Question about Aaron Rodgers Egypt trip

I still don’t understand why he had to miss training camp for this. I understand it’s difficult to change the date of a planned trip abroad for a regular person. However, don’t you think Aaron Rodgers had the resources to go to Egypt any time he wants? Don’t you think he could pretty much just say who he is and any restaurant, hotel, tour group will accommodate him?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 1

I agree. Not a dealbreaker but certainly a red flag heading into the season and kind of a slap in the face to the team and coaches. Book your stupid vacation during one of the many weeks the team doesn’t have mandatory practice, especially coming off a season where you missed every game. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

Who cares. Based on his history in GB you expect not to even hear from him until August.

yet; this dude had been here way more in offseason than anyone imagined.  

non story. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Spoken like a guy who’s never spent two hours on a phone with a 19 year-old Bangladeshi kid, calling himself “Steven,” trying in vain to move your Expedia travel dates without paying a 100% penalty. 

You think Rodgers booked his trip through Expedia?

Id imagine he’d have some fancy travel agent available to him. I could be wrong I guess. 

• More Ugh 1

14 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Welcome to the forum.

Here's the deal. He's looking to buy a pyramid for a winter home. They don't come available very often and you can't trust the pictures on buyapyramid.com. He had to go see it in person to make sure it came with the correct number of advertised mummies. I believe he got a really good deal and I'm happy for him.

I'm jumping in late here so maybe I missed something but it seems like Steven should have been able to handle counting the mummies.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PositiveJetFan said:

I still don’t understand why he had to miss training camp for this. I understand it’s difficult to change the date of a planned trip abroad for a regular person. However, don’t you think Aaron Rodgers had the resources to go to Egypt any time he wants? Don’t you think he could pretty much just say who he is and any restaurant, hotel, tour group will accommodate him?

He didn't miss training camp. He missed two mini camp practices after being there for the entire offseason program.

I wish he was at mini camp, but it is different than training camp.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Aaron Rodgers is a child and the Jets are his plaything . 

Silly post. When was the last time you saw a child fall and couldn’t get up after 4 plays? He’s just old, likely bucket list trip . 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Silly post. When was the last time you saw a child fall and couldn’t get up after 4 plays? He’s just old, likely bucket list trip . 

He's milking the Jets . His best days are behind him . Too bad the Jets front office are so desperate that they will put up with anything from him .

53 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

He's milking the Jets . His best days are behind him . Too bad the Jets front office are so desperate that they will put up with anything from him .

Yep, they are desperate , but Rodgers has been like this for awhile in Green Bay. Not sure if it makes it better or worse  but he’s likely shown up more pre season stuff here than he has the last few years in Green Bay. Narcissist will Narcissist I guess. 

Best guess it’s just the wrong information, a lie or he had a super exclusive one of a kind booking that simply wasn’t available for other dates and as famous as Rodgers is he probably books accommodations that other rich and powerful people do that can’t be simply bumped. 

I doubt he had a double queen room at the best western booked. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, PositiveJetFan said:

This seems totally like the kind of thread “PositiveJetFan” would start with his very first post. Usually you try to start a little slower, but that’s cool. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I'm guessing it was some type of group/private organization event with Rodgers and likeminded people.

Otherwise, there's no excuse missing those minicamp dates, if you were just going to Egypt w/a couple buddies to smoke hasheesh and marvel at the pyramids.  

He'a starting a camel racing league here in the US and he was over there looking for the fastest camels in the world. He could be involved in a breeding program as well. Lots of money in camel racing.

• Haha 2

Valid question. I don't care. Is the situation ideal? No, but I still don't care.

Rodgers has been a model teammate and a true leader. He put his rehab on hold to watch the games on the sidelines. He did NOT have to do that. Also, when you are a future hall of famer, you get to live by different rules, and it doesn't bother me. 

• Upvote 3

All I know is that two missed practices in June means almost certain failure come the regular season. People should be more upset about this imminent disaster. Has Rodgers ever missed these springtime exercises before? That must’ve been horrible, too. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, slats said:

All I know is that two missed practices in June means almost certain failure come the regular season. People should be more upset about this imminent disaster. Has Rodgers ever missed these springtime exercises before? That must’ve been horrible, too. 

Spin class spring  2021 at the Green Bay Community and cheese appreciation center. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, PositiveJetFan said:

Trying to make something out of nothing. How ironic a new poster.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1