What are u listening to right now?

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Heard Supper's Ready while driving yesterday and made me late because I had to listen it through, then this piece came into my head and much like Lana at Joel Goodson's house, it won't leave ! 

I've posted the live cut of this classic somewhere in here or on another site.   One of my favorite pieces by Genesis.  So powerful and haunting, especially the "Now..now..now..now...now" section.

Here's the live version I mentioned in case you don't know it.  You forget sometimes what gifted players Tony Banks and Steve Hackett are.

• Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...

While absolutely NOT  for everyone, listened to a piece on Sirius Jazz 67 from Coleman Hawkins where Major Holly was the bassist. Known for singing hos solos with a bow.  He guest taught one Saturday at a jazz clinic I attended and it was so rewarding to have him working with the 4-5 bassists that were there. Telling us stories of be bop in the 50's etc.

• Sympathy 1

this was  one of the You Tube comments  on the song above. Geeez I miss those days :)

My buddies little sister played this for me the first time I did acid (Orange Barrel). "Don't look in the mirror", was the warning they shared, " you'll see your soul and you may not like what you see". I was fifteen, never even smoked a joint. I listened to this song with a speaker beside each ear and got up and "looked out the window" and saw " Drink Coca-Cola" written in the clouds in the sunrise. Then I knew I had to look in the mirror.

• Upvote 1

A bottle of Cab and listening to a few things I haven't heard in a while tonight:

Urzula Dudziak (used to front Michael Urbaniak's band)

Zawinal's incredible classic (wah on an EP anyone?), Can't get the darned theme out of my head.

Finally, anyone dig this one back then? The old CTI label (hey Creed if you are a Jets fan and on here, I'm still waiting to hear about the audition tape)Stravinsky and McLaughlin in juxtaposition. Freddie Hubbard on the trumpet, Cobham on drums, Ron Carter, Hubert Laws, Brecker Bros, yeesh

actually was trying to attach Boogie Woogie Waltz, but 125th ST Congress came out for the Weather Report thing. At least it is the same album. If you like fusion and don't know Boogie Woogie Waltz, seek it out 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 3:47 PM, BUM-KNEE said:

Don't know why I cannot get rid of the Type O Negative link form way back, but a good song;  the guitarist Kenny Hickey's mom lives down the block, so at some point must've shared it and then not done so. So on occasion I've waved at the guy laying down the riffs in this song asking if he was pulling out or parking in a spot on the block. Life can be mundane, this VM song is anything but.

• Upvote 1

Going through my Christmas/Holiday play list and was blastintg this amazing tune.  Someone on JI turned me onto it years ago.  Since then, I try to share it with folks who appreciate rock and the music of a certain legendary British band (one of my heroes).  Make sure you play it on maximum volume.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...