Titans are a trash team

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

And Cincy lost this week to the Patsies ... a stinker for sure, but not a sign that their season is on the rocks.

My guess is, we show up in a big way against Tenn, win the game, play well, and the overreaction-meter goes from "Fire everyone" to "Super Bowl" once again. :D 

Bengals got their own issues.  I wouldn’t be super shocked if Burrow retired in next couple years early like Andrew Luck

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This titans game is going to come down to a last second fg.  The only question is who is making that fg.

This is going to be a rock fight and a battle to the end.

Anyone thinking the Jets are going to go into Tenn and blow them out is delusional.

I thought jets were going 13-4 regardless of what happend last night? Now we are in a must win game and titans are are tough out. 

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

I thought jets were going 13-4 regardless of what happend last night? Now we are in a must win game and titans are are tough out. 

Yes, you are going to have to win some rock fights on the way to 13 wins.

We should be ready to sqweak out a win here.

But the Defcon 4 thread is in the queue just in case.

41 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, you are going to have to win some rock fights on the way to 13 wins.

We should be ready to sqweak out a win here.

But the Defcon 4 thread is in the queue just in case.

Never mind Defcon 4 ...

image.jpeg.a07dba48aa96b424b156a130e500f1e3.jpeg

I'm not sure calling the next team up "trash" is a smart move for Jets fans. What's the win here?

We lose, we lost to trash.

We win, we beat trash.

It's like chanting "overrated" when your team beats a superior team, you're just denigrating the win.

No, the Titans are the best team in the universe!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pac said:

Prepare for a get right game.  They needed a reminder that they haven't done anything yet which I'd much rather have happen now then December. 

My expectations for the season have not changed. 

Bingo, nothing has changed, we all know the SF game would be tough. For Rodgers it was a confidence setter, and he flashed. The D laid an egg but several drives were extended due to self-imposed errors, all correctable.

The first game is always a toss up, the starters hadn't played a game yet, that's out of the way.

The season starts on Sunday!

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This will be a 3 point game.  It will be a rock fight.  Get ready for 4 quarters of total stress.

Will we win this game?  Are we man enough to win this game.

I change my mind based on this. Jets by 78 points.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

The next game will show us what this team is actually made of and if today was an "over reaction"
The Titans are a trash team-the Bears D beat up their offense like they stole something and managed to win even with their rookie QB looking every bit like a rookie making his first start. 
The niners game we all knew would be a hard game although most did not think it would be a total beat down like it was.
The Titans are a team the Jets should easily beat if any of the hype of our talent is actually true. The time for excuses is over. The time for results is now-wins matter- "hello you play to win the games"
If this game gets out of hand and we lose-it will be panic time.  

I disagree ... Unless the Jets lose... In which case it's a confirmation the team is bad.

If they win it just says they are better than the one of the worst teams in football.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jgb said:

So every game is a tie first 4 weeks?

Someone is winning those games and using the off season to get their stuff together. 

You show me a team in January playing the same guys as in September, or where a 4-0 or 0-4 matters if you figure out the right players after week 4 and get 13 weeks of good as opposed to a 4 week head start to sh*t the bed for the remaining 13.

Just now, Origen said:

You show me a team in January playing the same guys as in September, or where a 4-0 or 0-4 matters if you figure out the right players after week 4 and get 13 weeks of good as opposed to a 4 week head start to sh*t the bed for the remaining 13.

I don’t even understand the assignment but it sounds really complicated. 

• Haha 1

This game will show what type of guys we really have.

They I'm sure had confidence as high as can be 3 days ago.

Now they got humbled, how they respond will be HUGE.

This is where having vets helps. Rodgers getting the guys to pay attention to the small things.

Smith and Moses getting the OL working as a unit.

Another week of the WRs getting on the same page as AR (especially Williams).

On D they should be pissed. If they don't come out this game with something to prove IMO we need to be worried. They were looked at as a top 3 D and just got worked. There egos should be shot with now something to prove. So prove it. You're in 2024... and right now we're one of the worst defenses until you prove otherwise.

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

I don’t even understand the assignment but it sounds really complicated. 

First 4 weeks don't matter, honestly.  Oh they can "matter", but there is so much time to make up in the season that 4-0 or 0-4 means nothing.  There is a reason the waiver wire runs till week 4, nobody's roster is set in stone.  Chill.

Just now, Origen said:

First 4 weeks don't matter, honestly.  Oh they can "matter", but there is so much time to make up in the season that 4-0 or 0-4 means nothing.  There is a reason the waiver wire runs till week 4, nobody's roster is set in stone.  Chill.

I’m ice cold, baby.

1 hour ago, Origen said:

It does though.

One thing Patriot Nation heard a lot during the previous week for a sign of hope was the Bengals notoriously slow starts.  Now, a staggering 1-8 in the first two weeks of the Burrow era.  This week they are in KC.  

Last year, the Bengals would have made the playoffs if they won one of the first two games.  That is despite missing Burrow for the last part of the season.

2022, again another 0-2 start, had the Bengals travelling to KC for the AFC Championship.  Again, if they won one of the first two, they are tied with KC and own the tiebreaker.  AFC Championship in the Jungle.

If the Bengals slog their way through another season and are on the outside of the playoffs again based on tiebreakers.  Do you think they will look back to Week 1 and think how we allowed a four-win team to beat us at home?

I understand your sentiment as far as team building.  This is a byproduct of the NFL we now enjoy where starters largely sit the through the preseason.    

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Titans looked really good in the first half on Sunday.  I expect a battle. Hopefully we can stop their power run game. 

That WILL be the key to the game. We've GOT to improve the run D over the effort on Monday nite. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I will not.  The "People" chose me.  It would not be fair to them.

The regular captain is a joke.  You can walk away from that at any time.  

Actually @T0mShane and he alone. He's also on the hot seat this year and without a giant turnaround he will be picking pickle ball MVP's at the old folks home down the street.