Bench this bum

Just now, jetswin said:

Oof. 

The NFL is finished 

I’ve been whining about this since Saleh has been here. I still can’t comprehend it unless it’s some high level business decision from Woodys suits to keep guys from hitting or playing in preseason. I can’t believe any football coach would sign off on this approach. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Yeah that sucked and he probably gets cut when Yeboah comes back but he’s a rookie UDFA who was picked up after the preseason. The issue is way deeper than those 4 plays and any single player. Save us Yeboah!

Yes.  I saw him on the sidelines and was surprised he was active.  I thought maybe Ruckert was dinged, but Ruckert played 24 snaps to Bates 10 and was in on one of the ones in that video.  Conklin played 82% of the snaps at 59.  Bates was a top performing preseason receiving TE with the Bears and I think he may have been the Jets only waiver claim this year.

27 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Who tf is Brendan Bates? How bad is Ruckert or Yeboah is this clown is getting meaningful snaps 

Yeboah is on IR, that's probably the only reason why Bates is on the team.

Yeboah is eligible to return, if healthy.

I think 

31 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Looks like the Jets should start using him as a receiver and not as a blocker

That might be the worst 3-play run-blocking reel in history

Good thing it's still "early"

It's four plays and looking at it again, I think Ruckert was in on every one of them.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I did’t know that first of all but TE is also part of the OL — the end of it. That is what the “end” part of “tight end” means.

By your logic, WRs are also offensive linemen, because they were called “split ends” when they started making the distinction between them and tight ends. So, if anything, the “tight” part is what makes a TE an OL.

1 hour ago, jetswin said:

Wouldn't his outstanding blocking show up in practice?  Or are we just doing walk throughs.  That is not NFL caliber and id like to think our coaches could recognize 

We don’t practice.