first look at jets new uniforms

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

About 4-5 years ago @southparkcpa sent me a link for a We Suck tee shirt featuring the old/now new logo. I bought two, one white and the other green. I still havh’t taken the tags off the green one.

Not sure if we still suck, but if we do, I’m ready!

Smart money has the odds that over the next 5 years.. Jets won't be .500. Maybe if Rodgers plays well.. we can have a good year but I haven't seen enough from Douglas that he can build a sustainable team, especially at QB. 

• WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Smart money has the odds that over the next 5 years.. Jets won't be .500. Maybe if Rodgers plays well.. we can have a good year but I haven't seen enough from Douglas that he can build a sustainable team, especially at QB. 

Agreed. I was trying to be nice. 😜

All of the primary and secondary logos.  I love all of em except the stupid plane in the football and the thick NY WITHOUT the plane on top (in and out of the football):

IMG_6829.jpeg

IMG_6830.jpeg

IMG_6831.jpeg

IMG_6832.jpeg

IMG_6833.jpeg

IMG_6834.jpeg

IMG_6835.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

All of the primary and secondary logos.  I love all of em except the stupid plane in the football and the thick NY WITHOUT the plane on top (in and out of the football):

IMG_6829.jpeg

IMG_6830.jpeg

IMG_6831.jpeg

IMG_6832.jpeg

IMG_6833.jpeg

IMG_6834.jpeg

IMG_6835.jpeg

I wanna know who has this obsession with the damn circle. Like, it's okay to stand alone. Doesn't need a giant green bubble around it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I wanna know who has this obsession with the damn circle. Like, it's okay to stand alone doesn't need a giant green bubble around it.

Given the content featured in Woody’s Instagram likes that leaked back when that was a thing, I think he’s the one who is a big fan of things that are round.

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

IMG_6832.jpeg

I was REALLY against this when I first saw it and thought it looked ridiculous but coming around to it now as a secondary/third option.

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Given the content featured in Woody’s Instagram likes that leaked back when that was a thing, I think he’s the one who is a big fan of things that are round.

This tracks.

As a child, Woody was not allowed to play with sharp objects.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Vudu said:

Green on Green is awesome

Green is my favorite color so I can’t get enough of it

Agreed.  I think this is the first time that I actually like the look of our “All-Green” uniform:

IMG_6822.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Agreed.  I think this is the first time that I actually like the look of our “All-Green” uniform:

IMG_6822.jpeg

Not a fan of the green on green.  Looks like they're wearing pajamas.  However, it's better than the black, which is effing hideous.  Black and green is not a good color combo.  It never was and never will be.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

The uniforms look great.  The Jets should have went with this concept during the initial redo a few years ago.

Overarching theme: clean, simple designs are typically best.

I personally like the alternative "jet in a football" logo.  It's simple and subtle without the screaming "JETS" in it.

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, green&white said:

Not a fan of the green on green.  Looks like they're wearing pajamas.  However, it's better than the black, which is effing hideous.  Black and green is not a good color combo.  It never was and never will be.

Agree on both points wholeheartedly

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I get why some feel that way.  Again, I’m only 30, so the “alternative” looks appeal to me and my generation, so I have an implicit bias.  Personally, I think these look TOUGH:

IMG_6838.thumb.jpeg.2d7aae38823b61a155130f6425d1b299.jpeg

IMG_6839.jpeg

Our colors are green and white though.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I get why some feel that way.  Again, I’m only 30, so the “alternative” looks appeal to me and my generation, so I have an implicit bias.  Personally, I think these look TOUGH:

IMG_6839.jpeg

I’m 10 years older than you and I love the black uniforms. But I like black stuff, I guess 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, green&white said:

White pants would be better also because the grass / turf is green.

When the entire uniform is green, there can be a bit of camo effect with the playing surface where it's a little harder to see / distinguish your teammates given the speed of the game.

Unless they were to also do something like Boise State and play on a blue field 🤣

the quality of play will dictate how these go over.
the most previous vers might have been better accepted if not for the failure associated with it.
still a fan of the originals or at least the parcells redo.
best of jets history in those. sb3, 3 afccg and 9 playoffs years iirc.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

IMG_6839.jpeg

Not a big fan of the black uniforms, and yes, I'm older than 30. lol. I think it would be way better if they used the color and outline of the Jets logo on the black helmet for the jersey numbers and names instead of white. 

• Upvote 2