National Enquirer -no wait!- Bleacher Report: "Jets in Dissaray"

Cool story. :roll:

We'll all get to see the Jets for ourselves, how ready they are, if they are in so-called "disarray" or not, for ourselves a week from Monday.

As I always say, the media is not our friend.  They are (mostly) here for clicks, not for real informative enlightenment.

On the one hand, the jets are always in disarray.  That’s why they haven’t made the playoffs in almost 15 years.

on the other hand, it’s amazing to me that a team that’s been historically bad is nevertheless still trolled so hard by the media, as they root for the jets to implode.  I can’t think of another franchise where the collective media and sports fans want a team to fail that has sucked so bad.  Usually, people root for successful teams to fail. 

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cool story. :roll:

We'll all get to see the Jets for ourselves, how ready they are, if they are in so-called "disarray" or not, for ourselves a week from Monday.

Speaking to Ben Standig of The Athletic, the agent said: "There is complete disarray over there. Look at how they've handled Aaron Rodgers. Has one player had more power than him? He skipped minicamp. They have been unable to convert him into a team player. The vibe inside the building is terrible."

I'm not sure you are going to be able to prove or disprove this statement, no matter what happens in the opening game. 

• Post of the Week 1

Good for a chuckle.

I bet JD is feeling that extra pressure now.

Better get that 3-year $100M extension offer with a $99M signing bonus ready now before the price goes up again.

Offer Reddick a captain's arm band as a sweetener.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Egypt thing was a while ago who cares. It was definitely flubbed by the Jets but the thing to worry about with Rodgers is his health not his presence.

Well that is a complete 180 from your previous stance 😅

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Not if you have green pubes. 

Greener pastures.... Pastures as in munching on presumably.  It isn't his own pubes that they are referring to it must be someone else's that are greener.

Pedophile?  

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

On the one hand, the jets are always in disarray.  That’s why they haven’t made the playoffs in almost 15 years.

on the other hand, it’s amazing to me that a team that’s been historically bad is nevertheless still trolled so hard by the media, as they root for the jets to implode.  I can’t think of another franchise where the collective media and sports fans want a team to fail that has sucked so bad.  Usually, people root for successful teams to fail. 

Just for reference, the Bills went 17 years without making the playoffs. Now look at them.

20240829_105134.jpg

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, usanyj said:

A report from an anonymous agent reads:

NFL Agent Says Aaron Rodgers Isn't a Team Player: Jets Are in 'Complete Disarray'

Mike ChiariX.com LogoAugust 29, 2024

EAST RUTHERFORD, NEW JERSEY - NOVEMBER 06:  Aaron Rodgers #8 of the New York Jets looks on before the game against the Los Angeles Chargers at MetLife Stadium on November 06, 2023 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
Elsa/Getty Images

An anonymous NFL agent expressed their belief Thursday that the New York Jets are in a state of turmoil due to quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Speaking to Ben Standig of The Athletic, the agent said: "There is complete disarray over there. Look at how they've handled Aaron Rodgers. Has one player had more power than him? He skipped minicamp. They have been unable to convert him into a team player. The vibe inside the building is terrible."

New York acquired Rodgers, 40, in a blockbuster trade with the Green Bay Packers prior to the 2023 season, but he suffered a season-ending torn Achilles on the Jets' first offensive series of the campaign.

Now the Jets are banking on the idea that Rodgers will be able to bounce back and play at a high level in 2024 despite his age and the significance of the injury he is returning from.

Rumors of Rodgers running the roost in New York began before he was even officially traded to the organization.

In March 2023, The Athletic's Dianna Russini (h/t ESPN's Rich Cimini) reported that Rodgers had given the Jets a "wish list" of players he wanted them to acquire, including wide receivers Odell Beckham Jr., Allen Lazard and Randall Cobb, and tight end Marcedes Lewis.

00:06

00:37

Rodgers denied it ever happened, calling it "ridiculous," but the Jets did end up signing both Lazard and Cobb.

After missing essentially the entire 2023 season, it was widely expected that Rodgers would have a significant presence within the Jets' offseason program, but he controversially missed the team's mandatory minicamp on June 11 and 12.

Per Fox Sports, Rodgers admitted that his absence was due to a trip to Egypt, which he planned based on the previous year's minicamp schedule.

Rodgers admitted he was fined due to the unexcused absence, but he downplayed the importance of missing the minicamp dates during an appearance on Barstool's Pardon My Take podcast (h/t Cimini), saying:

"They can arbitrarily put a tag on whatever week of OTAs they want and say, 'This is the minicamp week,' which makes it somehow more mandatory than the other weeks. But it was an OTA schedule. That's how words can be a little deceiving from time to time. They can make a story out of the fact that I missed minicamp, but it was really two OTA days, but [I] came to the first 10."

Regardless of whether Rodgers missed much of substance by not attending mandatory minicamp, the optics weren't good considering how heavily the Jets are relying on him to turn things around.

New York has the longest active playoff drought in the NFL at 13 seasons, and with Rodgers out last season, the Jets went 7-10 behind mediocre quarterback play from Zach Wilson, Tim Boyle and Trevor Siemian.

The Jets improved their backup quarterback situation for 2024 by signing veteran Tyrod Taylor, but if Rodgers isn't healthy and productive this season, it could mean a 14th consecutive year without the postseason for Gang Green.

Remember "Welcome Back Kotter"? The note above was signed "Zach's Mother"

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

be sure to troll this guy hard if the Jets smoke them this year.

I’m obviously joking here, but going off what I was told in a Reddick thread, now that “It’s been reported” it has to be true, right? 😉

• Thumb Down 2

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The year we got pretty unlucky was 2015. We really should have been a wildcard team that year. But, even if we had made it in 2015, that would STILL be 9 years and counting and would STILL be tied for the longest playoff drought in the entire league with Denver (who won the SB in 2015). Yikes. 

I do agree with your point about the media though. Most losing franchises are "lovable losers," but we've always seemed to be hated. I think being a New York team with a huge fanbase is a factor there. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Well that is a complete 180 from your previous stance 😅

In terms of the Jets, Rodgers is probably the most stable thing they have going for them. He’s an easy target  though. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

In terms of the Jets, Rodgers is probably the most stable thing they have going for them. He’s an easy target  though. 

You had him written off as RFK Jr.'s running mate 😅 Please! 

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

This is the biggest pussiest thing I’ve seen in my life. Just pure bullsh*t. 

38 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

This is what we call in the wild a CUCK.

If we make fun of the source we don't have to address the content of the story, most of which is common knowledge 

for years people have been bashing Jets reporters blaming the reporters for wanting clicks and being part of some anti Jets conspiracy 

meanwhile they are the worst team in Major sport  no playoffs for the last 13 plus years 

even this Joe D/Saleh Regime which gets so much praise hasn't even had a winning season and we're in year 5/6

lets be real the Jets aren't well run, the organization is somewhat a joke, Aaron Rodgers is WASHED the Vegas over under is 9.5 wins and everyone's expecting a Super Bowl.

does that just about cover it?

oh wait please delve into my character and resume so they can prove I'm an a$$hole 

same thing people did when I said Zach Wilson sucked before he got drafted

you can bash the source that doesn't change basic facts 

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1