Will Aaron Rodgers Throw For Over 300 Sunday?

Will Aaron Rodgers Throw For Over 300 Sunday?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Will Aaron Rodgers Throw For Over 300 Sunday?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2024 at 05:05 PM

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m trying to understand why everyone was so excited to get Aaron Rodgers, and now that he’s finally playing everyone is afraid to let him air it out.

I think the idea is to build a lead and then dominate the opponent with the run game. Throwing for 300+ consistently usually implies a bad defense or run game. Obviously the defense and run game sucked Monday so if that continues Aaron with throw for 5k yards 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m trying to understand why everyone was so excited to get Aaron Rodgers, and now that he’s finally playing everyone is afraid to let him air it out.

it is more about having anything approximating a good passer vs. having dennis the menace. they dont need a hof performance by rodgers.  just a good performance.  

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Sounds like his game Monday night.

Honestly not sure why anyone would think it will be any different. I think that by game 3-4 we will see this team gel, till then same old same old. Plus coaches are scared poopless of anything happening to Aaron so they will vanilla bland  salt the living hell out of this offense. Plus Hacket is a dumb dumb. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Pass Pro was 10X better than run blocking against the 49ers... who are pretty, pretty good at rushing the QB. THROW THE BALL. Spam Garrett if he has to and if Williams is listed as active, maybe like, use him. He isn't exactly in the long-term plans, right?

Much like Sergeant Four Leaf Tayback, Lazard has regrown his hands and Conklin, Ruckert, Lil' Gipper, and Milk Carton Corley are all still in the roster, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Rodgers isn't close the MVP player we had hoped he might be.   At this point he's a game manager.  

Yes, he can still throw the ball but the days of counting on him to carry his team is over.  Sure, he'll have a 300 yard game here or there (might even be this week) but it shouldn't ever be expected.

dam it took you 21 plays which included multiple drops, fumbles, out of bounds catch’s, and tipped interceptions to make that call? Got any stock tips?

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No, he will not. He will likely have tons of receptions within 0-9 yards. Maybe a bang play or two to with either Garret or his Boo Sir Drops a lot. He will also have one of those weird interception on a semi tipped ball. 

If he does it’s b/c someone takes a short pass to the house.  But if Tenn completely takes away the run we’ll see if Hackett adjusts.  

I'm not sure, but as I routinely point out on this board, total yardage isn't a great way to gauge things. 

Look at yards per attempt, not total yards. 

Rodgers threw for 8 yards per attempt on Monday night, which is very good. If he continues to do that and we can run the ball with any sort of consistency, the offense will be fine. Total passing yards are dependent on how many times we throw the ball. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I'm a big fan of letting Rodgers air it out and throwing to set up the run rather than forcing the 'predictable' run or when it is ineffective.

But the key to me is keeping the Titans off balance.  I shared a stat the other day that the Jets ran the ball on 2nd down 6 of 7 times in the first half against the 49ers.  This whole philosophy of minimizing 3rd down distances is hurting us by shrinking the field and letting the Defense attack the run on 2nd down and pass on 3rd down.

Let Rodgers throw on early downs and 2x or more in a row.  Don't be afraid.  Then run when they're expecting the pass and vice versa. 

The better question to me is will the Jets score more than 21 points?  The answer is yes and the Jets beat the Titans on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I'm not sure, but as I routinely point out on this board, total yardage isn't a great way to gauge things. 

Look at yards per attempt, not total yards. 

Rodgers threw for 8 yards per attempt on Monday night, which is very good. If he continues to do that and we can run the ball with any sort of consistency, the offense will be fine. Total passing yards are dependent on how many times we throw the ball. 

Take out the 36 yarder on the free play to Lazard and it’s 6.6 ypa, which knocks him down to bottom third of the league on what was a historically bad day for passing yardage totals

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Take out the 36 yarder on the free play to Lazard and it’s 6.6 ypa, which knocks him down to bottom third of the league on what was a historically bad day for passing yardage totals

why are we doing that tough? It's part of his game, he's better than anyone at it. I could see if Zach Wilson somehow mistakenly pulled off a free play and you wanted to remove it from the stat line but it's Aaron Rodgers.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yeah, I don't get taking out that play. Rodgers has done that forever. 

I agree, you cannot compromise the integrity of the data set to create the conclusion you’re looking for. And, even if you wanted to commit such an unpardonable sin against statistics, you’d also have to remove the data point that best supports your position to at least feign intellectual honestly.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

300 is an arbitrary number 

only one QB threw for 300 week 1, avg for day was 185

you can throw for 5k yards and never hit 300

if then run game is as good as we expect 300 yard games will be rare 

btw his last season was played with a broken thumb and Lazard as #1 option 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Andy Dalton has done it three times for three teams because he's making spot starts for awful teams and accumulating lots of garbage time stats.

I'd be surprised if Rodgers passed for 300 yards too many times this year. I feel like Bills/Dolphins games seem like the sort of games I could see it happening though.

Just for fun and out of curiosity I took a look at the team results before and after this streak started.

Rodgers last game he threw for 300 yards they won.

Since the streak started Rodgers has gone 11-12 as a starter (12-12 if you wanna count the achilles games) and missed the playoffs.

His record for the 29 games before the streak started was 23-6.

• Upvote 1