****The official Jets VS 49ers Game thread****®️©️™️

BP

Hoping to see a defense that doesn’t get bullied and lives up to its reputation, and an offense that actually appears functional. 

Sloppiness is expected due to no preseason/week 1, but I would be highly disappointed if they look like a sh*t show and get outclassed. I don’t expect them to win but they should be able to make it a game regardless. 

a a ron looking like his old self would be icing on the cake

1 hour ago, Jetsfan_always said:

I recognize the irony, but 55 years of pure frustration was enough.  I never expected to stop being a fan, even had season tickets for a long time, but last season was it for me.

Tell us the secret for jumping ship!!!!   Every time I try, I wake up like Bill Muray.  

200.gif?cid=6c09b952xhnwxxtc6z8zfjx9rtaf

• Haha 4

The fact that the prevailing thought in my head atm is that I hope Rodgers is simply able to play the whole game is indicative of how much my soul has been beaten into submission down by this team, their failures, and terrible luck over the years!

That being said, I'm looking forward to this game and hopefully what is the start of a very competitive season!

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are we playing our starters tonight, btw?  Or is it going to be Adrian Martinez and Andrew Peasley again?

I think we should sit our regulars out for at least one more week, just so we'll be healthy later in the season.

Is there an award for forum funny guy? Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Win or lose, the overreaction on here will be icing on the icing.

Probably, but again, it's Week 1.  

Same answer as yesterday, lol.

With that said, lets hope it's a mega-tsunami over over-enthusiastic hype because we won!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

As a former fan, I will root for the NYJ when they are not playing my new team, the 49ers (was a huge Montana and Steve Young fan back in the day).

After 55 years I just could not take the soap opera drama that is the Jets.  It just seemed that they were more interested in drama and nonsense than winning football games, and the signing of AR the last straw - I knew he would be injured in the first game or two (Testaverde, anyone?).  

Yesterday was an interesting set of games, as you had so many former NYJ QBs either playing or inactive but on rosters; Darnold (who looked ok), Gino (who also looked ok), Wilson was inactive, etc.  Its clear that despite having high level picks in the drafts for years, but without a standup QB for decades, the NYJ franchise is just incapable of developing a QB.  

I hope the team does well, I really do, and hope everyone here finds enjoyment from watching/following the team in ways I just couldn't anymore. Go NYJ (just not tonight).

i think some other posters here should do what you have done.  Kudos.

Lots of guys complain about GM, Coach, Owner all day long.   Just pick another team at that point.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Win or lose, the overreaction on here will be icing on the icing.

don't think so on the losing part - unless we lose by more than 10 points.

we aren't really suppose to win this game.  the niners are loaded and a real SB contender again.

now if we win by 10 points - i guess the overreaction will be positive.   so in that sense you are correct.

NGL and say the thought didn't cross my mind of the Jets doing the historic Jets type of things and laying a big turd in prime time, with the rest of the division winning their games. But not this fkn time dammit. Cmon ARod, save us! (And get Breece 25 touches) 
Offense may look shaky early in these games... expect the Defense to be lights out, no excuses. Finally here... Cant fkn wait
Feel like I've been waiting my whole life for this team. At the very least since 1999 when Vinny went down. And I just turned 69. I've already experienced the entire gamut of heartbreaking losses but I don't know how bad it'll hurt if this team goes down the drain.

Sent from my TFY-LX3 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

31-10 jets.... offense will be good, the story tomorrow will be the unsolicited sodomy delivered by our D

I believe something like this too... They ran a hard training camp and everyone was there... I think they are ready to prove a point of how good they are.. 

• Upvote 2