first look at jets new uniforms

At the end of the day, if they had just put the 70s/80s logo on the new helmet, we'd still have the JB Smooth uniforms. The design alterations from wedges to stripes is minimal. 

(And yes, I nominate we call it the JB Smooth uniform era going forward. The team was a joke the entire time we wore them).

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

They both went back to the uniforms they wore in the 80’s. 
I wouldn’t call it a Niner’s copy. 

Ok, but the Niners did it first.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It was gonna be soooo much worse than what we got:

IMG_6906.jpeg

IMG_6907.jpeg

IMG_6908.jpeg

IMG_6909.jpeg

You might want to start telling yourself that none of this is really that bad.

That way when we end up getting it eventually, you'll be semi adjusted to it already.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TBJ said:

You might want to start telling yourself that none of this is really that bad.

That way when we end up getting it eventually, you'll be semi adjusted to it already.

I hate ALL OF IT.

In all seriousness, I think these new ones we just got are here to stay for a while.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I hate ALL OF IT.

In all seriousness, I think these new ones we just got are here to stay for a while.

There’s no reason for them to do anything besides, the current white and green. the Namath white and green, and playing with alternates. Less is more. The other stuff was way too busy.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I hate ALL OF IT.

Even if it is, which the way things have been going is not garaunteed, they will always roll out new looks for new sales.

If this new look does not sell or sales drop, get ready for lime green wedges baby!

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

Just cant understand why we cant incorporate an actual JET into our logo/uniform.  

That would be cool. On jersey Like under the nfl logo or like were the captain logo goes but opposite side.

On 4/19/2024 at 10:13 AM, Trotter said:

Caloric Avocado green or harvest gold 

Today most have the same boring stainless steel - just goes to show sometimes new and shiny is not better

What was the burnt brown color?

Yep the stove/oven unit (with the second, non-microwave oven above it) was Caloric. The fridge was GE with woodgrain handles. Washer/dryer also in harvest gold, too. Might have been GE, too. Sink was yellow, too, until Mama Sperm eventually Papa Sperm to pony up replacing it with stainless steel in the late 80s (along with replacing the crappola separate side sprayer-on-a-hose that would always leak after using unless you manually pulled the squeeze-tab back out, at which point it would merely drip).

The orange I don't remember seeing as much as the big 3 colors of the day. Looking it up now, Kohler made some orange sinks back in the 70s and called the color Sunflower. Is that what you were thinking of?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

While I understand the football gripe (and have always wanted something jetplane-related as an accent or alternate logo), I think the Parcells-era logo nails it with simplicity and class.

image.png.454a85ffceffbbb9f0d2bfe9981ab3d2.png

Now, I say the Parcells-era logo because I have a question out there for all the logo-ologists, which I haven't found an answer for.  

The Parcells-era logo is superior to the 60's because the football and laces are proportional and make sense.

Does anyone know WTF was going on with the football in the 60's logo?  What the hell is the splotch where the laces were supposed to be?  Is this supposed to be Long Island or something?  Lol

Joe Namath Signed And Inscribed Number 12 Inscription Helmet Authentic Jets  Full Size Speed Helmet (JSA Witnessed)

It's an airplane. 

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yep the stove/oven unit (with the second, non-microwave oven above it) was Caloric. The fridge was Frigidaire I think. Washer/dryer also in harvest gold, too. Might have been GE. Sink was yellow, too, until Mama Sperm eventually Papa Sperm to pony up replacing it with stainless steel in the late 80s (along with replacing the crappola separate side sprayer-on-a-hose that would always leak after using unless you manually pulled the squeeze-tab back out, at which point it would merely drip).

The orange I don't remember seeing as much as the big 3 colors of the day. Looking it up now, Kohler made some orange sinks back in the 70s and called the color Sunflower. Is that what you were thinking of?

not orange - i think the color might have been coppertone

so funny you posted this - my son is looking at a house and it has the exact caloric stove with the oven above in harvest gold. 

IT is spotless - i mean off the showroom floor condition - and the sink is yellow - straight out of the late 60's early 70's 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Trotter said:

not orange - i think the color might have been coppertone

so funny you posted this - my son is looking at a house and it has the exact caloric stove with the oven above in harvest gold. 

IT is spotless - i mean off the showroom floor condition - and the sink is yellow - straight out of the late 60's early 70's 

Wow, good for your son. It's a classic. Apparently you can rent those things out as props if it's in such great condition as you say: https://everythingprops.com/item/dIQ21CP80kYtDWVerKRh. This is the exact one we had, with that horrible timer-buzzer my mother used to set for my punishment duration. 

Oh I know what you maybe mean -- not really orange but more that it's brown & kind of fades to black at the edges? Our neighbors across the street had that color. Forgot all about that until I just came across the picture:

image.png

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I just realized now that the buildings & their mirror images are supposed to be laces.

image.png

Holy f***ing stewpid. 

That was for the Westside stadium  you know when Manhattan was getting the Olympics 

36 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Wow, good for your son. It's a classic. Apparently you can rent those things out as props if it's in such great condition as you say: https://everythingprops.com/item/dIQ21CP80kYtDWVerKRh. This is the exact one we had, with that horrible timer-buzzer my mother used to set for my punishment duration. 

Oh I know what you maybe mean -- not really orange but more that it's brown & kind of fades to black at the edges? Our neighbors across the street had that color. Forgot all about that until I just came across the picture:

image.png

Shouldn't this be in the Cleveland Browns thread?

21 minutes ago, JetsFlyer said:

That was for the Westside stadium  you know when Manhattan was getting the Olympics 

Who needs the Olympics when you can have the hunger games?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

image.png

That’s the color

the one in the house he looked at is really in amazing shape

your typical story of someone in their late 80’s early 90’s

And the dishwasher matches

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, prime21 said:

Just cant understand why we cant incorporate an actual JET into our logo/uniform.  

As someone that has been designing logos for corporations, sports industry, non profits, etc. for 25 years, a logo is not supposed to be literal. It's supposed to suggest. A good logo doesn't hit you in the face - it should be simpler in nature so it can be versatile on the brand items - helmets, tickets, etc. A literal plane would be nothing more than a graphic embellishment on a jersey, etc. It would never BE the logo. Character mascots, etc. are different than the overall logo, but maybe that is where they could play with a plane. There's a lot of confusion on what a logo actually is - and it should never be an illustration because it's too difficult to use on a variety of items in a variety of sizes. Also, it's been proven people are more apt to remember the Nike Swoosh, for instance, than a drawing of an airplane. The new Jets logo - with the slight alterations, is very conceptual and versatile. I think it looks really nice on the helmet, would like to have seen a small one on the jersey too.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Greensleeves said:

As someone that has been designing logos for corporations, sports industry, non profits, etc. for 25 years, a logo is not supposed to be literal. It's supposed to suggest. A good logo doesn't hit you in the face - it should be simpler in nature so it can be versatile on the brand items - helmets, tickets, etc. A literal plane would be nothing more than a graphic embellishment on a jersey, etc. It would never BE the logo. Character mascots, etc. are different than the overall logo, but maybe that is where they could play with a plane. There's a lot of confusion on what a logo actually is - and it should never be an illustration because it's too difficult to use on a variety of items in a variety of sizes. Also, it's been proven people are more apt to remember the Nike Swoosh, for instance, than a drawing of an airplane. The new Jets logo - with the slight alterations, is very conceptual and versatile. I think it looks really nice on the helmet, would like to have seen a small one on the jersey too.

Is a cartoon image of a football suggestive? ;) 

I like the current/80s logo. Is it the greatest logo ever? Of course not, but it has some style all its own & the jet profile image is plenty. Agreed it didn't need to be a full fighter jet image - like the Colts logo isn't literally a full horse right down to its undercarriage crank like the Bills' bull - but the obsession with force-feeding a cartoon football in there was always silly. Fine as a throwback for the Super Bowl uniform, but if you're going to change it from that then change it. Yeah it's subjective & all that, but subjectively 2019 logo was just a fail. Jets in capital letters with a slight arc. And a football.

Though I would suggest they become a winning program and then no one gives a crap what their logo or uniform looks like. 

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Hope this isn’t true since the Jets have decided to stick with those black unis.

I remember hearing something about this years ago.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3346809/

Teams with black uniforms are overwhelmingly likely to rank near the top of their leagues in penalties

I remember reading that back in ‘70s. The Raiders have always been notorious for penalties. I believe it’s true and also another reason not to wear those stupid things. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BP said:

I remember week ewbank saying in the mid 90’s. When you have a green jersey on a green field it’s much easier to see a receiver with a white helmet 

Tell that to the Eagles who seemingly have no issues being one of the best franchises for the last 25 years.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Tell that to the Eagles who seemingly have no issues being one of the best franchises for the last 25 years.

Undefeated Super Bowl champs for 25 years?