Week 1: Jets @ 49ers

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Thank god, it's about time we have some real, actual regular season football results to discuss, rather than the endless hot air that has been this offseason on JN.

Finally, we will see how this "best roster in the NFL" actually plays in a game that counts.  If they're ready.  If they can compete toe to toe with a Super Bowl contender in San Fran.

Can.  Not.  Wait.  Bring on the game!

If we're close to what fans here say, we should be able to give them a real hard tough close game with or without Trent.

Or Reddick, for that matter.

two more weeks of hot air my friend. LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Man am I glad to see this thread. It’s been a long time since I was this fired up for a season. Let’s go!

Week 1 is as tough as it gets this year on the road against probably the best team in the league. I think this is a coin flip game, especially with SF potentially having some really key missing pieces. I could see it going either way but I expect to lose against SF and then rattle off a few wins after that

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

two more weeks of hot air my friend. LOL

Naaa, final roster cut-down is a real thing, and will finally end all the silliness and hype about the usual fan-favorite fringe guys.  That'll help.

We start huge vs. the 49'ers in San Fran.  Time to start winning games!

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Man am I glad to see this thread. It’s been a long time since I was this fired up for a season. Let’s go!

Week 1 is as tough as it gets this year on the road against probably the best team in the league. I think this is a coin flip game, especially with SF potentially having some really key missing pieces. I could see it going either way but I expect to lose against SF and then rattle off a few wins after that

Give it 4 plays.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I f'n hate that we have to wait till Monday night again. 

Kills me first week of the season having to go through all the Sunday games and then all of Monday.

Give It To Me Want GIF

Personally- I absolutely HATE night games any week, and would be fine if the Jets NEVER played one ever again. That said- I agree even more with what you said two years in a row opening at night is back to back years of being cheated out of opening day.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It’s been a long time since I was this fired up for a season. Let’s go!

Last year was the first time I was fired up for a season in 5 years. 4 plays in, it all turned to sh*t.

Right now I'm probably close to 95% fired up, but not as much outwardly so.

I don't think we've ever come as close to being a real SB contender in my 38 years as we are at this moment - provided the main guys can stay healthy. If ever there was a season where we could bank wins just based on who's actually on the field, it's this one. We need to stay healthy.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Gibby said:

Personally- I absolutely HATE night games any week, and would be fine if the Jets NEVER played one ever again. That said- I agree even more with what you said two years in a row opening at night is back to back years of being cheated out of opening day.

I never mind Saturday games.  But other than that, I'm with you on this.

13 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Last year was the first time I was fired up for a season in 5 years. 4 plays in, it all turned to sh*t.

Right now I'm probably close to 95% fired up, but not as much outwardly so.

I don't think we've ever come as close to being a real SB contender in my 38 years as we are at this moment - provided the main guys can stay healthy. If ever there was a season where we could bank wins just based on who's actually on the field, it's this one. We need to stay healthy.

Man... I'll never forget what the stadium sounded like after play 4. We all knew what was coming next. UGH

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm not overly optimistic about Week 1. MNF on the road against the NFC Champs is a very tough draw. I'm guessing we lose and there's a massive overreaction -- and then we stack wins over the ensuing 4-5 weeks, kind of like 2010.

My prediction, as well 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not as sold on Brock Purdy as many others are.  If you put him on the Jets last year, I think he'd have struggled mightily.  It'll be interesting to see how Purdy plays if Trent Williams isn't in there, 

Who’s better? Purdy or Mike White? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not as sold on Brock Purdy as many others are.  If you put him on the Jets last year, I think he'd have struggled mightily.  It'll be interesting to see how Purdy plays if Trent Williams isn't in there, 

When you look up the phrase “system QB” there’s a picture of Brock Purdy. Put some pressure on this guy and I guarantee he starts coming off the rails. How deep our rotation is and who we’re sending off the EGDE from a snap count perspective will definitely be interesting to see!

• Upvote 1