Complete this sentence: "If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, ......................"

That’s a loaded stat because most teams that start 0-2 are terrible in the first place. IOW a team starts 0-2 if they’re terrible; they’re not necessarily terrible because they started 0-2. 
Sick people run a fever. People don’t get a fever and that’s what makes them sick.
It’s a 17-game season. If they don’t make the playoffs it won’t be because they lost both instead of just one of the first two games. It’ll be because they suck.
I get that ... But if most teams that are 0-2 are terrible and the Jets go 0-2 ... There is a good likely hood the Jets are terrible.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

The bold is what is driving me crazy as we speak. I've  been on the JD bandwagon despite some major missteps but this here might be the straw....etc.  

I must agree with you. JFM and Al Woods were solid in stopping the run.  JD must think that all you have to do is put any 300 pound guy on the D line, and automatically the run is stopped.

• Upvote 1

On 9/12/2024 at 6:31 AM, Alka said:

For me, "If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, then Woody Johnson should think about firing Robert Saleh, and making our Defensive Coordinator the interim head coach."

Yes, 0-1 is nothing to get bent out of shape, but this is a "win now" team, and there must be a sense of urgency, before the season gets out of control.

Why not Hackett??? Haha if ulbrick became HC the first thing he do is fire Hackett 

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2024 at 10:11 AM, Alka said:

Ulbrich had a top 5 defense last year.  Do you blame Ulrich for letting Huff walk, letting JFM walk, and getting rid of Al Woods?

No, you have to go where the buck stops.  It stops with JD and with Robert Saleh.  They are in charge.  I will take my chances and put Ulbrich in charge, and see what he can do this year.  If the season continues to fall down, then he's gone after the season.

JFM didn't walk.  He was traded.  Do you really miss Al Woods that much?  He is still a free agent.  I'm not sure if he is working out.  I'm not sure they "got rid of him"  He tore his achilles around Halloween.  All the Aaron Rodgers stories last year aside, it's not exactly a 4 week recovery.  Particularly for a guy who is the 2nd oldest defensive player in the league behind Calais Campbell. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He can’t possibly be fired before Bobby Slogans.

That would be a wrong of epic proportions.

As of now they both leave at the end of the year but more than likely Saleh gets axed before  Douglas so Woody can call or proactive. Then Douglas leaves end of the year so Woody can show Jet Fans he’s committed to winning. Haha, I feel like I’ve seen this movie before! 

9 hours ago, jgb said:

Amazing how the ones who hung onto the Zach Wilson dream the longest — you and @Dunnie — are now ready to fire everyone after 2 games. It almost feels like…. an emotional over correction. 

Oh, this is almost certainly true.  But to be clear I'm not nearly as down on Saleh as I am on Douglas.  

The Douglas hype in these parts has been bigger and more over blown than my support for Wilson. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Oh, this is almost certainly true.  But to be clear I'm not nearly as down on Saleh as I am on Douglas.  
The Douglas hype in these parts has been bigger and more over blown than my support for Wilson. 
I think because Douglas was able to stifle the leaks, establish a level of professional conduct, and had a massively successful draft a couple years ago has led me to be more down on Saleh ... I think both have underperformed.

Saleh just seems like he isn't very creative ... The simplistic schemes he runs and reliance on third party slogans only goes so far. The real thinkers are the guys that designed those slogans naturally...

I honestly don't want to go through yet another rebuild ... We are getting too old for that sh*t.

Let's hope for a deep playoff run and extensions all around.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

Is this normal? How unique is this? 

Your being constantly, endlessly fake-mad at your fellow fans is extremely common.

As @jgb says, there are only two types of fans:  Those who levy criticism, disappointment or anger against the Jets when the Jets fail, and those who levy their criticism, disappointment and anger against Jets FANS when the Jets fail.

Pretty clear which of those two groups you belong in Larz.

#fakemadbecauseJetsfansRbad!

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Your being constantly, endlessly fake-mad at your fellow fans is extremely common.

As @jgb says, there are only two types of fans:  Those who levy criticism, disappointment or anger against the Jets when the Jets fail, and those who levy their criticism, disappointment and anger against Jets FANS when the Jets fail.

Pretty clear which of those two groups you belong in Larz.

#fakemadbecauseJetsfansRbad!

I think we independently came to the same conclusion like Newton and Leibniz

7B43A1C4-C871-4A74-BE36-60E73BE98E06.gif.6354a7920985c10fcc1e5bfdd24bdd58.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Brother, I don’t care when you got in the boat, you’re here now. Now grab an oar will ya?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

If the Jets lose to the titans , you forget it , and come out to win the next game against the Patriots.  Have to get that first win.   Still have 15 games to right the ship.    No team ever won a Super Bowl in September. 

Yeah but according to you the raiders win a Super Bowl every summer 

• Haha 2