So if Hackett is AR8 preferred coordinator and they love each other, why is this not working?

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

I do not think anyone knows.  If they did, they would fix it.

I have never seen a team so inept at running the ball.  It is mindboggling.

It’s the attention to details that is the problem.  And Hackett had the reputation for not coaching the details and apparently the position coaches aren’t either or just doing a bad job with it.

8 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Because this group (offence) has only played 5 games. Be Patient.

Offense ... I mean .. I do find the Jets Offense Offensive.  

Of course if you are living anywhere in the world other than the USA ... it could very well be Offence.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Last month my wife and I went away for our anniversary, so we left the kids with my parents for the weekend. They spent the whole time eating homemade cookies and watching TV, broken only by trips to Chuck E. Cheese and the movies to see Despicable Me 8 or whatever the ****. When we picked them up Sunday night, my son “why can’t we live with Grandma and Grandpa all the time?”

The answer to his question and the answer to your question are pretty much the same.

eojfmasdwhre3qwuddnm.jpg

So what I got from this story is in the above image Hackett has a surface tablet resting on his clipboard and is watching Despicable Me

• Haha 4

They are trying to run an old school offense.  One that totally relies on the QB and his team playing together for years and being 100% on the same page.

Rodgers is seriously on the downside of his career.

The jets offense is predictable and fools no one.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

It wasn't supposed to not work. It looks like team has tried to not only go with AR commit themselves to him but give him what he wants. His OC, favorite players, his way on a lot of things. So for 2024 you have to stick with it the team is 2-3 and just lost two close games. The thing is can Rodgers physically last the season. There's no doubt the guy is trying. He went back into the game yesterday pretty banged up. 

The blocking. Basic football 

Olu Fashanu: 9 pressures, 2 hits
Tyron Smith: 9 pressures, 3 sacks, 1 hit
John Simpson: 5 pressures, 3 hits
Joe Tippmann: 5 pressures, 1 sack, 1 hit
AVT: 3 pressures, 1 sack, 2 hits

• Post of the Week 1

the number one reason is this:

Hackett never called the plays in Green Bay

it was LeFleur who called the plays in the game and Hackett was in his usual position  , waiting for the game to finish so he can slurp on Rodgers cock all week long 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I do not think anyone knows.  If they did, they would fix it.

I have never seen a team so inept at running the ball.  It is mindboggling.

I think AVT and the rookie RT, are largely responsible. When Moses gets back, and Saleh holds others accountable,  we will be better. Can't get any worse , right. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GenoJet said:

I think AVT and the rookie RT, are largely responsible. When Moses gets back, and Saleh holds others accountable,  we will be better. Can't get any worse , right. 

damn dude, made me snort my drink through my nose. Hilarious.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Because Aaron Rodgers and Nathaniel Hackett are sticking to the same old formula they’ve been comfortable with for years — it’s a warm security blanket they don’t want to give up. They’re running the same plays they’ve been doing for six years. Nothing new, no hard work, just coasting on familiarity.

The offense itself? Sure, it’s intricate. Rodgers and Hackett know every nuance, but the rest of the team is lost in it. Garrett Wilson is aimlessly meandering most of the time, while Allen Lazard—who’s been in it for six years—finds it second nature. But for everyone else? The learning curve is steep, which explains the endless miscommunications with Wilson and others.

Lazard’s issues aren't the playbook—it’s his physical limitations. He’s not particularly coordinated, and he has issues as fundamental as catching a football. Rodgers trusts him, but that trust doesn’t change the fact that Lazard can’t reliably catch what's thrown to him. Trust only goes so far when you can’t do the basics.

Rodgers, for all his arm talent, is in his comfort zone. He built this offense with Hackett, so he's never wrong. That gives him power—not just over the offense, but the entire team. If Rodgers wants a meeting with Woody, he’s got a direct line. The influence he exerts within the organization is massive, even if no one will admit it. But that power, that control, is what’s holding him—and the team—back. His refusal to adapt or evolve is the root problem. We saw it in Green Bay whenever LaFleur would task Rodgers with something new, and Rodgers wanted out. The offense hasn't evolved, and neither has Rodgers.

Then there's the run game, which is completely absent. They’ve thrown together five "new pieces" on the offensive line—Tyron Smith at left tackle, John Simpson at left guard, Tippman moving to center, AVT coming off a long layoff, and Moses at right tackle. The line hasn’t gelled, and Breece Hall has been a shell of his former self. The result? A non-existent ground game, forcing Rodgers to throw 96 times in the last two weeks.

Here’s the bottom line: if Rodgers has to throw more than 35 times, the Jets will lose. This team was built to be run-first, leaning on a dominant defense. Rodgers, at this point, is more of a game manager plus. Sure, he can still flash brilliance — think Michael Jordan at 40, turning it on in spurts — but he’s not carrying a team week in, week out anymore.

This wouldn’t be an issue if the Jets were executing what they were built to do: control the ball on the ground and play lights-out defense. But poor coaching, a mismanaged O-line, and sloppy execution have made that impossible.

And here’s the truth: this team hasn’t just lost its identity—it never really had one to begin with. They’re a patchwork of philosophies, and now it’s all catching up to them.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

The offense itself? Sure, it’s intricate. Rodgers and Hackett know every nuance, but the rest of the team is lost in it. Garrett Wilson is aimlessly meandering most of the time, while Allen Lazard—who’s been in it for six years—finds it second nature. But for everyone else? The learning curve is steep, which explains the endless miscommunications with Wilson and others.

Lazard’s issues aren't the playbook—it’s his physical limitations. He’s not particularly coordinated, and he has issues as fundamental as catching a football. Rodgers trusts him, but that trust doesn’t change the fact that Lazard can’t reliably catch what's thrown to him. Trust only goes so far when you can’t do the basics.

I don't agree with everything you posted but 100% agree with the above.  We're seeing it on the field.  Rodgers is expecting the receivers to understand the 4D chess he's trying to play.  "If I scratch my nuts before pointing at Hall, and if the CB lines up in press, break off your route in 10 yards and I'll throw you a back shoulder jump ball."  Lazard understands it but can't catch, and everyone else is seems lost.  Meanwhile Shanahan takes guys off the street, schemes them open, and turns a so-so QB into a Pro Bowler...

• Upvote 1