Where Do We Go From Here?

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ok.  Which “good ones” are worth keeping then?  In other words, what’s the “core”?  Because while we have a few talented guys to be sure, they all seem to be cowards.  Not a leader among them.  

I’m not saying trade all of em, but there also shouldn’t be a single player on this roster that’s “safe”, because I’m not comfortable saying ANY of them are worthy of building around.

I'm not sure where you're watching the hidden tape of how they practice, talk in the locker room, etc.  but I'm sure 'cowards' is certainly the way to describe these men who have accomplished an awful lot to get where they are and put their bodies on the line (and seem to play pretty fearlessly to me.)

I think by cowards, you mean 'they didn't want to win as bad as I wanted them to win?' and I mean, that's just more than I can get into here.

I'm generally responding to the 'let them all burn' comments that drive me nuts, but for the specific plan around these team members,

DEFENSE:

• I'd try and sign sauce and reed both to an extension, if possible.  If too price prohibitive, you pick which ever you can get more value
  • MC2 is coming back - I hope it's just an injury that has been affecting his play this year.
  • Quincy has played very well even after his deal,
  • sherwood is a nice player to play next to him
  • Quinnen is dominant in the middle, and still a great player.
  • They Miss JFM, Leki is on a one year, and they need that run stuffer
  • McDonald seems to be a nice outside player.   The other side is gonna be hard to figure out, for sure 
  • Safeties are also tricky, but this staff has been able to coach them up.   Of course, this staff isn't coming back.

OFFENSE:

This is the harder side of the ball, as it really was all setup for the giant, all-in gamble on Rodgers, and we lost the gamble.

• I'm not sure if Adams is interested in staying here without his darkness friend, but if he's willing to renegotiate the next two years, I'd certainly welcome him back.  He's got more in the tank, even if he's not the same he was.  If he doesn't come back cheap though, it will be tricky.
  • They've already exercised G. Wilson's 5th year, so he's coming back for that. I'd start talks on an extension, but he may be wanting to GTF out too much.  This is the one area that if you are going to tear it down, you might say OK, let's see if we can get a 2nd for him, but I doubt it.
  • There are enough developmental WRs to round it out.
  • Conklin has been flashing, but he's an UFA, and I don't think he'll be back.  No one is trading for him.
  • I'd seriously consider Franchising Breece - it wouldn't be super expensive, would give another year to see if Allen can step up, or a new draft pick fits in, and his ability to catch would be a great security blanket for our next QB.
  • The Oline is, of course, where we're in trouble the most from this all-in, because both tackles are either about to fall apart, or already have.  But again, no one trading for them.
  • QB is done, so we might as well start Tyrod and see if he can get some of the existing players past the 'it had to be this year' and start thinking about the future.   IF Jordan Travis is up to it, would start working in some packages this year.

you've got to be opportunistic at every position in the offseason, so there will be some areas to fill in the holes.

I'd keep JD, and I know that's super, super unpopular.  But I don't trust Woody to find better here.  But I'd let him start finding his coach right now.   

So yeah, that's what I'd do instead of 'trading them all away', cause I don't know what the heck you'd think you'd get out of trying to dump any of the above.

We're going backwards for sure after the flop and the turn didn't go our way on the all-in hand, so I guess we just hope that the river doesn't go well and we drop in draft position.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 4

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I predict W0ody does the following:

- Hires a new HC. 

- Lets JD run the upcoming draft, then fires him.  

- Raises ticket prices again.

Wow that’s really something. Just beyond moronic which is why it’s exactly what will happen. 😂

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Edgy said:

I'm not sure where you're watching the hidden tape of how they practice, talk in the locker room, etc.  but I'm sure 'cowards' is certainly the way to describe these men who have accomplished an awful lot to get where they are and put their bodies on the line (and seem to play pretty fearlessly to me.)

I think by cowards, you mean 'they didn't want to win as bad as I wanted them to win?' and I mean, that's just more than I can get into here.

I'm generally responding to the 'let them all burn' comments that drive me nuts, but for the specific plan around these team members,

DEFENSE:

• I'd try and sign sauce and reed both to an extension, if possible.  If too price prohibitive, you pick which ever you can get more value
  • MC2 is coming back - I hope it's just an injury that has been affecting his play this year.
  • McDonald seems to be a nice outside player.   The other side is gonna be hard to figure out, for sure 
  • Safeties are also tricky, but this staff has been able to coach them up.   Of course, this staff isn't coming back.

OFFENSE:

This is the harder side of the ball, as it really was all setup for the giant, all-in gamble on Rodgers, and we lost the gamble.

• I'm not sure if Adams is interested in staying here without his darkness friend, but if he's willing to renegotiate the next two years, I'd certainly welcome him back.  He's got more in the tank, even if he's not the same he was.  If he doesn't come back cheap though, it will be tricky.
  • They've already exercised G. Wilson's 5th year, so he's coming back for that. I'd start talks on an extension, but he may be wanting to GTF out too much.  This is the one area that if you are going to tear it down, you might say OK, let's see if we can get a 2nd for him, but I doubt it.
  • Conklin has been flashing, but he's an UFA, and I don't think he'll be back.  No one is trading for him.
  • I'd seriously consider Franchising Breece - it wouldn't be super expensive, would give another year to see if Allen can step up, or a new draft pick fits in, and his ability to catch would be a great security blanket for our next QB.
  • The Oline is, of course, where we're in trouble the most from this all-in, because both tackles are either about to fall apart, or already have.  But again, no one trading for them.
  • QB is done, so we might as well start Tyrod and see if he can get some of the existing players past the 'it had to be this year' and start thinking about the future.   IF Jordan Travis is up to it, would start working in some packages this year.

you've got to be opportunistic at every position in the offseason, so there will be some areas to fill in the holes.

I'd keep JD, and I know that's super, super unpopular.  But I don't trust Woody to find better here.  But I'd let him start finding his coach right now.   

So yeah, that's what I'd do instead of 'trading them all away', cause I don't know what the heck you'd think you'd get out of trying to dump any of the above.

We're going backwards for sure after the flop and the turn didn't go our way on the all-in hand, so I guess we just hope that the river doesn't go well and we drop in draft position.

I admire your pluckiness and optimism that any of this can be fixed.  You must be young.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I admire your pluckiness and optimism that any of this can be fixed.  You must be young.  

I am not that optimistic.    I think 'BURN IT ALL DOWN' isn't a better idea.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I predict W0ody does the following:

- Hires a new HC. 

- Lets JD run the upcoming draft, then fires him.  

- Raises ticket prices again.

Trade Ahmad Gardner, Reddick, Quinnen Williams, and Lazard.

Let Breece Hall hit free agency. 

Follow whatever path to say goodbye to Rodgers, AVT, Mosley, Moses, and Smith. 

Keep Garrett Wilson, Sherwood , Reed and Echols.

Throw Zuerlein, Ashyin Davis, Clemons, Gipson out.

Hire veteran GM.

Hire veteran HC.

Draft and build trenches.

10 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Hire veteran GM.

Hire veteran HC.

This is the the 'I don't have a plan for replacements, I'm just tired of seeing these guys who are legit good players'.   

I agree with the last two points.  

I can see how someone could make an argument for the last three.

The rest is all just emotion, not logic.

2 hours ago, Wit said:

There is a parable told by a great rabbi about a group of people that were called “the fallers” , because they just kept falling and failing. Then one of them decided that they aren’t falling all the time, they kept getting up. So from there on out they were called the people that “get up”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

My advice to the Jets: Just stay down...

Hire veteran GM.
Hire veteran HC.
Devante ? I say we keep him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Edgy said:

DEFENSE:

OFFENSE:

image.gif.6b7c6fedee91fc66c8479eec625ed1ee.gif

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Obviously JD and Ulbrich are goners. I imagine Rodgers will retire. 

JD should be fired right now and he might be gone as soon as Friday if they lose bad on Thursday. I mean this re either getting fired or resigning. if I were him I'd consider resigning to save my career. Johnson's interference is egregious. Not convinced Rodgers will retire so easy. He made promises to Jets Nation and may feel obliged to run it back "under new management" as a transition figure as opposed to a savior w superbowl promises. 

• Upvote 1

This team is a much better version of the 96 Jets. A poorly coached team that found ways to lose every week and we just said to ourselves "but they arent THIS bad" after every inconceivable loss

A good coach can flip this with ease like Parcells did, but dont hold your breath on Woody finding that guy. And im not sure why any qualified candidate (like Vrabel) would come anywhere near us.

No need to blow up the roster

Football czar

Real HC and entirely new coaching staff 

Run blocking sucks but pass pro was fine today

Rodgers is just not pulling the trigger 

Never thought I’d be saying this but trade Sauce if you can get a 1st or better for him

Bro looks like he’d rather be anywhere else on the planet than on a football field 

You cannot pay that guy 

It’s disgusting because his talent is off the charts 

At end of day, let the new regime decide — maybe the new HC can get through to Sauce — and as much as possible get Woody to butt out of football decisions 

31 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

No need to blow up the roster

Football czar

Real HC and entirely new coaching staff 

Run blocking sucks but pass pro was fine today

Rodgers is just not pulling the trigger 

Never thought I’d be saying this but trade Sauce if you can get a 1st or better for him

Bro looks like he’d rather be anywhere else on the planet than on a football field 

You cannot pay that guy 

It’s disgusting because his talent is off the charts 

At end of day, let the new regime decide — maybe the new HC can get through to Sauce — and as much as possible get Woody to butt out of football decisions 

Our roster is average at best.  OL is actually worse than last season.  DL has been a massive disappointment.  Secondary is by far the most overrated in the entire league

1. Trade Sauce now for draft picks.  
2. draft a QB in either round 1 or 2

3. Trade Tyron for a late round pick let Olu develop at LT.  We need to find out if he’s legit or not because it’s a OT rich draft

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

harvey keitel winston wolf GIF

The only solution I can see at this point is to call in The Wolf.

"Serious Man?  They calling in The Wolf?"

I'll remain a Jet fan for 1 more week but ONLY if they call in The Wolf.

I doubt they do it though which means my Jet fandom is over.

Why? Because he "thinks fast and he talks fast" which would cause the Jet owner's head to explode.  Way too fast for him.