Broncos Flags

DireJet38

In Week 4 against Tenn, Denver got a call to setup Orton's game-winning TD pass to Buckhalter.

There should be NO whining from the orange-clad swine — especially Orton, who was flashing an arrogant smile before the Jets snapped the ball on 4th-and-6.

I've had this game circled since Cutler took a dump on us in the freezing rain two years ago.

HOW. SWEET. IT. IS.

That PI ...was a PI. I don't see how you can even complain about it. He grabbed the facemask and that's not even close.

Agreed 100% Unlike the call on Jimmy Leonard for helmet to helmet that gave them one of their TD's! They can go to hell. I could care less how anyone else feels about anything. We have been on the other side if this crap since I was a little kid in the 70's

We won! And I don't care what they say or how they feel.

Can someone please explain to me when it actually is OK to throw a flag at the end of the game? If a DB facemasking a WR as the ball is dropping into his hands isn't callable, then what is? He might as well have just kicked him in the nuts when the ball was in mid-air and then intercepted it.

Agreed. Crazy the little sh*t almost still made the catch.

Agreed 100% Unlike the call on Jimmy Leonard for helmet to helmet that gave them one of their TD's! They can go to hell. I could care less how anyone else feels about anything. We have been on the other side if this crap since I was a little kid in the 70's

We won! And I don't care what they say or how they feel.

That Loenhard play bothered me a lot. Either the receiver is in bounds when he catches and can be hit, or he bobbled it out of bounds. Leonhard never put his helmet on him, and that should have been obvious after the review. It was totally illogical; he's in play and caught it so he's fair game to hit, or or as they ruled after the replay, not. Instead the broncos got the best of both worlds-the catch and the 15 yards. The 15 yarder is not reviewable which is retarded.

Above all after calling 2 NONSENSE offensive PI calls agains the Jets and crippling drives early in the game, Denver can go cry to someone else. The refs had a bad day, but the last PI call was totally legit.

Can someone please explain to me when it actually is OK to throw a flag at the end of the game? If a DB facemasking a WR as the ball is dropping into his hands isn't callable, then what is? He might as well have just kicked him in the nuts when the ball was in mid-air and then intercepted it.

I'm sure you would have the same opinion if the exact same play happened against the Jets for sure.

That PI ...was a PI. I don't see how you can even complain about it. He grabbed the facemask and that's not even close.

+1

That was text book pass interference.

Grab Holmes? Check

Grab Holmes again? Check

Smack Holmes in the facemask? Check.

That Loenhard play bothered me a lot. Either the receiver is in bounds when he catches and can be hit, or he bobbled it out of bounds. Leonhard never put his helmet on him, and that should have been obvious after the review. It was totally illogical; he's in play and caught it so he's fair game to hit, or or as they ruled after the replay, not. Instead the broncos got the best of both worlds-the catch and the 15 yards. The 15 yarder is not reviewable which is retarded.

Above all after calling 2 NONSENSE offensive PI calls agains the Jets and crippling drives early in the game, Denver can go cry to someone else. The refs had a bad day, but the last PI call was totally legit.

That was a very bad call. It was a clean shot while he was still in bounds. Just terrible.

I'm sure you would have the same opinion if the exact same play happened against the Jets for sure.

They were saying on ESPN that they should've called a facemask rather than PI, but I don't agree. The ball was in the air. If a defender holds a receiver while the ball's in the air, it's PI, not holding. You grab a guy's facemask with the ball in the air, that's PI, too.

There was a lot of contact before that facemask was grabbed, too.

LOL

And FYI, I just stole this for tweeting that disingenuous prick Bill Simmons

I really hate the way these refs are handling those helmet-to-helmet and defenseless receiver calls now. It's getting to the point where any time there's and aggressive tackle on the field everybody immediately starts looking for flags. I understand the philosophy behind the rule, but the application is for sh!t right now.

They were saying on ESPN that they should've called a facemask rather than PI, but I don't agree. The ball was in the air. If a defender holds a receiver while the ball's in the air, it's PI, not holding. You grab a guy's facemask with the ball in the air, that's PI, too.

+1

Rule book PI is when a DB interferes when the ball is in the air. If the ball hand't been thrown yet then it is a holding penalty. There is no facemasking penalty in that situation. It's either PI or not. End of story. The DB should have done a better job.

I really hate the way these refs are handling those helmet-to-helmet and defenseless receiver calls now. It's getting to the point where any time there's and aggressive tackle on the field everybody immediately starts looking for flags. I understand the philosophy behind the rule, but the application is for sh!t right now.

Pretty much. Kind of takes the fun out of it. Any big collision has a chance of a flag.

Whatever it was it was a penalty but it wasn't a hands down no brainer like some want to make it out to be. On a 4th and whatever, on a bomb to basically win the game either way...where both players are falling down, it must be a tough one to swollow for Broncos fans. The refs were such a disgrace the entire game who knows. I can't remember ever seeing 3 OPIs in one game. Especially after watching Moss play twice already this year, those OPI were a complete joke, all 3. If there is one thing hurting the NFL it's the sh*tty refs imo.

No. You are wrong.

If you kick him in the nuts you must knock the ball down. That is fine.

If you kick him in the nuts and intercept the ball they will throw the flag. They have to protect the QB's passer rating.

Whatever it was it was a penalty but it wasn't a hands down no brainer like some want to make it out to be. On a 4th and whatever, on a bomb to basically win the game either way...where both players are falling down, it must be a tough one to swollow for Broncos fans. The refs were such a disgrace the entire game who knows. I can't remember ever seeing 3 OPIs in one game. Especially after watching Moss play twice already this year, those OPI were a complete joke, all 3. If there is one thing hurting the NFL it's the shitty refs imo.

I don't think the refs are shitty. I think the NFL is ruining the game though. This whole incompletion thing where the ball rotates 1/10 of an inch while in the receivers hands and he is 2 yards out of bounds is complete garbage.

They changed the rules on defense years ago, that is why you see so many interference calls today.

Let them play. Just no grabbing the face mask. :)

Never, you can never call a flag at the end of the game. If flags lead to TDs earlier in the game it doesn't mean anything, only if it happens at the end of the game. Points aren't cumulative in the NFL, didn't you know that?

Oh... and repped.

Whatever it was it was a penalty but it wasn't a hands down no brainer like some want to make it out to be. On a 4th and whatever, on a bomb to basically win the game either way...where both players are falling down, it must be a tough one to swollow for Broncos fans. The refs were such a disgrace the entire game who knows. I can't remember ever seeing 3 OPIs in one game. Especially after watching Moss play twice already this year, those OPI were a complete joke, all 3. If there is one thing hurting the NFL it's the sh*tty refs imo.

I must situations I'd agree with you, but he had too good of an opportunity to make the catch. Both hands on the ball and the defenders yanks his face mask?

The call had to be made. The shocking part was he was behind the play and still made the call.

I don't think the refs are sh*tty. I think the NFL is ruining the game though. This whole incompletion thing where the ball rotates 1/10 of an inch while in the receivers hands and he is 2 yards out of bounds is complete garbage.

They changed the rules on defense years ago, that is why you see so many interference calls today.

Let them play. Just no grabbing the face mask. :)

Yeah and you're right, well said. What is KILLING me is how the rules seem to change every year now and it's like you don't even know until the freaking call or non call is made. I'm always like "that's a ******* flag!!!!!! Er I think. Well is was. Once" nowadays.

I must situations I'd agree with you, but he had too good of an opportunity to make the catch. Both hands on the ball and the defenders yanks his face mask?

The call had to be made. The shocking part was he was behind the play and still made the call.

Revis' arm bar in the end zone at the end of the first half was probably a "must" call to Bronco fans. Just saying.

Revis' arm bar in the end zone at the end of the first half was probably a "must" call to Bronco fans. Just saying.

Which could have been negated by TD by Thomas where he bobbled it all the way out of bounds. This really seemed to be a terribly ref game. I don't know how you get 3 OPI calls and miss some HUGE offensive holding penalties.

If we're really getting into that then I'd say we still came out a lot worse.

The PI was blatant. Holmes got himself in position to make a play and he was having his pulled backwards. HAVE to call that. You have to!

Santonio's hand-eye is off the charts.

I couldn't believe he got in position to catch that ball and had his hands on it.

Amazing.

If his eyesight is so good, how come he couldn't see a 6'3" Braylon Edwards right in front of him earlier in the game?

Just sayin' :)

If his eyesight is so good, how come he couldn't see a 6'3" Braylon Edwards right in front of him earlier in the game?

Just sayin' :)

His eyesight is so good he actually saw through Braylon and thought he had an open path to the endzone.

On another note: I never put much into the "refs are ruining the game" thing but once in a while...man o' man. Today was an absolutely horrendous day for the refs. They got everything wrong on both sides of the ball--and we got the worst of it by far. The last PI call was absolutely legit. The Db rapes Holmes because Holmes is about to haul it in. He took a shot and lost. Even these refs couldn't eff up that call.

Agreed. I've seen the DeSean Jackson hit at least a dozen times now and I'm still waiting to see what's illegal. It's clear that the default setting is to flag any nasty hit and sort out the details later. This is what will kill the golden goose; defenses find no refuge in a jurisprudence of doubt.

I'm at the point where I believe that the NFL is fixed.

Whether the ref's are paid off by gamblers or the league influences or permits the ref's bias, it doesn't matter. These obviously terrible game changing calls are BS.

After 40 years I'm almost to the point where I'll quit watching. We can't beat the other team and the ref's all year.

I'm at the point where I believe that the NFL is fixed.

Whether the ref's are paid off by gamblers or the league influences or permits the ref's bias, it doesn't matter. These obviously terrible game changing calls are BS.

After 40 years I'm almost to the point where I'll quit watching. We can't beat the other team and the ref's all year.

Without the 40 years...This.

I've been saying it for weeks.

Me too. The refs are so damn shell shocked that they call almost anything an illegal hit. It's a shame because Leonard actually made a beautiful and clean hit while a guy was in bounds and he gets called. I hate the new pussified side of the NFL. Especially when it leads to a TD against the Jets in a tight game

Archived