ESPN suspends Tony Kornheiser over Hanah Storm remarks

Matt39

:Typotux:

Tony Kornheiser, host of "Pardon the Interruption" on ESPN2_bing.gif, has been suspended because of remarks he made recently on the air about fellow ESPN personality Hannah Storm, according to a report by Fox News on Tuesday.

Fox reported that Kornheiser said, "Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today," and then went on to detail Storm's outfit, eventually saying, "She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree. I thought the remarks were funny as heck. Him and Wilbon are always busting on people. They just didn't like it when it was a fellow espner. Which makes them hypocrits in my eyes.

Cornhole wasn't busting on Hannah. Essentially calling Hannah Storm a whore and an old hag isn't "busting" on her. They were malicious comments about a coworker.

He should have known better. You can't do such things in the real world and he stepped into the real world with those comments.

I really can't see how anyone could think his comments were humorous besides being "car crash humor."

Cornhole wasn't busting on Hannah. Essentially calling Hannah Storm a whore and an old hag isn't "busting" on her. They were malicious comments about a coworker.

He should have known better. You can't do such things in the real world and he stepped into the real world with those comments.

I really can't see how anyone could think his comments were humorous besides being "car crash humor."

Am I missing something? He called her outfit horrifying and said she looked like she was wrapped in sausage casing. How is that calling her a whore? I have not read anything about his actual comments beside what has been posted here. Was that all of it?

Okay, I googled it:

Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today. She's got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt ... way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now...She's got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body ... I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won't ... but Hannah Storm ... come on now! Stop! What are you doing? ... She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point."

Harsh for sure. There has to be something personal there. He's basically calling her a pathetic old hag. Kornheiser should look in the mirror.

Okay, I googled it:

Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today. She's got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt ... way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now...She's got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body ... I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won't ... but Hannah Storm ... come on now! Stop! What are you doing? ... She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point."

Harsh for sure. There has to be something personal there. He's basically calling her a pathetic old hag. Kornheiser should look in the mirror.

ESPN is bullsheet, man. First they say you can't bang chicks (Steve Phillips), or squeeze their bags (Harold Reynolds) or send them pictures of your meat (Sean Salisbury) and now you can't go the opposite direction and call the chicks ugly whorish cougarskanks? They are NEVER happy there. NEVER!

ESPN needs to just stop hiring chicks. Dealing with the lawsuits from that will be less of a headache than all of the shenanigans from the past decade. Everyone goes except Erin Andrews. She stays.

this.

Although I might ammend for mandatory playboy and/or unair nudity out of Erin Andres

If shes in her 50's I'm impressed, I'd do it. The outfit is awful but any guy should know better in a general situation then to say something like that, this idiot was on live TV. It is Tony Kornhole though and I doubt he's a socially adjusted human being. He should be fired just for being a general halftard. The guy forced made me to watch me watch MNF on mute or at a bars. I think he and whatever executives are responsible for him being on TV should all get sent down to Guantanamo for questioning.

ESPN is bullsheet, man. First they say you can't bang chicks (Steve Phillips), or squeeze their bags (Harold Reynolds) or send them pictures of your meat (Sean Salisbury) and now you can't go the opposite direction and call the chicks ugly whorish cougarskanks? They are NEVER happy there. NEVER!

I know. I don't get it either.

Am I missing something? He called her outfit horrifying and said she looked like she was wrapped in sausage casing. How is that calling her a whore? I have not read anything about his actual comments beside what has been posted here. Was that all of it?

He is suspended because apparently there is a policy at ESPN that prevents ESPN personalities from criticizing other ESPN personalities.

It's what prevents most ESPN on air "talent" from calling out John Clayton for looking like Mr. Mackey from South Park or trashing Merrill Hoge for being a complete retard.

sorry Garb, I am pretty sure Tony made the comments on his local radio show. That's what his show is and always has been about - ESPN knew this going in. He complains, he makes fun of things (including himself), and talks about daily life.

I am not a fan, but I used to listen before PTI + MNF when he was a little more grounded. That outfit is hideous, nothing wrong with pointing it out. He didn't even make a personal attack.

The world has gone way too soft and too PC. For kicks you ought to read the emperor's new clothes. it may change your opinion.

WTF Are you reading something I'm not? He's clearly making fun of her OUTFIT only and the way the OUTFIT looks.

I don't like this guy but he's always joking around about everyone on his show, this is far from the worst thing he's ever said... gimme a break here.

sorry Garb, I am pretty sure Tony made the comments on his local radio show. That's what his show is and always has been about - ESPN knew this going in. He complains, he makes fun of things (including himself), and talks about daily life.

I am not a fan, but I used to listen before PTI + MNF when he was a little more grounded. That outfit is hideous, nothing wrong with pointing it out. He didn't even make a personal attack.

The world has gone way too soft and too PC. For kicks you ought to read the emperor's new clothes. it may change your opinion.

Wait a minute, he didn't say this on PTI? That is total BS. ESPN is now trying to sensor people on other media outlets? F THEM...carefull America, Big Brother is indeed watching you..

WTF Are you reading something I'm not? He's clearly making fun of her OUTFIT only and the way the OUTFIT looks.

I don't like this guy but he's always joking around about everyone on his show, this is far from the worst thing he's ever said... gimme a break here.

The OP quote didn't have the full quote of what Cornhole said. Garb quoted it. In part, he said:

She's got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt ... way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now...She's got on her typically very, very tight shirt.

I'm calling it like I read it. He essentially called her a whore and an old hag. If he called her a bitch he would have done the female diss trifecta. Let me break it down for you.

"Go-go boots" + "too short" skirt + "tight shirt" = whore. How can you deny that was what Cornhole was implying? He was saying she was dressing like a whore.

Calling her boots "go-go boots"; go-go boots are worn by go-go dancers. You know what go-go dancers are, right?

In Cornhole's younger days (he's 62), go-go dancers were hired dancers in sleazy bars that couldn't have strippers because of local laws. So, in the 1950s and 60s, for the working man who didn't have strip clubs in his town or nearby he instead went to bars with go-go dancers. In other words, they were the equivelant of strippers today.

Saying that her shirt is "too short" is saying that she's a loose woman or, at the very least, a tease. The same with the tight shirt.

As to the old hag part, he's saying that she is too old to be wearing that clothing. Thus, he's commenting on her age and dictating to her what she should or shouldn't be wearing at her age bracket.

I worked at the EEOC and dealth with a lot of sexual harrasment cases and knew all the buzz words and such.

I've worked in an office environment for a long time. Under the sexual harrassment guidelines it's well known never to comment negatively on a female coworker's outfit, especially if you're going to approach the landmines of sex and age.

The OP quote didn't have the full quote of what Cornhole said. Garb quoted it. In part, he said:

I'm calling it like I read it. He essentially called her a whore and an old hag. If he called her a bitch he would have done the female diss trifecta. Let me break it down for you.

"Go-go boots" + "too short" skirt + "tight shirt" = whore. How can you deny that was what Cornhole was implying? He was saying she was dressing like a whore.

Calling her boots "go-go boots"; go-go boots are worn by go-go dancers. You know what go-go dancers are, right?

In Cornhole's younger days (he's 62), go-go dancers were hired dancers in sleazy bars that couldn't have strippers because of local laws. So, in the 1950s and 60s, for the working man who didn't have strip clubs in his town or nearby he instead went to bars with go-go dancers. In other words, they were the equivelant of strippers today.

Saying that her shirt is "too short" is saying that she's a loose woman or, at the very least, a tease. The same with the tight shirt.

As to the old hag part, he's saying that she is too old to be wearing that clothing. Thus, he's commenting on her age and dictating to her what she should or shouldn't be wearing at her age bracket.

I worked at the EEOC and dealth with a lot of sexual harrasment cases and knew all the buzz words and such.

I've worked in an office environment for a long time. Under the sexual harrassment guidelines it's well known never to comment negatively on a female coworker's outfit, especially if you're going to approach the landmines of sex and age.

I think you're taking this a little too seriously.

Archived