first look at jets new uniforms

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

This took a 53 year old Retired Fireman shamming from work about 65 seconds to create a visual representation/concept of. People go to school for this sh*t for 4 years. 

Screenshot2024-04-15165104-fotor-20240415165559.png.61d6c039a74a00a8d93481b8aa79f318.png

This better one took a retired near-Boomer damn near 3 minutes. 

Screenshot2024-04-15165104-fotor-2024041517356.png.9c4f35efd992ff67991f10a0cc886c88.png

Looks pretty f'ing bad tbh. Plus its just stupid because It's not the same logo anymore

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Looks pretty f'ing bad tbh. Plus its just stupid because It's not the same logo anymore

And no matter how many ways he butchers the logo, unless you separate the pic from the lettering, they both can’t be going in the same direction on opposite sides of the helmet, unless reading the word Jets is unimportant.  
But don’t bother, he swears he’s right 

The "We Suck" text is way too low on the shirt but funny otherwise.
As far as the other shirt, we sometimes get blown out.
That is part of what makes it work
...even the shirt is a fail

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

The ones we got a few years ago were a lot better. We Suck on the one you have now is so low it looks like it would be hidden by your sagging old man boobs. 😜

That's just a photo from  the net.  Im sure on Amazon, they're still the same.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

This took a 53 year old Retired Fireman shamming from work about 65 seconds to create a visual representation/concept of. People go to school for this sh*t for 4 years. 

Screenshot2024-04-15165104-fotor-20240415165559.png.61d6c039a74a00a8d93481b8aa79f318.png

Screenshot2024-04-15165104-fotor-2024041517356.png.9c4f35efd992ff67991f10a0cc886c88.png

Is this the X-29 of logos??

300px-Grumman-X29-InFlight.jpg

• Haha 4

Kinda looks like a belt buckle. I like it better today than yesterday though. All they had to do was keep this separate.from the words and they'd have solved the backwards flying plane issue.

16 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Respectfully, and with full acknowledgement that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.......that logo is just awful.  I'd rather have the Namath Era logo than this, and I'm a huge fan of the 80's era logo personally.  

I don't feel any need to have a "forward facing" swoop on both sides of the helmet, requiring effectively two different logo designs, and I honestly don't understand why that's such a huge hang-up for you (and seemingly you alone).

The logo is fine as is.  Players won't run slower because the swoop on one side faces "backwards".

JMO.

• Upvote 3

Respectfully, and with full acknowledgement that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.......that logo is just awful.  I'd rather have the Namath Era logo than this, and I'm a huge fan of the 80's era logo personally.  
I don't feel any need to have a "forward facing" swoop on both sides of the helmet, requiring effectively two different logo designs, and I honestly don't understand why that's such a huge hang-up for you (and seemingly you alone).
The logo is fine as is.  Players won't run slower because the swoop on one side faces "backwards".
JMO.
My thoughts too ... Old timers remember how derided this Logo was at the end of its 80s run. I'm glad the new gen gets to enjoy it ... I really mean that. For me though ... It always looked cheap with a bad font and the backwards plane thing always bothered me a tiny bit. Just had to break the swoop from the text.

The rest of the uni is a sure upgrade though.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

My thoughts too ... Old timers remember how derided this Logo was at the end of its 80s run. I'm glad the new gen gets to enjoy it ... I really mean that. For me though ... It always looked cheap with a bad font and the backwards plane thing always bothered me a tiny bit.

The rest of the uni is a sure upgrade though.

Don't think of it as backwards.

Think of it as flying forward on one side of the helmet representing the Offense moving forward, and flying in the other direction on the other side of the helmet representing the Defense falling back into coverage.  Ying and Yang.

Lol.

I don't know, it just doesn't bother me at all and never has.  I'm pretty happy all around with the new uniforms and will enjoy buying at least a few hats in this new/80's logo.  Hopefully they'll have the green jerseys in 5x as well down the road for me, as I'd like a Hall jersey.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Think of it as flying forward on one side of the helmet representing the Offense moving forward, and flying in the other direction on the other side of the helmet representing the Defense falling back into coverage.  Ying and Yang.

Lol.

I don't know, it just doesn't bother me at all and never has.  I'm pretty happy all around with the new uniforms and will enjoy buying at least a few hats in this new/80's logo.  Hopefully they'll have the green jerseys in 5x as well down the road for me, as I'd like a Hall jersey.

It doesn't bother me at all either.

The problem (for those who consider it a problem) is this isn't really a logo but a lettermark.

The only true logo the Jets now have is that Solo Jet Swoosh - and that could be put on a helmet facing forward on both sides. This could have been a more interesting choice for the alternate black unis/helmet. Perhaps if this Jet Swoosh becomes popular they consider it for future alternates. (altho I would not put it in an oval but just have it pinstripe the helmet itself).

image.thumb.png.5dcfaec1e952410be7b40fa3bcceb7cb.png

Could also stylize the NY tilted in either direction with corresponding Jet Swoosh.

image.png.f8b2852a636a9ae3d1ab29de7f0ade89.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lol.

I have brain problems. Leave me alone!! OCD at its finest. I can't help it... ITS. ALL. I. SEE!!!

It comes in handy doing plan reviews. Engineers and architects HATE when I can kick back a plan for 10 errors on the first page of a 100 page submittal, especially because they know they messed up and got caught...

😆 🤣 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I have brain problems. Leave me alone!! OCD at its finest. I can't help it... ITS. ALL. I. SEE!!!

It comes in handy doing plan reviews. Engineers and architects HATE when I can kick back a plan for 10 errors on the first page of a 100 page submittal, especially because they know they messed up and got caught...

😆 🤣 

Me too ... the main responsibility in my job is creative direction ... my OCD is insane ... the artists I work with LOVE that 🤣

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 1

It doesn't bother me at all either.
The problem (for those who consider it a problem) is this isn't really a logo but a lettermark.
The only true logo the Jets now have is that Solo Jet Swoosh - and that could be put on a helmet facing forward on both sides. This could have been a more interesting choice for the alternate black unis/helmet. Perhaps if this Jet Swoosh becomes popular they consider it for future alternates. (altho I would not put it in an oval but just have it pinstripe the helmet itself).
http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2024_04/image.thumb.png.5dcfaec1e952410be7b40fa3bcceb7cb.png
Could also stylize the NY tilted in either direction with corresponding Jet Swoosh.
http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2024_04/image.png.f8b2852a636a9ae3d1ab29de7f0ade89.png
Nice .. I agree breaking the swoosh off the letter mark to me is cleaner. Your Netflix white environment is styling too .. nice.

16 hours ago, JETSxWRATH™ said:

Black Jerseys are here to stay, people like them. Get used to it

I like back jerseys. I don’t like that the jets can’t seem to design good looking ones. I’d rather not have them than have ugly ones, but I was asking for stealth black as a branding shift over 10 years ago.

Im way ahead of the trend curve in this one. The Jets actually had a branding angle that justified it, rather than the copycat strategy they are into now. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I like back jerseys. I don’t like that the jets can’t seem to design good looking ones. I’d rather not have them than have ugly ones, but I was asking for stealth black as a branding shift over 10 years ago.

Im way ahead of the trend curve in this one. The Jets actually had a branding angle that justified it, rather than the copycat strategy they are into now. 

I don't like Black Uniforms FOR THE JETS. Green and black looks like puke imo. The alternate color scheme should have been a dark gray of some kind. THAT would have looked awesome. 

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I don't like Black Uniforms FOR THE JETS. Green and black looks like puke imo. The alternate color scheme should have been a dark gray of some kind. THAT would have looked awesome. 

I agree .. something like Eastern Michigan  or Baylor could have been cool.

bilde1.jpg

baylor-uniforms-art-brilesjpg.jpg

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I get why some feel that way.  Again, I’m only 30, so the “alternative” looks appeal to me and my generation, so I have an implicit bias.  Personally, I think these look TOUGH:

IMG_6838.thumb.jpeg.2d7aae38823b61a155130f6425d1b299.jpeg

IMG_6839.jpeg

I'll never be a fan of the black on the Jet's unis, however, it looked significantly better when they did the white jersey with black pants

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Agreed.

F-15 Eagle Blue-Grey (with a White 80's Jets logo on the Helmet) would be a nice, and very unique, third-alternate-color-uniform option.

210311-F-UM856-0103-2048x1175.jpeg

With that said, black sells.  Simple as that really, it's why you can find black gear for almost every team in every sport on their shops.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

If I were a player I would definitely rather play with the black uni's than the grey ones.

image.jpeg.50d59e410a4bd47dd46e93274057fdfe.jpegimage.jpeg.07fee0519c7571c4328855be3090b483.jpeg

Plus I don’t get the green looks better with dark gray as opposed to black.  It’s a lighter shade of black.  The numbers are white, not hard to see 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jetswin said:

green jerseys, white pants = good

Parcells era redo is till the best imho

Those uniforms looked great.  These look great also.  We are allowed to have two nice looking uni’s.  

• Upvote 1

Bruce Coslet adding black to the uniform to “look tough,” was horrifically ugly, and with the Jets current infatuation with their black alternates, I was really concerned that the new unis would look a lot like those. I am pleasantly surprised. I love that the new threads are basically green and white, and I think the oversized opposite color collar looks really sharp. These were garbage: 

A55D333F-D807-4233-B677-955592A77608.jpeg

2C38623E-187A-4E94-8336-693FC14CE463.jpeg

• Upvote 1

The uniform set is fine. Glad to see the team reusing the 80s logo. Better than the weird reverse wing things on the shoulders from the prior set. 

Like or hate it, the black alts are going to be part of the uniform for the foreseeable future. Black sells well, the team doesn't have a third color, and they've recycled the old Jets uniforms into the regular uniforms over the past twenty-five years. The only thing that's left is the Titans throwback which wasn't hugely popular.