Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

17 minutes ago, slats said:

His salary is currently off the books. The Jets listed him as “did not report.” 

They'll still need to keep that money ready though, because if they go and spend it elsewhere that gives Reddick the opportunity to show up and push them over the cap to use against them.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Question to anyone - will Reddick's unpaid salary get added back into our cap space?

I have to assume not, but I thought I saw someone suggest that recently. If so, Reddick TRULY lacks leverage. The Jets should simply trade for an available pass rusher close to the deadline and pay them using Reddick's cap space, if the team is performing up to expectations. 

Obviously, it'll hurt to have lost the pick on Reddick, but if we're winning enough games it will all be forgiven 

That is my understanding, yes. The Jets cap has already been reflected on OTC

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GangGreened said:

But it’s what the Jets want him to do, they want him in the building to talk business, and he won’t even do that. That’s why I think he just doesn’t want to play here at this point.

The sad part is the Jets didn't give him permission to seek a trade.

Haasan right now is like one of the homeless guys on 8th and 35th just yelling into the sky with people walking by him trying not to make eye contact.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Joe D defenders arriving in 321....

this is all on Joe 

total incompetence on full display in this trade

Not quite as fast as the haters.  The MINUTE there is an opportunity to bitch, moan, and whine, haters will be here in 2, 1 . . . .

14 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I agree that Reddick shouldn't make or break our season, but take it easy. Reddick is still a great player and was an exciting addition to the team. Some folks might take the media bait and overreact, but I think most of us are just the normal amount of disappointed lol

Also agree about the agent. This is such a dumb holdout, even if Reddick is purely in it for the money he's costing himself eye-watering amounts now and later. Given the flip flop in positions on a new (1yr) deal, I'm almost wondering if it's Reddick himself who's just doing some CTE sh*t... Or a very dumb friend/family member

It's a win now year.  What is worth more, a 3rd 2 years from now or a chance to have Haason Reddick?  What would you prefer?  Haason Reddick from week 7 on for $7-14M and needing to play for a contract in 2025, or Haason Reddick with $50M in guaranteed money, locked up until he turns 33?  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

At this point, if he shows up they are going to have him stand around and do nothing until the contract situation is resolved so that can confidently say that his “back pain” will have had to have come from an outside the facility workout so his grievance burns up like a piece of tissue paper.

I do not believe Reddick will play a single down of football this year.  The Jets aren’t opening themselves up to grievance claim, he, as well as his agent, have shown that they are manipulative, and he is not going to play football unless he has a new contract. 

That's not going to happen.

Even if it does, he walks as a free agent and gets a big deal elsewhere, comp pick will make up for the trade.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s one of the elite pass rushers in football. The Jets boning him isn’t going to ruin his market. It just reaffirms that the Jets are clowns. 

Trying to remember the Khalil Mack situation but it feels kind of similar. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

nah - let him rot. he went back on his word and for that he can just not earn anything this year if he wants to be a bitch.

I think that JD has to either get equal value for what he traded him for, which is a 3rd round draft pick, or as you say, let him rot.  To trade him now for a 4th round pick, after giving up a 3rd round pick, would make JD look weak and stupid.  JD does not want to look weak and stupid, so Reddick better hope that JD can get at least a 3rd round pick for the guy.

Even if Reddick is inactive every week, it is what it is.  And if Reddick is inactive every week, then good luck to him when he wants to get a new contract next year, with getting zero sacks and being a malcontent.

• Upvote 1

He’s one of the elite pass rushers in football. The Jets boning him isn’t going to ruin his market. It just reaffirms that the Jets are clowns. 

He agreed to come here and play on his current contract. Posted a bunch of positive social media posts about feasting in this defense. Now he went back on his word and wants another trade. No team is trading for him and giving him a bag at this point. He is ruining his own market

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Claymation said:

And so isn't Hassan's agent.

Unless he lands him a 20+ million dollar contract

I don't know who Hassan's agent is, his history and truthfully he's not my concern.

As a Jet fan Joe Douglas is my concern.  This incident in a vacuum isn't that big a deal but the continued incompetence is what's concerning. 

• Upvote 1

• slats changed the title to Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade
6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know who Hassan's agent is, his history and truthfully he's not my concern.

As a Jet fan Joe Douglas is my concern.  This incident in a vacuum isn't that big a deal but the continued incompetence is what's concerning. 

Either Reddick plays this year or doesn't, and that is on him.

Joe's future here hinges on what the Jets do this year. He built a solid roster, a top 6 by 33rd team and top 4 according to pff. This is a good roster with or without Reddick. 

• Upvote 3

It’s all falling apart ! The end times !

But whatever happens, I’m going to be happy, I’m going to give my all no matter what because that’s just who I am as a person. No matter how it goes, how many years, I’m going to be here for however long I’m here for and I’m going to give the team, the fans, everything that I have.”

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

Multiple tweets from Cimini and Hughes earlier in the thread stating so

You’d need to hear it from Douglas directly. Wfan is at camp tomorrow and he’s scheduled to appear.

Im not sure how anyone looks at this as a bad situation fro the jets like they they did something wrong. Joe will hold him to what they agreed, kid got greedy, no big deal. SOmeone want to offer us a first rounder for him? cool...h be inative all year cool...wahtever...

Just a dumb player costing himself month. He has no legerage. F him

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I really like this line. The only difference is that the Eagles needed to cut Reddick due to the $15m cap hit vs signing Huff to a new deal at a much lower 1st year base pay. Jets made a calculated gamble that Reddick would rather play for $15m than nothing at all. Now we wait and see who budges first. 

Douglas’ problem in this is that the Eagles are far and away the best team in football with contracts and cap management, and it looks like he got snookered here twice—once when the Eagles pulled Huff away for $17mm AAV and then when Roseman dumped his Reddick problem in his lap. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Your whole take is straight out of high school. Reddick has no leverage, he has every reason to play, and if he doesn't he'll lose a year of his already aging career and be tagged a problem player. The Jets are in the enviable position not to need him even though he'd be a plus on the field. Reddick and his agent are idiots.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas’ problem in this is that the Eagles are far and away the best team in football with contracts and cap management, and it looks like he got snookered here twice—once when the Eagles pulled Huff away for $17mm AAV and then when Roseman dumped his Reddick problem in his lap. 

"pulled Huff away..." Fake news.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And they have Becton at RG! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

It only looks like that to really dumb people 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Your whole take is straight out of high school. Reddick has no leverage, he has every reason to play, and if he doesn't he'll lose a year of his already aging career and be tagged a problem player. The Jets are in the enviable position not to need him even though he'd be a plus on the field. Reddick and his agent are idiots.

Do you feel like the 2024 Jets would be best served by sitting on Reddick’s unused portion of the cap all season? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Fortunately we have very smart people like yourself to help us sort these things out. 

I'm dumb. Just not REALLY dumb, like dumb enough to think Huff and Reddick were intertwined in some way, or that JD hasn't made the right move on either one.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2