Rex Ryan on Aaron Rodgers: “He’s a Below Average” QB

Rex Ryan

Former New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan spent his career as a coach trying to find ways to get big shots on the quarterback.  Today, he used his platform on ESPN to take one at current Jets QB Aaron Rodgers.

In discussing his former team’s current struggles, Ryan put Aaron Rodgers in the crosshairs.

“Aaron Rodgers has played one good game all season and nobody says it.  Why”?.  Ryan, presumably referring to Rodgers’ win against the Patriots in which he threw for 281 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

Clearly unimpressed with what he’s seen from Rodgers in 2024, Ryan continued “I’m telling the truth.  I’ve been around this game my whole life.  He looks like a below average quarterback”.

Even despite the criticism, Ryan picked the Jets to win tonight’s game in Pittsburgh due to a “rusty” Russell Wilson getting the start for the Steelers.

The post Rex Ryan on Aaron Rodgers: “He’s a Below Average” QB appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Corn said:

You need the whole team in football rogers average would be the best quarterback we had in a while.

I would not say he's below average.That's BS that TV commentator requirements.

No offense, but this post sums up just how disappointing he’s been.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

11 minutes ago, Corn said:

You need the whole team in football rogers average would be the best quarterback we had in a while.

I would not say he's below average.That's BS that TV commentator requirements.

If only he could be a slightly below average GM and OC.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

No offense, but this post sums up just how disappointing he’s been.

Well when you include the injury it's been a little disappointing.

That's nothing compared to the offensive coaching the last several years is beyond comprehension how bad it's been.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The Rodgers Stan’s here really need him to have a good game tonight. They deserve a week to “told you so” the board.

A certain poster comes to mind. Rhymes with rickety dam. 

• Upvote 2

Rodgers was average his last year in green bay, two years older, coming of a really bad injury

Yeah big surprise to some that he is average AT BEST.

And we gave him the sun the moon and the stars.

Reminds me of my dating history.....I gave the girls the sun the moon and stars and they were all average at best.  (Tears streaming down his aged face.)

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If only he could be a slightly below average GM and OC.

Haha some of his GM work is not bad he needs those big wide receivers the way he throws the long  ball .

As far as the OC he just has no time for that he probably did the game planning for the New England game though then complimented the former OC

I feel like Rodgers has been everything he ever has been. What’s been really frustrating is his requirements for everyone else to be so precise. He can’t make throws on the fly he expects/needs everyone to be where he wants them to be and our team hasn’t been able to do it.

Our online is fine, our wrs are fine and our QB is fine but things just aren’t clicking

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

The Rodgers Stan’s here really need him to have a good game tonight. They deserve a week to “told you so” the board.

I would kind of prefer Rodgers to have a good game tonight so they get the win and the Jets season doesn't essentially die in October. Again. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SCRUNO said:

F*ck Rex and his dentures. He's an embarrassment like numbnuts Benigno and his Fu Manchu, bro.

Yeah, those teeth combined with a Klieg light would be a directed energy weapon. Definite Geneva Convention violation.