***OFFICIAL REAL NFL OPENING DAY GAMES THREAD***

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Baker is a ******* Gamer. His teammates love him and he's just a grinder. I'd have taken him on the Jets a couple if years ago in a heartbeat. 

They actually didn’t seem to like him in Cleveland but it’s more and more looking like that was OBJ being a toxic bitch.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

They actually didn’t seem to like him in Cleveland but it’s more and more looking like that was OBJ being a toxic bitch.

They wanted to kill Baker because he said some sh*t publicly about Duke Johnson holding out. Stefanski didn’t like him because Stefanski didn’t think he was committed to the program

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Only caught the last ten minutes of the Cowboys game but was Tom Brady that terrible the whole way through? 

Well he did give us some insight into CBs. Tall cornerbacks are long. Not sure where he was going with the long part.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

And this just in... Daniel Jones is really bad. Really,  really bad. 

Based on today, the Browns and Giants have arguably the 2 most overpaid and underperforming QBs in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

There were 3 rookie QB starters today, Williams on Bears, Daniels on Wash and Nix with Denver. 2 of the 3 lost, the Bears beat Tenn prob more due to poor play of Titans QB than Williams who only threw for 93 yards the other two over 100. I followed the games didn't watch them but the offenses mostly ineffective some of the numbers went up later in games with soft defenses giving up yards. Nix also had two picks and was sacked 2 times. 

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

ND QB SUCKS. Will be along season for the Irish.  Why is it ND cant ever sign a top blue chip QB prospect.? Are all the blue chip QB's morons and have low IQ's? and would never have passing grades at ND? They practically stacked EVRYWHERE else every year: DL, OL, RB. LB, WR, DB but QB's? No no no no no no no no no no

Could be that the curriculum is as hard as Vanderbilt and Duke.  Need to dumb it down like Alabama and  Texas.  Colleges are only in it for the money anyway. 
Took forever to get Alumni organizations from calling me for more money.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

This is one of the dumbest things said on this site... 

Breece has the makings of Adrian Peterson type... Hof type breakaway speed and you think white is just as good? 

Even though I agreed, I had to neg rep you, if only because I see you do it all the time to everyone else.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

As expected the play is pretty terrible league wide (outside the exceptions on thursday night).  There just isnt enough continuity in the league for teams to play well this early in the season.

The playcalling is ridiculously conservative.  Its all 1 or 2 read dink and dunks.  The few deep shots taken down the field are usually covered (cb play is really good league wide).   I just dont think the qb play is particularly high outside of the top 5 or 6 guys.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mike LaFleur spinning his magic

Ah, so when the Rams O does well, it’s all because of McVay and MLF is just there to be the coffee boy.  But when it doesn’t it’s on MLF.  Fun!

Speaking of inconsistent takes of yours…Still waiting for you to give credit to Fields for winning today seeing as QB wins are the only stat that matters.  Then, direct a brief apology to @JiFtheOracle

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Joe W. Namath need your diagnosis on Jameson Williams STAT

Williams hurt again?? I just walked away from the TV for a moment to check tomorrow's workload. 

And the only reason I'm watching this game hobbled off the field a few minutes ago. I needed Nacua to drop 20 for very important FF purposes...

• Upvote 1