Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

Come on now…Obviously you are not responsible for getting rid of Huff and JFM. I am saying the Jets FO did this. 

It is simple if you trade for an underpaid superstar you shouldn’t be surprised that…..you simply now have an unhappy underpaid superstar  on your team and then the FO to act like that is all a surprise is disingenuous at best.
The Jets FO is acting like this and I don’t believe it  

You mean a player who is looking for more money for their current team has the audacity to ask for more money from the Jets!

Nah .. this is the same sh*t Assman was spewing.... There was a verbal agreement/understanding prior to to trade between Reddick and the Jets FO. Reddick's agents are trying to maximize their profits on a depreciating asset. He will be 30 next year.

Jets should hold fast ... They have other fish to fry contract wise next year. Reddick can sit and rot, or he can use the opportunity to increase his value heading into free agency.

Don't forget that the Team offered him a contract .. which he declined.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yes of course. Because Saleh and Douglas have no choice but to win this season and the team was better with Huff on it than off of it. The franchise salary is meaningless when you have no choice but to win. What they wouldn’t have been able to sign Kinlaw? 

The franchise tag (as SE accurately points out in detail) hamstrings a club with other things they can do to fill out the full roster. It really is not hard to understand that.

• Upvote 1

I was passed a pretty spicy tidbit that Douglas (and Saleh) fully intended to re-do Reddick’s deal but Woody put the kibosh on it because he doesn’t want any more dead money on his hands moving forward. Says a lot about what he thinks of Douglas’ future prospects as a Jets employee.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Any good player helps. But he’s not a key to us winning or losing games. As I said he doesn’t play. We have still one of the best DLines in the league.

I guess ultimately where we'll mostly disagree is I believe Huff played a bigger role in the defense's success than most.    I also believe the Jets organization understood this (But for some unknown reason didn't like him) but felt they needed to replace that production.

All I'm saying is - I keep hearing how Reddick has no leverage and I believe it's clear that he does.  You can debate who has more or less - but he absolutely has some leverage here.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was passed a pretty spicy tidbit that Douglas (and Saleh) fully intended to re-do Reddick’s deal but Woody put the kibosh on it because he doesn’t want any more dead money on his hands moving forward. Says a lot about what he thinks of Douglas’ future prospects as a Jets employee.

This is the most likely reason

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If this is true it's about right for this organization.  Dysfunction has been a defining characteristic of the Johnson reign.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Come on now…Obviously you are not responsible for getting rid of Huff and JFM. I am saying the Jets FO did this. 

It is simple if you trade for an underpaid superstar you shouldn’t be surprised that…..you simply now have an unhappy underpaid superstar  on your team and then the FO to act like that is all a surprise is disingenuous at best.

The Jets FO is acting like this and I don’t believe it  

You mean a player who is looking for more money for their current team has the audacity to ask for more money from the Jets!

You are still arguing based on the totally unsupported assumption that Reddick didn't do a change-up about this.  You just presume that it was the Jets F.O. that is lying here.  All this when we know agents, particularly those from CAA, lie all the time.  Why in the world do you think one side is being honest while the other is not?   Makes no sense.  You base every one of your opinions on an unsupported assumption that it's all the Jets fault here.  Nonsense.  Reddick/CAA most likely shifted gears after the fact.  That's what agents do.  That video is just spoon fed nonsense BTW.  I'm shocked that you believe anything said in it. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

21.3 million and an extremely disgruntled situational pass rusher. That was the move! I bet he would never have held out 😅

As opposed to the disgruntled no show they decided to absorb 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

True. But I’m starting to think he doesn’t care

I think that's blatantly obvious at this point.

Reddick cares about himself, that's it.

That's why he's on his 4th team in seven years & trying to get to a 5th.

The man is a divisive plague, that will infect any organization he goes to.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I guess ultimately where we'll mostly disagree is I believe Huff played a bigger role in the defense's success than most.    I also believe the Jets organization understood this (But for some unknown reason didn't like him) but felt they needed to replace that production.

All I'm saying is - I keep hearing how Reddick has no leverage and I believe it's clear that he does.  You can debate who has more or less - but he absolutely has some leverage here.

No discredit to Huff bc I liked him. But McDonalds skill set is arguably better. While rather unproven. They are similar players. So IMO it was clear they were ok with letting Huff walk for a huge payday bc they have him. But the price seemed great to add a proven guy in reddick for a 3rd for a 1 year window. Which lines up with when we have to pay other guys. Which we need to pay more.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nope.  In the end, when push comes to shove, Reddick either does a Lev Bell career ender or shows up.  It is his decision to make, not the Jets.

He has zero leverage here.  Sure it would be better to have him than not, but he has no way of forcing a new deal if the Jets don't want it.  I guess Reddick never should have accepted the earlier contract which is now what he wants to change.  His agents got him into this position to begin with.  CAA sees this as an opportunity to fix their past mistakes at the expense of the Jets?  Not going to happen.  Nor should it.  

Show up or become Lev Bell. Don't like it?  Then blame you dumb CAA agents.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

According to Cimini’s latest, they supposedly offered him an extension at the time of the trade, which Reddick rejected, and Reddick’s camp believed there’d be further discussion about a deal, but Douglas has put his foot in the ground(?) Sticking point seems to be Danielle Hunter getting 2/$49mm from the Texans for the same production. 

IMG_5517.jpeg

The Jets have all leverage in negotiations. If I'm a gambling man, it was no where near Hunter's 2 year $49m deal because we have him by the balls for an unguaranteed $15m this year. $2 years $40m with $20m guaranteed would be an educated guess on my part.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yes of course. Because Saleh and Douglas have no choice but to win this season and the team was better with Huff on it than off of it. The franchise salary is meaningless when you have no choice but to win. What they wouldn’t have been able to sign Kinlaw? 

Pretty sure team would have been Markedly better with Reddick and McDonald than Huff. So let’s slay Douglas for handling the situation brutally wrong, but it does reinforce the lame duck desperation you speak of. Just has very little to do with paying Huff 24 million a year  to only rush on 3rd down, 

Unless I completely missed it I thought the jets said they will discuss the contract as long as he shows to camp etc.

now I get him protecting against the injury risk but is a compromise he shows, does the whole im here but not participating and they discuss a contract?

if they can’t agree not sure if he just leaves at that point but is still under control if the jets even into next year

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was passed a pretty spicy tidbit that Douglas (and Saleh) fully intended to re-do Reddick’s deal, but Woody put the kibosh on it because he doesn’t want any more dead money on his hands moving forward. Says a lot about what he thinks of Douglas’ future prospects as a Jets employee.

Man, if that is the case then Woody needs to locked away and throw away the key at this point what an insufferable tool he is.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Unless I completely missed it I thought the jets said they will discuss the contract as long as he shows to camp etc.

now I get him protecting against the injury risk but is a compromise he shows, does the whole im here but not participating and they discuss a contract?

if they can’t agree not sure if he just leaves at that point but is still under control if the jets even into next year

My guess is they aren’t going to give him a raise. Maybe just make the contract more guaranteed. Where if he gets injured. We don’t just cut him

49 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That was with Huff.  Huff is gone and he was brought in to replace that production.  

I just find it silly that people here think the Jets don't care that he's holding out and really don't think they need him anyway.

It's absurd.

With Huff getting a lot of snaps that previously went to Carl Lawson, and further despite Quincy Williams taking such a major step forward himself in 2023, the Jets still dropped from the #4 defense to #12.

Swapping Huff with Reddick should've been a visible upgrade on balance; not merely a reluctant, tail-between-their-legs replacement. 

No one says the Jets don't care. Just that the whole defense doesn't collapse without him.

Hey, Lawson is still available and cheap! ;) 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

With Huff getting a lot of snaps that previously went to Carl Lawson, and further despite Quincy Williams taking such a major step forward himself in 2023, the Jets still dropped from the #4 defense to #12.

Swapping Huff with Reddick should've been a visible upgrade on balance; not merely a reluctant, tail-between-their-legs replacement. 

No one says the Jets don't care. Just that the whole defense doesn't collapse without him.

Hey, Lawson is still available and cheap! ;) 

I agree they believe Reddick is an upgrade to Huff (even if a slight one)

But again, that is more to the point that he does, in fact, have leverage.   JD didn't sign him as a "luxury" - they signed him to be an important piece of the defense.  It surely won't collapse without him - not sure you can say that about anyone other than Sauce  (and even then collapse is unlikely) -  but it would be substantively downgraded.

Joe needs to win and Reddick is an impact level player - that is his leverage.

What does Reddick want, specifically?

A Danielle Hunter 2 year - 48 million deal?

A 4-5 year deal?

Does anyone know? 

Has he and his agent made that public, has anyone reported it?

This is not a good look for the Jets, but Reddick's team panicking and using their last move this early in the preseason reeks of desperation. The Jets are dug in like an Alabama tick.

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I think they were pumped about what they could get done with the unit they thought they were going to have this year and where they could go with it.

I get what you’re saying Nut, but be honest here. In a couple weeks when they’re out in San Fran, let’s say there’s 4 minutes left in the 4th and we’re up 3. The 49ers get the ball on their 40. Who do you think Sauce, QW and Mosely want in the huddle with them, McD or Reddick?
I think you know the answer, and that’s what I mean when I’m talking here about the players.

I’m sure they’d like DRevis or A Donald on the team too but I’d bet no one would be thinking about that in those 4 minutes.  That’s not what they should be thinking about.