The Black Ryan Leaf, and other Geno Smith Bashing (Merged)

BurnleyJet

NFL insider calls Geno Smith the black Ryan Leaf

Stephen A. Smith on ESPN First Take today:

"I have somebody incredibly connected to the NFL, works in the NFL, works with numerous players. You know what he texted me with this morning, and called Geno Smith? He called him the black Ryan Leaf. He says if he doesn’t get his act together, that’s what he’s going to end up being, because his mouth is going to get him in trouble because he doesn’t have the game to match it….I think Geno Smith needs to hear that so he can guard against it and get his mind right so he can perform. So that’s what people in the NFL are saying about you, Geno. Take notice and make sure you don’t give them ammunition to think like that."

At the 32:00 mark in this podcast: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9235272

You can't make this Sh@t up, the Jet hate is unreal.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if he ends up being a total bust, he was a 2nd round pick. Ryan Leaf was picked 2nd OVERALL. Huge difference.

Exactly. Or how about if we call him the black Vince Young, or the black Jemarcus Russell? Makes no sense. All those guys were picked way earlier. If Geno busts - then he will just be a second round pick that didn't work out. If he plays good - no one would care if he set up a dog fighting operation. 

Exactly. OR how about if we call him the black Vince Young, or the black Jemarcus Russell? Makes no sense. All those guys were picked way earlier. If Geno busts - then he will just be a second round pick that didn't work out. If he plays good - no one would care if he set up a dog fighting operation. 

I totally ninja'd you, RSJ.  :P

Wasn't Jamarcus Russell already the black Ryan Leaf?

Or Vince Young?

Wasn't Matt Leinart the white Ryan Leaf already?

Or is that just reserved for Jets picks?

So true ....I feel like the media wants to turn everything we do as a negative. I bet if Geno was picked by any of the other 31 teams in the second round it will be hailed as the greatest franchise altering steal in the draft

Even if he ends up being a total bust, he was a 2nd round pick. Ryan Leaf was picked 2nd OVERALL. Huge difference.

And there is no Peyton Manning this year for a lot of experts to say Geno is more talented than.

Who the **** listens to 32 minutes of a Stephen A Smith podcast?   

I usually make it up to the part when he says, "Holllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaa attttttt ccccccchaaaaaaaaaaaaa boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyz", which is about 32 seconds (well, 32 seconds until he says it plus 32 seconds of actually saying it = 64 seconds or 1:04).

Man, Smith better be careful here.  All signs indicate that Smith doesn’t handle criticism, or personal adversity well.  I think mostly because of his predraft tweet, about “all the so called experts in the media”  he put a bulls eye on his back, and they are coming after him.  They smell blood in the water.

So far it has mostly been the national media poking at him.  He hasn’t even gotten to the barbarians in the NYC media.

Right now they think they have an immature player.  Their baiting him.   Trying to get a reaction. Their going to try to make him this year’s Tebow.

If he takes the bait the scribes will destroy this kid before he even gets to the season.

He’s got to keep his mouth shut, and take the punches when he gets back in town next week

You guys will be calling him VaGeno before the seasons over.

Mark my words.

Was calling him that before the draft.

You always were ahead of the curve.

Always thought you were a douche so I guess you're right.

LMAO

Archived