•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Signs point to Rex Ryan's return

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,613 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

By Adam Schefter | ESPN

A season that was supposed to be Rex Ryan's last with the New York Jets has gone so well that one source close to the situation told ESPN this week that "the arrow now points to Rex being back next season."

30072.jpg
Ryan

There are still 11 games to play, and a lot can change with Ryan scheduled to be headed into the last year of his deal next season. But Ryan and new general manager John Idzik have gotten along better than many around the organization and the league believed they would.

Ryan's brashness has complemented Idzik's reserved nature. Plus, Ryan always has had the support of Jets owner Woody Johnson, and that has not wavered.

Ryan is 37-32 since becoming the Jets' coach in 2009.

http://espn.go.com/n...-york-jets-2014

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#2 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,143 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

unless mcelroy has some cell phone pics he's sitting on, lol

“I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.”

#3 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,621 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

You pick now to post this? Always stirring sh*t up

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#4 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 27,283 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Anonymous sources are viable now and this article was from 10 AM this morning.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#5 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,613 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Anonymous sources are viable now and this article was from 10 AM this morning.

The article time stamp that I saw was from 2:44pm.  I just saw it and posted it.  It is a relevant story.  And I have been saying this for a long time, Rex Ryan will be back.  All this talk about getting another coach is silly.  Not going to happen.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#6 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,881 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Idzik rules
Posted Image

#7 Irish Jet

Irish Jet

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

#8 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

They lost today so not happening. 

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#9 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,671 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

You people realize that the sh*t you say about Rex is the exact same sh*t Pac has spent 4+ years saying about Sanchez, right?

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#10 sourceworx

sourceworx

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

If this were from Cimini or Manish, I wouldn't believe it. But it's Schefter, who is a bit more credible.

#11 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

You people realize that the sh*t you say about Rex is the exact same sh*t Pac has spent 4+ years saying about Sanchez, right?

False 

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#12 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

Of course the idiots running the Jets thought their sh*t didn't stink after beating a few bad teams. 

Tank for Teddy.

#13 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

I wouldn't mind it if Ryan were to be retained.  The team could use a good defensive coordinator to pair with MM. 

#14 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

way too early to make this call.    If the Jets finish 3-13 I am pretty sure that Rex is out the door, rebuilding year or not.  

#15 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

This ^^^^

#16 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 27,283 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

The article time stamp that I saw was from 2:44pm. I just saw it and posted it. It is a relevant story. And I have been saying this for a long time, Rex Ryan will be back. All this talk about getting another coach is silly. Not going to happen.

Schefter tweeted this at 10 AM. It's as relevant as SeñorGato reporting on Ducasse's potential.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#17 MexiRoll6

MexiRoll6

Not very popular, apparently

• Members
  • 783 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in tennesee

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

The article time stamp that I saw was from 2:44pm.  I just saw it and posted it.  It is a relevant story.  And I have been saying this for a long time, Rex Ryan will be back.  All this talk about getting another coach is silly.  Not going to happen.

We'll see. Ryan has a LOT of flaws as a HC. Has a few saving graces but mostly the Jets will be what they already are under Rex. Inconsistent, and offensively challenged. Rex was clearly outcoached against Pittsburgh. His defense didn't tackle well and allowed too many screen passes to go for first downs. Marty called a piss poor game as well with his QB's head wedged firmly up his own a$$.

Where have you gone Walt Michaels?

#18 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 33,885 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Jets signed Garrard this week because they think they are s playoff team. Think about that for a second.... Okay, Jets lost at home, pathetically, to a winless Steelers team.

sh*t writes itself.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#19 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,410 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Rex bangs hotties?

#20 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 33,885 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

You spent 4 years paying attention to Pac. This explains a lot.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#21 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,613 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

Schefter tweeted this at 10 AM. It's as relevant as SeñorGato reporting on Ducasse's potential.

A rookie QB crapped in the bed today.  They need wideouts and a year to look at Geno and see what they want to do.  The loss today changes none of that.

What they know is that Rex has toned down his act.  And that he is getting along well with Idzik.  They are on the same page.  Rex will be retained.  Take that to the bank!

#22 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,871 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm hoping they resign him.

#23 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 33,885 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

A rookie QB crapped in the bed today.  They need wideouts and a year to look at Geno and see what they want to do.  The loss today changes none of that.

What they know is that Rex has toned down his act.  And that he is getting along well with Idzik.  They are on the same page.  Rex will be retained.  Take that to the bank!

I think Rex is doing more good coaching than bad this year. Honestly, his weaknesses would not be so glaring if he had any talent on this team beyond the defensive line.

WR = HOT garbage, inconsistent hands, no speed, no experience.

RB = uninspiring at best, no explosion, can't carry team when needed.

TE = practice squad for all but maybe 3 other teams in the NFL.

QB = inexperience, inexperience, no knees.

OL = Good, most of the time (can't be blamed for rookie QB holding ball too long).

DL = Stellar.

LB = Very good inside, outside leaves much to be desired.

DB = Awful, the ones that can cover cannot tackle, the ones that can tackle can't cover.

The good news is, we are strong in the trenches. The bad news is, we are in almost exactly in the same spot we were with Sanchez, actually quite a bit worse... and we're not going to back our way into the playoffs this time.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#24 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,176 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

I think Rex is doing more good coaching than bad this year. Honestly, his weaknesses would not be so glaring if he had any talent on this team beyond the defensive line.

WR = HOT garbage, inconsistent hands, no speed, no experience.

RB = uninspiring at best, no explosion, can't carry team when needed.

TE = practice squad for all but maybe 3 other teams in the NFL.

QB = inexperience, inexperience, no knees.

OL = Good, most of the time (can't be blamed for rookie QB holding ball too long).

DL = Stellar.

LB = Very good inside, outside leaves much to be desired.

DB = Awful, the ones that can cover cannot tackle, the ones that can tackle can't cover.

The good news is, we are strong in the trenches. The bad news is, we are in almost exactly in the same spot we were with Sanchez, actually quite a bit worse... and we're not going to back our way into the playoffs this time.

pretty much agree with all of this .I also have a problem with how our RB's are currently being used I would like to see them used much more in the passing game it would have worked nicely yesterday vs the Steelers yet we still tried to go down field to WR's who could not get open vs a good secondary. It seems the only time our passing game works is when we play against a horrid secondary and it has been that way for about 5 years.

Proud Member of the AVM

#25 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

Frankly I think all the playoff talk was crazy time.  People, keep your bets buckled.  This will be an up and down year.  What you look for is a fairly consistent Geno in the last 4 games of the season.  If for some reason we look up then and are in the race, go get your bowels in an uproar.  As for our OL, they have not been that good.  Yes, sometimes he holds it too long but Geno has not been well protected, for the most part.  I keep hearing in the papers how brilliant Mangold is at calling protections, well, I don't see it.  Teams that blitz have been eating our lunch.   Our wideouts suck.  Plainly they suck. I am not sure they are even running the right routes out there a lot of the time. We now have one TE capable of getting open.  Our DL was supposed to swallow the Pitt OL whole yesterday.  Did not happen. Our DB's blow. We really need to find out what Milliner is.   Here is the snapshot I took from yesterday's game:  that FG drive at the end of the half.  Nobody thought we would get 3 there.  Also, Geno showed the ability to make some difficult throws.  Bilal Powell is a tough runner.  Not great, tough.  He needs a better line in front of him.  Cumberland might be a keeper.  Demario Davis is very fast.  That's about it.  I am amazed we are 3-3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users