**** OFFICIAL AFCE 1st PLACE JETS v BILLS GAME THREAD ****

Pac

8 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

You sat through that sh*t Denver game in the rain. My only regret is you missed the final Bobby Saleh game ever.

Worst game, bar none, I have ever attended.

Ready for tonight more than the home opener.  Let’s take this one.

• Upvote 3

If you ever plan to bet on the Jets to win, tonight has to be that night. 
Their season AND first place are both on the line, they have a new HC and play caller. 
Win, and all is good for now. Lose, they’re 2 games behind a Bills team that has the tiebreaker also. They’ll be a 2-4 team facing long odds to make a WC.

Sometimes a team just has to get something done if they want to prove themselves to be a contender. Tonight is that night for the Jets.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Rodgers needs to produce a 300 yard/3 TD game. Sick of the excuses and lack of accountability for his mediocre (at best) play. Now or never my man! 

This isnt happening.  Rodgers doesnt throw it more then 4 yards down the field so its almost impossible for him to throw for 300 yards in a game.

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Ed Oliver is a bigger loss.  That should help our passing offense in theory

We in here talking about "in theory"?!  

I mean, listen: We talking about "in theory".  

Not "in practice". Not "in practice". Not "in practice". We talking about "in theory". Not "in practice". 

15 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Run it 30 times the bills can’t stop the run

That’s not true. Their stats against the run are much better than you think.  I don’t want to copy from another site but Jetsxfactor shared advanced stats (not PFF).  More ‘expected over or under’ efficiency stats that considered game specific scenarios and competition.

The problem with the Jets is always predictably trying to establish the run rather than striking with creativity and then opening up the run with the pass and play action.  

Jets are 5-1 dating back to beginning of 2023 when scoring first.

They only scored first with a TD 2x.  The others were via FG.  

Over 25 games, the Jets have only thrown 1 long pass on their opening play.  2/3 of the time, the opening play has  been a very predictable run (mostly off guard).  1/3 has been a short pass before the sticks, almost exclusively to Breece or Garrett.  Talk about shrinking the field and mostly putting their QBs in 3rd & long.  

We are going to learn a lot right away tonight.

I expect the Jets to come out aggressively on offense.

- Fast tempo

- Play action

- Empty sets

- Breece more a catcher than runner

- 3 WR or 2RB; 1 TE

4 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Jets are 5-1 dating back to beginning of 2023 when scoring first.

They only scored first with a TD 2x.  The others were via FG.  

Over 25 games, the Jets have only thrown 1 long pass on their opening play.  2/3 of the time, the opening play has  been a very predictable run (mostly off guard).  1/3 has been a short pass before the sticks, almost exclusively to Breece or Garrett.  Talk about shrinking the field and mostly putting their QBs in 3rd & long.  

We are going to learn a lot right away tonight.

I expect the Jets to come out aggressively on offense.

- Fast tempo

- Play action

- Empty sets

- Breece more a catcher than runner

- 3 WR or 2RB; 1 TE

The Jets cant score on the opening drive because the opening drive is usually 70 or 80 yards.

Rodgers refuses to throw deep so we need a 21 play drive to score a td.

Throw the damn ball down the field, Aaron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Stop being a p#ssy!

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Why is Pac still starting this sh*t? This is like letting Fredo plan another meeting.

I have the heart of a lion.  I view curing you of your fan cowardice as something of a pet project. 

For example Id bet you're already tearfully writing the Mets obituary... I would urge you to control your emotions and watch how it unfolds. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

That’s not true. Their stats against the run are much better than you think.  I don’t want to copy from another site but Jetsxfactor shared advanced stats (not PFF).  More ‘expected over or under’ efficiency stats that considered game specific scenarios and competition.

The problem with the Jets is always predictably trying to establish the run rather than striking with creativity and then opening up the run with the pass and play action.  

Running backs facing the bills defense past 4 weeks:

Cam Akers - 4.7 ypc

Derrick Henry - 8.3 ypc

Travis Etienne - 6.2 ypc

Achane - 4.4 ypc

This is the week you pound it and setup Karen with play action