Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

During last season. He knew he wasn't going to be able to sign him. He could have easily traded him and gotten assets.

The Jets were 4-3 prior to the trade deadline. You wanted them to trade their best situational pass rusher at that point?

There is one guy on this site who suggested it and most people including myself scoffed at the idea.

• Sympathy 1

We paid what? A 2026 3rd for the guy? It shouldn’t be too hard to get that back in a trade. The lesson here is be leery when a deal looks to good to be true.

Joey D thought he pulled a fast one on Philly and Reddick and that he held all the cards here, but it turns out Rossman and the Eagles knew how serious Reddick was.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

So the Jets are inept because they won't just cave to Reddick's demand?

And then of course SOJF just eats that right up.

Jets FO should remain firm, I wouldn't have a problem with a minor concession with some incentives, but either Reddick takes that or he rots.

Agree with you.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets were 4-3 prior to the trade deadline. You wanted them to trade their best situational pass rusher at that point?

There is one guy on this site who suggested it and most people including myself scoffed at the idea.

Last seasons result was extremely predictable. So yes.

I don't care what a bunch of homers here think  you lot are constantly wrong about everything. Too busy deep throating Douglas to use your brains.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

We paid what? A 2026 3rd for the guy? It shouldn’t be too hard to get that back in a trade. The lesson here is be leery when a deal looks to good to be true.

Joey D thought he pulled a fast one on Philly and Reddick and that he held all the cards here, but it turns out Rossman and the Eagles knew how serious Reddick was.

I really dont understand the hate for Joe D here.  Hassan has no leverage.  Everyone calling out how it was him or Huff make no sense.  The jets didnt want to re-sign him either way, so its not like one caused the other. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That's my point. People say we should have just signed him ignoring the small caveat kid was a free agent and didn't want to be here. He wanted to play 3 downs and not just a situational pass rusher, again people ignore that and forgot that Reddick actually is a 3 down player. But, people like to compare them like it's apples to apple and it certainly isn't. 

I mean I agree, he didn't want to be here so that's a moot point. We should have traded him during the season. I doubt it was a surprise to the team he wasn't going to sign again.

And if the reason we didn't trade him is because Douglas thought Zach Wilson was gonna take this team into the playoffs then lol

• Haha 1

The Jets don't look great here, but there is a reason Hasson Reddick is on his 4th team in 5 years.  He's a pain in the ass clearly in it for himself.  Not a team guy.

The Jets are not going to trade Reddick unless they receive a formidable offer, which is not likely to happen at this stage.  Time to show up and play, Haason.  You are likely playing for your final substantial contract.  You have no leverage, and the Jets are not going to cave.  They have already offered what they are willing to offer.

For those crying about the trade, the Jets gave up essentially nothing.  A third rounder three drafts from when the trade was made.  Peanuts.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

This ball is in the Jets court now & they are squarely in the driver's seat;

Reddick has ZERO leverage here.

All he can do is sit out the season in protest, which would means he'd lose a year's salary & his value on the free agent market would take a huge hit.

JD’s goal should not be to apply leverage and get a disgruntled player to either sit out or bring bad vibes in.   Plus Rodgers hates bad JuJu.  It should be avoided at any cost.

If the Jets don’t make the playoffs JD and Saleh are toast.  I would say there’s pressure on JD to put the best team on the field as he possibly can.  JD and Saleh are in the death seat not the drivers seat.  This is playoffs or Seppuku for JD and Saleh.

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Last seasons result was extremely predictable. So yes.

I don't care what a bunch of homers here think  you lot are constantly wrong about everything. Too busy deep throating Douglas to use your brains.

The Jets had a +500 record going into November with Aaron Rodgers attempting to make a return if we made the playoffs. Unless you were suggesting the Jets trade Huff prior to the deadline your comment seems quite bold.

Just now, Bowles Movement said:

He was a free agent.   Cant trade someone if you dont own their rights.

We could have franchised him but that would be a gross overpay.

We could have traded him during the season.

Developing a pass rusher and then letting him walk for nothing is one of the worst cases of asset management this team has had in a while.

I know it’s fashionable to dump on all things Jets, but this is on the player.  I’ll forgive and forget in 3 months when he’s playing and gets a timely snap but I’m not going to shed a tear for Reddick in this situation.  I’m almost always for a player getting his cash too.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

How does that help us win a Super Bowl this year?

Clear-cut mistake by the GM.  Learn from it, trade him, get something that will help, even if only in a small way, in 2024 and/or beyond.

Trying to be the bigger dick gains us nothing.

Trading him at a loss doesn't help us either. And you've got a bunch of young guys who are about to be up for contract watching very closely. Caving to ridiculous demands from a dishonest guy with no leverage will only embolden the agents of guys who have actually been drafted by and have made big contributions to the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Good statement JD. This dude can play here or sit out. Trading him would be so weak. When he agreed to be moved here, he knew what was going on. Play out your contract and go get paid next year like you agreed to do.

• Upvote 1

• slats changed the title to Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade