****The Official Day 1 of the NFL Draft Thread****

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

JB needs to get it going tonight. 76ers will be on a revenge tour. Take 1 game in Philly, and its' over

Thibs needs to have the Knicks treating game 3 like it's game 7. Knicks have to have that killer instinct tonight. The Pacers and Bucks series probably goes 7 games, so the sooner the Knicks dispose of Philly the better. Embiid looks gassed out there. Knicks in 5.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

I just hope we don't pick at 10 tonight.  Trade up a couple slots and get Rome, or trade back a few slots and take Fuaga/Fashanu and add some draft capital.  Options 1a and 1b for me.

This is kinda where I'm at. Even with Bowers there. If they want him - I'd kinda hope they're able to trade back a few slots and still grab him. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah man, be nice. Possible with the way QB’s fly off board. I still can’t believe when we took Sauce he was second the DB off the board. Proof anything can happen, 

Everything fell right for us in that draft 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I doubt they will trade up they are better than adequate at the WR position and already have a top Ohio State WR on the team plus others that fill in good as 2s and 3s. They signed and spent money on FA offensive linemen and can adequately draft a good one later in the draft. So based on rumors looks like a good chance they take Bowers. If he's selected by another team before 10 than probably an O lineman. Or preferably trade back. Look Bowers is a good player should have a better than average career in the NFL even though Jets aren't bad at the TE position. As for Rodgers having a say in the draft I'm OK with that but so far the FO hasn't been signing his favorites and has even cut or demoted several guys they signed last year. They're obviously playing politics with AR since he caused probs in GB when they didn't draft players or at positions he liked. And then drafted a QB in the first round to obviously replace him in future. As for drafting a QB (and getting Rodgers mad) it makes sense they will draft one this year there is little depth and no developmental guy on the roster. I'd like to see a guy who might not have the physical intangibles but has proven in college he can read defenses and run an NFL offense (unlike Zach).

17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Thibs needs to have the Knicks treating game 3 like it's game 7. Knicks have to have that killer instinct tonight. The Pacers and Bucks series probably goes 7 games, so the sooner the Knicks dispose of Philly the better. Embiid looks gassed out there. Knicks in 5.

no one cares about basketball .

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Another thing I was thinking about that I’m not sure alters who we draft. But it’s likely easier for us to pay GW and Bowers down the road than it is to pay GW and a top WR. Are we sure that in like 4-5 years want to potentially have 2 very highly paid WRs

I know that’s a good problem to have. But we’re seeing right now with Chase and Higgins and Deebo and Aiyuk how hard that is.

• Upvote 1

My top 3 out of the people that are presumably within reach:

- *Rome Odunze*

- Taliese Fuaga

- Brock Bowers

There are not many scenarios that I would be unhappy with though. Defense is obviously off the table and I am not into Malik Nabers - if it happens, I will talk myself into how good he could be but would also be 0% shocked if he's one of the bigger busts in this draft.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ll be at my brothers wedding and overdosing at the cocktail hour.

What kind of human being schedules his wedding for the most important day of the year for the ny jets every year?

You and JetNut have to do better with your relatives.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Another thing I was thinking about that I’m not sure alters who we draft. But it’s likely easier for us to pay GW and Bowers down the road than it is to pay GW and a top WR. Are we sure that in like 4-5 years want to potentially have 2 very highly paid WRs

I know that’s a good problem to have. But we’re seeing right now with Chase and Higgins and Deebo and Aiyuk how hard that is.

I really hope our GM isn't considering "I might have to pay this guy in 4-5 years" as a part of draft ranking. You want that to be the case with every pick you make. Like, wtf?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What kind of human being schedules his wedding for the most important day of the year for the ny jets every year?

You and JetNut have to do better with your relatives.

I bought a Meta Quest 3 VR headset after falling in love with the Apple Vision Pro demo I signed up for.

For the last 4 weeks I have been constantly thinking about how cool it’s going to be to have a virtual draft command center and then crashing back to earth when I remember that I am not, in fact, going to to be living that dream (tonight.)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It is such a great feeling to wake up on draft day knowing you have one of the best, young GMs in the league making the pick for your franchise.  Joe D will kill it tonight.

Enjoy fellas!

Here's to hoping JD is wearing the same underwear and ate the same breakfast he did in 2022, and not what he did in 2020, 2021, or 2023.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It is such a great feeling to wake up on draft day knowing you have one of the best, young GMs in the league making the pick for your franchise.  Joe D will kill it tonight.

Enjoy fellas!

O Captain! My Captain!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I really hope our GM isn't considering "I might have to pay this guy in 4-5 years" as a part of draft ranking. You want that to be the case with every pick you make. Like, wtf?

I do think they think about this to a point. Obviously the clear and most obvious thing is to draft a guy that’s worth the pick and you think fits the team. But I do think that GMs think about this when they’re drafting. That they just can’t keep using valuable picks on the same area. Because you can’t pay everyone. And it’s not exactly a great use of resources. Look how much it set us back just continuously drafting DL in the 1st very year. We were talented there but were awful darn near everywhere else. Bc we spent valuable picks on just DL and tied money up there. To where our offense was embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I bought a Meta Quest 3 VR headset after falling in love with the Apple Vision Pro demo I signed up for.

For the last 4 weeks I have been constantly thinking about how cool it’s going to be to have a virtual draft command center and then crashing back to earth when I remember that I am not, in fact, going to to be living that dream (tonight.)

All respect for you, lost.  Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

All respect for you, lost.  Lol

You have not lived until you have a 101” virtual screen with 4 Japanese woman throwing up in your face from a 1st person POV.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

if you take a defensive player in the first round I will throw the biggest temper tantrum this site has ever seen.

Tough to beat, we’ve seen temper tantrums last for years here.