Larz

also

rex got away with one playing his starters so long, no injuries that I know of

Hope Eli is OK

it's gonna suck wearing a helmet with 9 stiches in your forehead

he could go as harry potter for halloween now without any make up

tackling sucked big time.

Folk didnt impress.

Clemens did fine, but we're screwed if Nacho goes down.

Field must have been awfully slippery... everyone was falling all over themselves.

Worried about Greene and his constant ramming of people.

All in all, a decent game with a good amount of film for them to look at and analyze and correct before we go live in a few weeks.

also

rex got away with one playing his starters so long, no injuries that I know of

Hope Eli is OK

it's gonna suck wearing a helmet with 9 stiches in your forehead

he could go as harry potter for halloween now without any make up

This is going to be an issue. Football helmet are the worst.

I know next to nothing about OL play but I wasn't impressed by Slauson. Obviously it's too early to tell anything and I cut him some slack for playing next to Turner as opposed to Mangold, but he seemed plodding and appeared to miss a few blocks. IIRC all our successful runs were to the right, and he didn't pull on any of them.

Nacho is improving... after he threw a pick 6.

He's gotta cut those mistakes out... i've seen several jets fans post that Mark had an "excellent" night... excellent nights dont include 60 yard receptions to the other team.

why are we so willing to over look this player's obvious mistakes? Maybe he will be great one day. he is not great now. Certainly not great enough to be compared with Manning/Brees/Brady level of QB. He can't throw left, wtf is that about? It's like Zoolander.

so what do you guys think ?

the bad news

the line depth on both sides is scary bad

lowery may be cut

brunell is old

the good news

nacho is improving

LT has some tread left on the tires

Special teams were rock solid

I actually disagree and think we have solid depth on both lines.

Lowery will not be cut. Not a chance in hell, especially if Mevi$ holdouts for the season. Lowery was in great position on all those plays, he just ran into a guy having a career night getting away with interference.

He's gotta cut those mistakes out... i've seen several jets fans post that Mark had an "excellent" night... excellent nights dont include 60 yard receptions to the other team.

why are we so willing to over look this player's obvious mistakes? Maybe he will be great one day. he is not great now. Certainly not great enough to be compared with Manning/Brees/Brady level of QB. He can't throw left, wtf is that about? It's like Zoolander.

Has anyone EVER compared him to the 3 best QB's in the league?

I know next to nothing about OL play but I wasn't impressed by Slauson. Obviously it's too early to tell anything and I cut him some slack for playing next to Turner as opposed to Mangold, but he seemed plodding and appeared to miss a few blocks. IIRC all our successful runs were to the right, and he didn't pull on any of them.

good for you....

I'm not overlooking anything, but frankly, seeing him bounce back and play well was encouraging. seeing him checkdown to LT/Smitj instead of forcing things was encouraging. The dude was an interception machine last year, I'm expecting we'll see more this year, but if he can do the other stuff, the INT's will drop

Cromartie can cover, but he is shying away from any tackling contact just like Kerry Rhodes did. And he will never change this.

Revis makes that tackle on Bradshaw, no question.

Revis needs to be here week 1 manned up on Boldin. You think Cro is going to tackle Anquan? I dont....

Lowery will not be cut. Not a chance in hell, especially if Mevi$ holdouts for the season. Lowery was in great position on all those plays, he just ran into a guy having a career night getting away with interference.

What is it with Lowery that he has all these fan boys? Lowery SUCKED last night, just like he did all year last year. The kid is atrocious. The only thing that makes him look any better than atrocious is when he's compared to Drew Coleman, who doesn't even belong in the league.

Revis makes that tackle on Bradshaw, no question.

Revis needs to be here week 1 manned up on Boldin. You think Cro is going to tackle Anquan? I dont....

that Bradshaw play should have been called back on the most blatant hold ever on Shaun Ellis-almost as blatant as seeing a guy catch a one-handed TD with a CB in headlock with the other........awesome

What is it with Lowery that he has all these fan boys? Lowery SUCKED last night, just like he did all year last year. The kid is atrocious. The only thing that makes him look any better than atrocious is when he's compared to Drew Coleman, who doesn't even belong in the league.

I'm not a fan...but he's not nearly as bad as JetNation makes him out to be...if he was why would Rex keep him around.

Sorry, I'm going to have to side with Rex. Me thinks he knows D better than JetNation.

Was at the game last night, couple of things stood out.

McKnight will never be near what LW was and looks like a wasted pick. Not impressed at all.

Gholston looked just as bad as last year and should be cut.

Sanchez played OK but seemed to be forcing his passes into coverage a few times instead of going to a more open option.

Shonne Greene looked terrific as did Cro.

2nd half was a disaster, I mean Cruz for christ sakes!?! Jets coverage made him look like Santana Moss in his prime.

I need to re-watch the game on DVR for a better eval. The half time ceremony was really nice.

Stadium is really nice but the Grid Iron / Coaches clubs mezz lvl ARE NOT worth the ton of extra money they charge. The field view is terrible from inside.

The only benefit will be when it is freezing cold or raining and then it will probably be mobbed in there.

get a grip on reality. he's a 2nd year qb playing his 1st preseason game this year. no one expects him to be joe montana. give him a few more weeks at least :)

Has anyone EVER compared him to the 3 best QB's in the league?

maybe im just imagining this but could have sworn posters were using the logic that as Sanchez gets better they won't need Revis. That if Sanchez becomes Drew Brees the defense doesn't have to be as awesome.

Maybe that's true but it's a big if to get Sanchez to that elite status. I love his potential but I dont know when he will reach it. Probably not in year 2.

maybe im just imagining this but could have sworn posters were using the logic that as Sanchez gets better they won't need Revis. That if Sanchez becomes Drew Brees the defense doesn't have to be as awesome.

Maybe that's true but it's a big if to get Sanchez to that elite status. I love his potential but I dont know when he will reach it. Probably not in year 2.

I don't think Mark Sanchez will ever be able to reach Drew Brees' status. He probably tops out as an average to above average QB in this league. I just don't see that "It" factor that other young QB's have almost immediately. But there's plenty of time, and I hope he proves me wrong.

Right you are bit. He is a talented guy and our #1 but too many cut him slack. IMO Dwight Lousey and Gary colen must go! Its not just because they stunk in the first preseason game. The LOUSEY one has stunk in camp and going back to INDY last year. Coleman has been a joke for years. Time for us to develop new 4 & 5 CBs. maybe Brian Jackson will be one . How do you think he played last night?

I missed the beginning and saw very little of Cromartie and have a question about him. I saw him in what looked like bump and run coverage but he made no attempt to bump the receiver. Was he doing this all night? It was something that bothered me. Cromartie looks like he was trying to play basketball instead of football.

Gary Coleman is not an NFL player. Slowery is okay if he's the last CB on the roster. The Jets have to make a trade or hope to get lucky on the waiver wire.

I don't think Mark Sanchez will ever be able to reach Drew Brees' status. He probably tops out as an average to above average QB in this league. I just don't see that "It" factor that other young QB's have almost immediately. But there's plenty of time, and I hope he proves me wrong.

Drew Brees lacked "it" for most of his career. You know why? Because "it" is "bullsh*t."

Lowery was actually pretty ******* GREAT last year, until the Indy debacle.

Fun fact: Dwight Lowery held receivers to 3.9 yards per attempt last season. That was second only to Revis. Not just on the team, but in the entire LEAGUE.

Granted, his past history indicates that last year was an abberation. And he sucked something fierce last night. But to suggest we cut him? **** no.

So after the sack he goes 13/16 for 119 yards and 1 TD but that's average to above average? The kid made a mistake...owned it...and then came right back and ran 3 straight scoring drives. I think the only problem this kid might have with some people here is that he can't play CB as well.

Many people didnt see Drew Brees reaching Drew Brees "status". I remember him getting kicked out of town in San Diego after they drafted another QB and a shoulder injury. I remember Miami passing on him (haha). I remember the Saints being stupid for picking up a 6 foot QB that just had what many would say was a "career ending" shoulder injury. Seems like the only person who believed in such a status then was Drew Brees.

Sanchez simply needs to reach Sanchez status and IMO, he's coming along quite well. I think the Jets will do fine with that. He seems extremely dedicated to be great for just a second year guy. I rather have that then a guy who has "all the tools" but cant lay off the Codeine (JaMarcus).

I dont know what you guys are talking about.

It was already proven Brees was terrific before he was traded.

FWIW Brees was one of the best players in the NFL in 2004 and 2005 while he was still with SD.

He was a pro-bowl selection.

His shoulder injury was not career threatening.

SD was in the enviable position of having 2 top 5 qb's on the roster and had to make a choice.

Sanchez will never be as good as Drew Brees.

So after the sack he goes 13/16 for 119 yards and 1 TD but that's average to above average? The kid made a mistake...owned it...and then came right back and ran 3 straight scoring drives. I think the only problem this kid might have with some people here is that he can't play CB as well.

I wasn't talking about last night. I'm talking about overall body of work.

Many people didnt see Drew Brees reaching Drew Brees "status". I remember him getting kicked out of town in San Diego after they drafted another QB and a shoulder injury. I remember Miami passing on him (haha). I remember the Saints being stupid for picking up a 6 foot QB that just had what many would say was a "career ending" shoulder injury. Seems like the only person who believed in such a status then was Drew Brees.

Sanchez simply needs to reach Sanchez status and IMO, he's coming along quite well. I think the Jets will do fine with that. He seems extremely dedicated to be great for just a second year guy. I rather have that then a guy who has "all the tools" but cant lay off the Codeine (JaMarcus).

Not for nothing, but I felt the Chargers were making a mistake for letting Brees go. I understand why they had to though; Rivers was their guy and he's been solid for them. But Brees was a budding star before he ever left San Diego.

That's funny because the "it" factor is the one thing I see with Sanchez. I don't see the huge arm, the amazing pocket presence, the keen eye, but I feel like he has "it". It's basically the only reason I am comfortable with him.

That's funny because the "it" factor is the one thing I see with Sanchez. I don't see the huge arm, the amazing pocket presence, the keen eye, but I feel like he has "it". It's basically the only reason I am comfortable with him.

He's a great kid and he seems to be saying and doing all the right things. Again, I hope he proves me wrong, because attitude and effort are NOT problems for him unlike other QB's before him who have disappointed.

He's a great kid and he seems to be saying and doing all the right things. Again, I hope he proves me wrong, because attitude and effort are NOT problems for him unlike other QB's before him who have disappointed.

Yeah, but it's more than that. Pennington said and did all the right things too. I never felt this way about Pennington. Pennington didn't have that swagger. I remember in his early camps they had to coach him to let the ball go. He was always too risk averse, even before the shoulder injuries.

Archived