For those that have faith…

WowOhWow

Help me understand why. I’ve been watching this franchise for 50 years and I have zero faith that all of a sudden Salah is going to start coaching great.  I sat thru Kotite (season tix) and even then didn’t feel this demoralized.  For those that believe he is the leader to end the playoff drought - why? I need some help here

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

Not every team we face will be as talented AND as well coached as SF. That is why I believe we will still make the playoffs.

In the playoffs however - those will primarily be the talented AND well coached teams that we meet. I guess we'll see how it goes ... not going to worry about that yet, there's a game on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Help me understand why. I’ve been watching this franchise for 50 years and I have zero faith that all of a sudden Salah is going to start coaching great.  I sat thru Kotite (season tix) and even then didn’t feel this demoralized.  For those that believe he is the leader to end the playoff drought - why? I need some help here

Even if it doesn't happen this year, don't lose faith.  The savior is only a few short years away from arriving!

ArchManning.jpg.fa4a15cd389339ba2f523b5ef5321753.jpg

• Haha 1

Come on. These are 20-something year old young men who worked their whole life to get where they are. Don’t do them like that.
They also might want to check the Jets record vs. Skylar Thompson before celebrating someone getting injured.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Even if it doesn't happen this year, don't lose faith.  The savior is only a few short years away from arriving!
http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2024_09/ArchManning.jpg.fa4a15cd389339ba2f523b5ef5321753.jpg
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that the saviour is coming ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can't celebrate the division getting easier because of an injury, especially when it's something as serious as a concussion.  And I'm certainly not rooting for Josh Allen to get hurt.  

But you're not celebrating the injury, you didn't cause the injury or even root for the injury.  I will celebrate the pathe getting easier all day long.  

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, green&white said:

But you're not celebrating the injury, you didn't cause the injury or even root for the injury.  I will celebrate the pathe getting easier all day long.  

He was responding to someone openly hoping for Allen to go down next.

• Upvote 3

I dont know if faith or belief is the right way to describe why I'm optimistic still about the season.  I reserve those terms for blind hope.  It's a fact the Jets have a talented roster and I think talent overcomes coaching 90% of the time.  Bad coaches make the playoffs, hell, Sean Payton has a ring and he's terrible coach and a POS of a human.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I dont know if faith or belief is the right way to describe why I'm optimistic still about the season.  I reserve those terms for blind hope.  It's a fact the Jets have a talented roster and I think talent overcomes coaching 90% of the time.  Bad coaches make the playoffs, hell, Sean Payton has a ring and he's terrible coach and a POS of a human.

I don’t get the Sean Payton comment 

Preseason: Only thing worse than NOT playing your QB1 in preseason, and he starts the season rusty, is PLAYING your QB1 in preseason, and he starts the season on IR.

Mahomes played. Purdy played. Most top QBs played at least some in preseason. Why not AR?

First....those cats are all in their 20's. Young and in their prime. If any of them were 40, they would not have played in the PS.

Jets revamped Oline: Our line was re-build to protect AR. It was NOT rebuilt to run the ball. Tyron Smith is near the top in pass blocking. Moses too. BUT, neither are near the top in RUN blocking. In fact, Tyron is known for NOT being a great run blocker.

Remember when Saleh first got here with his 'One Cut and GOOOO Zone Blocking'? Guards and Tackles were drafted for their speed and nimble feet, pulling, getting across the backfield, and blocking a DE? Well, that's not our Oline at the moment. Any edge we were trying to get in the zone-run-blocking has been sold out for better pass blocking. Breece Hall...a great one-cut-and-go runner, will struggle with our pass-block-first Oline.

If we struggle to establish a SOLID run game, this will become a long, long season. Our entire offense is predicated on running the ball (see our last 2 draft picks).