****The official Jets VS 49ers Game thread****®️©️™️

BP

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Garrett Wilson with a sloppy game. Yeah it was over by the last two points below, but

• waiting for the ball to hit his chest on the tipped pass that got picked (at first glance seemed that way; I'd have to go back and watch, which I won't do because this game was too ugly lol) 
  • not dragging his foot for an easy first down
  • staying in bounds with 1.5 min left to pick up an extra 1 yard
  • running out of bounds then running back in to catch the ball

Looked like Rodgers froze him out, too

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

I’d say the Jets are definitely not as bad as they looked tonight. But the coaching staff is flat out bad. Saleh has demonstrated that for three years, and Hackett … we all saw what he is last season. Why did anyone think that would change with Rodgers at QB? The idea of this team vying for a Super Bowl is ridiculous. 

they have this season to grow, the good news is this week was penciled in as an L to begin with.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Try not to let it happen again, alright?

I’m glad I didn’t burn a nights sleep for that, though. Will watch the 40 minute replay later today on Sunday ticket or whatever it’s called now 

Just now, T0mShane said:

So to be serious here for a second, it’s the first game and you don’t want to read too much into it, BUT

That was an all-around ass-kicking for which there is no excuse. The Niners played without McCaffrey and with Aiyuk clearly not ready and they got easily handled from tip to tails. They’ve got six days to get ready for the Titans—who suck—but a loss there and you can start the clock on Saleh and Rodgers. 

The defense and d scheme is so vastly overrated.

People kept saying our D was elite and it has never been close to elite even with the bad QB play our D has come up so small over the last three years when it actually counts.

The dline was a disgrace, Quinnen made his obligatory one big play then was invisible the rest of the night.

Some 4th string psquad guy ran all over us.

The zone defense had massive gaps

The jets strength?  Their CBS, so you use that and actually blitz, but no we have to go with the 3 year vanilla scheme we always use that smart O coaches roast.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

The way this staff and organization treats training camp is an embarrassment. What an ass kicking. Blocking and tackling were deplorable.

yeah, a subtle jab when they showed the rookie who got shot and talked about how he knows how to practice like a 49er.

• Haha 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

The defense and d scheme is so vastly overrated.

People kept saying our D was elite and it has never been close to elite even with the bad QB play our D has come up so small over the last three years when it actually counts.

The dline was a disgrace, Quinnen made his obligatory one big play then was invisible the rest of the night.

Some 4th string psquad guy ran all over us.

The zone defense had massive gaps

The jets strength?  Their CBS, so you use that and actually blitz, but no we have to go with the 3 year vanilla scheme we always use that smart O coaches roast.

I've been told the talent on the D doesn't matter.

It's a system Defense.  Losing our two best edge players won't matter.   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Don't get me wrong, Saleh should go, but their careers absolutely have to handcuffed together at this point.  When one goes, they both do.

Letting JD hire another coach would be the dumbest thing since, well... letting Maccagnan hire another coach.

Maccagnan hiring Gase only to be fired by Gase was gangsta 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The penalties, mental errors, coming out not ready to play in a primetime game are all telltale signs that your head coach freaking sucks 

Coaching is an issue.  But talent matters.

You need a good QB and you need to put pressure on QB's.   Right now the Jets don't have the ability to do either.

• Upvote 1