Ulbrich “We are fully committed to the run game”

7 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Same…..there’s no finer time to be a fan of this team than between games and especially between coaching changes!….and then they have to go ruin it by actually playing a game 

But it sucks when they change coaches mid season,.  We only get 6 days to bask in the glow of the coaching change.  Then we get to see the product on the field.

Personally I think that’s been the plan all along. Just haven’t executed. Why?  Probably a number of reasons. Whether bad scheme, bad play design, missed blocks, missed Moses etc…

Hopefully Ulbrich message gets through and Downing makes corrections to get it going. Otherwise, season is cooked. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Personally I think that’s been the plan all along. Just haven’t executed. Why?  Probably a number of reasons. Whether bad scheme, bad play design, missed blocks, missed Moses etc…

Hopefully Ulbrich message gets through and Downing makes corrections to get it going. Otherwise, season is cooked. 

The running game is important, but as Brady mentioned on the broadcast today, sometimes you need to pass the ball to open up the run. 

Moses is back hence the line will play better, the run game will be more productive and the box won't be loaded because we'll be able to get off a pass without so much pressure on AR.

I'm right, Fight me

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

They tried in game 1 vs SF 19 runs and 29 passes. But the emphasis was giving the ball to Breece Hall and it didn't work. Vs Tenn 24 runs and 30 passes. Vs NEP 33 runs and 35 passes. Vs Denver 23 runs and 42 passes. Vs Minnesota 14 runs and 54 passes. Look when something not working and you're losing no prob changing the game plan. I actually thought after SF game Hackett made reasonable changes. The running game wasn't working. But 54 passes way too many. 

There’s more to “we’re committed to the run game” than just check the runs vs. passes. I believe he’s addressing the horrible scheme and the fact nothing has been done to improve it. He’s not telegraphing the offensive play calls, you doofuses.

Look at Detroit, Atlanta and Pittsburgh today amongst others. Just physically knocking the other teams would out of their bodies.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

There’s more to “we’re committed to the run game” than just check the runs vs. passes. I believe he’s addressing the horrible scheme and the fact nothing has been done to improve it. He’s not telegraphing the offensive play calls, you doofuses.

Look at Detroit, Atlanta and Pittsburgh today amongst others. Just physically knocking the other teams would out of their bodies.

i get what you are saying, but the chances of this being fixed week to week are like 0

Robby Sabo did a big write up on Saleh’s obsession with identity offense and establishing the run in the first drive every week was a big part of his downfall. Too predictable and teams were ready for it every week 

Loving the run game is awesome, but the first 3 plays have to be tendency breakers. Sabo in his write up pointed out how often the jets telegraphed runs by how often they ran out of heavy packages.  Play action on 2nd and 9 lol.  

Please show tendency breakers and throw on first down 

please 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i get what you are saying, but the chances of this being fixed week to week are like 0

I’m not talking about feasibility. I am just point out that the reactionary responses in this thread talking about # of runs vs. passes are missing the point.

• Upvote 1

I feel like this is a big week for this team. If they arent competitive the wheels are going to fall off quickly. It's amazing that we have somehow completely neutralize Hall who looked like he was the best back in the league the 2nd half of last year. The offense as a whole has no explosive plays I really hope it changes tomorrow night. I can't handle another year that is over before Halloween.

24 minutes ago, Larz said:

Robby Sabo did a big write up on Saleh’s obsession with identity offense and establishing the run in the first drive every week was a big part of his downfall. Too predictable and teams were ready for it every week 

Loving the run game is awesome, but the first 3 plays have to be tendency breakers. Sabo in his write up pointed out how often the jets telegraphed runs by how often they ran out of heavy packages.  Play action on 2nd and 9 lol.  

Please show tendency breakers and throw on first down 

please 

The Kirk Ferentz Special 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

We’re two weeks away from “we have to make the offense simpler so guys aren’t thinking, they’re just playing”

Are you getting any vibes that the Jets might curb stomp Buffalo tomorrow night?  I don’t have them, but my father does.  Based on his track record of gut feelings, I am inclined to believe him…