• Walker
    • Keyshawn
    • Maynard
    • Sauer
    • Chrebet
    • Toon
    • Coles
    • Cotchery

Only seen Keyshawn, Chrebet, Coles, Cotchery. Of those, I hate Keyshawn.. all the others I like quite a bit.

I went with Coles. When I was younger growing up he was great and my favorite. Little bit of a nuisance later on but I still love him as a player he is a hard worker and never gives up. Same could be said of Chrebet and Cotch I suppose, but I dunno I just like Coles. :)

Only seen Keyshawn, Chrebet, Coles, Cotchery. Of those, I hate Keyshawn.. all the others I like quite a bit.

I went with Coles. When I was younger growing up he was great and my favorite. Little bit of a nuisance later on but I still love him as a player he is a hard worker and never gives up. Same could be said of Chrebet and Cotch I suppose, but I dunno I just like Coles. :)

I feel the same way. Always despised Keyshawn. Loved Chrebet. And I liked Coles' work ethic and toughness coming out as a rookie underdog with a bad rep. He did get a little annoying later, but I will always appreciate his time here. Cotch is a good guy too.

walker is a big reason why I'm a jets fan. on the playground I was always walker

+1

Loved Toon, too, but I had a #85 jersey for a long time as a kid. Walker was an absolute game breaker.

It was a tough call for me between Wes and Wayne, but Walker edges out. Some of my fondest memories were some big time plays by WW. He was an awesome receiver and made some great accomplishments despite being blind in one eye.

Where is Reggie Rembert?!

Talk about a bad memory and an example of the PAST bad draft picks. Never played a down for the Jets and was a 2nd round draft pick. IIRC we got LB Joe Kelly out of that mess. Decent player for a few seasons. Rembert didn't do jack in his brief career.

walker is a big reason why I'm a jets fan. on the playground I was always walker

I never thought I deserved to be Walker. You had a lot of balls as a kid.

But seriously, the game is supposed to be fun to watch and Walker was the most fun to see play so he has to be number one.

Seen them all no doubt Toon was by far the most talented hardest working, toughest WR in Jets history followed closely by Sauer. Keyshawn who is widely hated was right on their heels, Walker was probably the most exciting guy but definetly not in Toon's class. Loved Maynard but unlike Toon and Sauer he was not a great all around WR, Toon and Sauer made incredibly tough catches over the middle and were willing to take a shot as was Keyshawn.

Toon would have lasted longer if he didn't have such great focus on the ball. He simply sacrificed his body to many times.

Toon to me was the second most talented player to wear the uniform behind Namath. We may be watching the best of all time right now in Revis? Hopefully Revis will stay healthy.

For me it's Walker for all the reasons already stated. For anyone who's never seen the 51-45 game vs. the Dolphins, it's worth watching in its entirety. Truly one of the most wild and exciting NFL games ever played and what Walker did to the Dolphins that day will live with me forever.

FWIW, Keyshawn - despite his big yap - was a far better WR than people give him credit for here, not to mention possibly the best blocking WR we've ever seen in a Jets uni.

+1

Loved Toon, too, but I had a #85 jersey for a long time as a kid. Walker was an absolute game breaker.

That's funny. I had an 88, but it predated Toon. Rich Caster. I was wedging myself into that thing for as long as possible. I liked Bell and Gaffney a lot, but I guess Toon was my favorite. In '85 and '86 he put on a show pretty much every week.

Toon was helped by having Walker on the other side. WRs feed off of each other and having more than one good one can screw coverages. I think Sauer's early retirement really hurt the team and had plenty to do with all the BS about Namath's stats not being HOF material. IIRC, he just walked away at 27 except for his little comeback in the WFL. His father apparently left the team for the Pats. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

What??!??

No Kurt Sohn?!?!?

No Bake Turner?!?!?

NO EDDIE BELL ?!?!?!?

I'm getting up there, too. I was definitely drawing pictures as a little kid of #12 throwing to #7.

That's funny. I had an 88, but it predated Toon. Rich Caster. I was wedging myself into that thing for as long as possible. I liked Bell and Gaffney a lot, but I guess Toon was my favorite. In '85 and '86 he put on a show pretty much every week.

I loved Toon. In those years, I was single and hanging with my buddies every Sunday. We'd refer to his catches as Al-Toon-istic! The man was an acrobat.

I liked Caster, but the one play that sticks out in my mind is the one that was longest play from scrimmage (don't know if that record's been broken) that didn't result in a TD. He kept looking back over his shoulder and got dragged down at the one. If he just ****ing ran forward! :lol:

My Favorite:

Wesley Walker was legally blind in one eye and was an amazing wide out. WW got behind the D. He was fast, athletic and had excellent hands. He would be the Number one wide out on our team today.

The Best:

Is a different question, that would have to go to Maynard HOF, retired number. But I wasn't three years old when the Jets won, so I have only seen clips and the replay of SBIII.

My Favorite:

Wesley Walker was legally blind in one eye and was an amazing wide out. WW got behind the D. He was fast, athletic and had excellent hands. He would be the Number one wide out on our team today.

The Best:

Is a different question, that would have to go to Maynard HOF, retired number. But I wasn't three years old when the Jets won, so I have only seen clips and the replay of SBIII.

Ha! Ha! You're old too!

My dad is a huge Maynard fan, but I can't say I remember him much. I love the clips of him on the NFL Films of the Super Bowl. Drawling "You dirty Colt! You dirty guy!"

Archived