Aaron Rodgers - 2nd half brilliance

Jdeet

35 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Lol, we have been asking for solid, slightly above average qb play for years. Now we have it and we still aren’t happy? Come on guys, he’s a 40 year old game manager that can make some plays when we need it, much like we saw today. We aren’t getting a 4500-5k passer. The offense will be above average, the real issue here is the defense. It needs to be dominant or this team isn’t doing anything. That is where we should be concerned.

I think the most surprising/unfortunate thing is that the team around Rodgers is performing much worse than they previously had, and much much worse than what most expected.

It would be fine for Rodgers to play this way if our defense was playing at the same level as the last 2 years.  But if your team has an average defense that struggles to get off the field & take the ball away, the QB will need to do more.

Hopefully both Rodgers and the defense improve as the weeks go by.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Aaron Rodgers has been extremely underwhelming and can barely get the team out of the huddle at this point.

He has 0 ability to throw the ball down the field.

If this is the aaron rodgers we got, this team is going nowhere.

He needs to play much, much better than what we have seen 2 weeks in.

Let's see....he hasn't played NFL games in like 2 years, and you're upset that he isn't playing at pro bowl level yet, and you're upset?  

give him some time here....you don't see what he is capable of so far?

Jeez.  Everyone is having difficulty scoring points so far....Offense is not a  early season staple apparently.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

The Jets won on a game. Its literally game 2 off an achilles from Rodgers. Let the dude get acclimated to the guys around him. Sheesh. Game 3 on Thursday 👏

No, no. He must throw for 300 yards and 4 TD's after 20 months off and an offense that has played a whole 2 games together. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Lol, we have been asking for solid, slightly above average qb play for years. Now we have it and we still aren’t happy? Come on guys, he’s a 40 year old game manager that can make some plays when we need it, much like we saw today. We aren’t getting a 4500-5k passer. The offense will be above average, the real issue here is the defense. It needs to be dominant or this team isn’t doing anything. That is where we should be concerned.

I agree with this.

Two games in the offense and Rodgers are about what I expected at this point in the season. We’ve scored three offensive TDs in both games — we did that twice all of last season.

The defense, unfortunately, looks significantly worse than the last two years. That’s the problem.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Pac said:

You can't ask for more than getting the dub while building continuity.  It's his 2nd game in almost 2 years. 

The Revenge Tour was always going to be a cessna at the start that will be an F16 by Christmas. 

Was never going to break the sound barrier out of the gates. 

Haters need to recognize. 

Salute Aye Aye Captain GIF

23 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I think the most surprising/unfortunate thing is that the team around Rodgers is performing much worse than they previously had, and much much worse than what most expected.

It would be fine for Rodgers to play this way if our defense was playing at the same level as the last 2 years.  But if your team has an average defense that struggles to get off the field & take the ball away, the QB will need to do more.

Hopefully both Rodgers and the defense improve as the weeks go by.

I’m not panicking over this offense yet. Rodgers is playing his first games with a new team. We have an o line that has never played together or with Rodgers. You need reps, you need time for things to gel. The offense will get better. 

the defense is the coaching staffs bread and butter. I’m not normally so optimistic but I’m fairly confident that they’ll get things buttoned up. The Johnson injury is brutal though, and let’s not forget that reed was ruled out today. Today’s game was also on the road. Last years team would have left this game with a loss.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I’m not panicking over this offense yet. Rodgers is playing his first games with a new team. We have an o line that has never played together or with Rodgers. You need reps, you need time for things to gel. The offense will get better. 

the defense is the coaching staffs bread and butter. I’m not normally so optimistic but I’m fairly confident that they’ll get things buttoned up. The Johnson injury is brutal though, and let’s not forget that reed was ruled out today. Today’s game was also on the road. Last years team would have left this game with a loss.

I agree.  Thursday against NE is a crucial game.  Hopefully they've shaken enough rust off and can deliver a statement victory.

I am not scared of their schedule whatsoever.  SF is over with.  Build over the next few weeks with some wins and hit Buffalo firing on all cylinders.

Well statsheet wise, Rodgers holds up fairly well.  Would've liked to see a better completion rate today, but at least the defense shouldn't need to overcome INTs very often.

There have been a lot of low scoring games this week, and a lot of top QBs getting limited results.  Defense has been ruling thus far.

18-30 / 176yd / 2TD            Rodgers

18-25 / 151yd / 2TD / 2INT    Mahomes

14-20 / 130yd / 2TD / 1INT    Herbert

22-34 / 186yd                         Watson

14-30 / 220yd                         Lawrence

12-19 / 185yd / 1TD / 1INT    Mayfield

19-27 / 216yd                         Stafford

11-16 / 243yd / 2TD / 1INT    Carr

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Rodgers already knows the coverage before the snap and is calculating his best odds for a play. Multiple 1 on 1 balls to GW and MW that are technically supposed to be “50/50” balls but Rodgers puts the ball in the right spot and trusts his receivers. Those balls become more 80/20 in favor of us. He’s just warming up too, he’ll put up a huge season. 

Those 80/20 ball’s haven’t added up to 350 passing yards in two games. We’re watching end of the line Aaron Rodgers here barely getting by.

Play calling in the 1st half is killin us. Start the game the way we come out after halftime.

AR had some great throws in the 2nd half which made them have to respect his arm and we started getting the running game going too. 1st half just felt like we were forcing the run and weren’t taking any shots passing.

• Upvote 1

Play calling in the 1st half is killin us. Start the game the way we come out after halftime.

AR had some great throws in the 2nd half which made them have to respect his arm and we started getting the running game going too. 1st half just felt like we were forcing the run and weren’t taking any shots passing.

Could it be that the plan is to limit Rodgers exposure to big hits early in games until he gets the rust off?

Rodgers is still very sharp but he is rusty. He is dissecting the defense every snap and getting everyone on the same page.

As time goes on the wr and TEs are going to understand what it’s like to have expectations on them from a real qb and they will get better

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Those 80/20 ball’s haven’t added up to 350 passing yards in two games. We’re watching end of the line Aaron Rodgers here barely getting by.

Ok and Mahomes had 150 yards passing today. Why don’t you just RELAX and appreciate an all time great QB playing for your favorite team? No he hasn’t put up huge stats yet but it’s his 2nd game back. And yes he’s obviously at the tail end of his career here but he still has plenty left in the tank (arm). The stats will come. 

Will Levis’ Zach Wilson impression and Aaron’s touch passes bailed out coach Bobby

Would like to see them actually throw on 1st down instead of running up the gut for nothing, and take some deep shots on early downs…

Aaron looked a bit hesitant at times to push it downfield even when he had time

Garrett had a beautiful catch off the double move on 3rd down, but also failed to adjust to some slightly inaccurate throws which he should have still caught 

Sauce got beat clean by Ridley multiple times

Could gave easily been 2 long TDs by Cal.  Ball went right through his hands.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Aaron Rodgers has been extremely underwhelming and can barely get the team out of the huddle at this point.

Back for Isaac?

He’s going to improve every game and the rust will be off by game 7.
  • Upvote 1