•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Double A playing CB 2 int's today

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 F.Chowds

F.Chowds

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Antonio Allen with his second INT today. Was running step for step down the sideline with Stephen Hill. Excellent coverage. #nyj

Football player (secret position)Antonio Allen with 2nd pick of practice. This one off Vick #nyj

A player who rhymes with Shmantonio Shmallen might be playing a position that rhymes with shmornerback today. But I can't be specific.

Antonio Allen, covering Hill, picks Vick on underthrown deep ball. Big day for Allen. #nyj

Double A has two picks. Vick throws a long one up the left sideline and Antonio Allen wins the battle with the WR.

#2 F.Chowds

F.Chowds

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

to me it's amazing what Rex can do with these guy's...

#3 Jets Voice of Reason

Jets Voice of Reason

Are you listening?

• Members
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

to me it's amazing what Rex can do with these guy's...

Gotta give props to Allen too. He was kind of a hybrid safety/linebacker in college, was cut by us, and is fighting to stay on the team. Rooting for him to work out.

Remember that time a few months ago when I said I had blue balls, and you, well, you gave a brother a hand?

That would be it for me..

#4 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,545 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

Gotta give props to Allen too. He was kind of a hybrid safety/linebacker in college, was cut by us, and is fighting to stay on the team. Rooting for him to work out.

He pick 6'd Brady.  For that alone he deserves a spot on the team for as long as possible.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#5 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 16,693 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

I like Allen a lot, but it's Stephen Hill and Vick's arm. Let's not start sucking each other's c-cks just yet.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#6 sourceworx

sourceworx

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

I swear that Rex is a f*cking defensive magician.

We're lucky to have him.

#7 Arsis

Arsis

An Original JNer

• Members
  • 18,057 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

I like Allen a lot, but it's Stephen Hill and Vick's arm. Let's not start sucking each other's c-cks just yet.

Can we do that anyway? Because it's fun?

#8 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,545 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

buzzkillington.jpg

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#9 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,916 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

NFL storyline of the year -- AA starts at CB and goes on to an all-pro season.  Back to the real world, he probably cannot get burned any more than aging couch-potato Asante Samuel.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#10 F.Chowds

F.Chowds

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

Secondary coach Tim McDonald on CB injuries: it's an opportunity for a lot of guys to step up #jets

McDonald on Antonio Allen practicing at CB: It's not something that's permanent, but it's something we're taking a look at. ...he's talented

#11 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,359 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Yes he was.  Runs a 4.58 40 yard dash.  You like your corners a little faster, but there are corners playing in the NFL with that time.

#12 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 33,701 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

I wondered if they might dip into the safety depth and play someone out of position. Hell, if they can do it with Joe McKnight, then a safety would be a much easier task.

Cheers to Allen. Dude just wants to be on this team.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#13 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,545 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

I wondered if they might dip into the safety depth and play someone out of position. Hell, if they can do it with Joe McKnight, then a safety would be a much easier task.

Cheers to Allen. Dude just wants to be on this team.

Could Allen moving to corner be a signal we're going to play a lot more zone?  It would be hard to expect Allen to play the kind of man coverage Rex has come to expect out of his other CB's.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#14 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 33,701 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

Could Allen moving to corner be a signal we're going to play a lot more zone?  It would be hard to expect Allen to play the kind of man coverage Rex has come to expect out of his other CB's.

I wouldn't be the person to ask, but it's a good question.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#15 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,352 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

Antonio Allen with his second INT today. Was running step for step down the sideline with Stephen Hill. Excellent coverage. #nyj

Good for Allen, but I'm afraid this is more an indictment against Hill until I see otherwise. A guy with Allen's timed speed running step for step with a receiver the Jets took specifically because of his speed. Disheartening. 

back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#16 deucebag

deucebag

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

I think our personnel is more in line with a cover-2 scheme, even before the injuries.

#17 Thor99

Thor99

Making friends since 1970

• Moderators
  • 18,610 posts
  • LocationLeland, NC

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

Good for Allen, but I'm afraid this is more an indictment against Hill until I see otherwise. A guy with Allen's timed speed running step for step with a receiver the Jets took specifically because of his speed. Disheartening.

I read that it was under thrown. I'm sure Hill was slowing down.
Look at me
I'm a tangled puppet
I might be a mess
But I sure can survive

#18 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 3,298 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

Good for Allen, but I'm afraid this is more an indictment against Hill until I see otherwise. A guy with Allen's timed speed running step for step with a receiver the Jets took specifically because of his speed. Disheartening. 

If the ball landed where they were then that insinuates the QB kinda regulated the speed of the route. I'm sure Hill could have run faster but how silly would he look if he was running really fast and the ball landed 10 yes behind him?   That's actually a funny thought to me.  I will LOL Now. 

Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

/Users/christopherteaney/Downloads/dark-elf-shaiya.jpg

#19 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,095 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

I think our personnel is more in line with a cover-2 scheme, even before the injuries.

And with the even newer Peyton rules, you pretty much have to now anyways. Especially if the call it like they have in the preseason.

#20 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,095 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

Good for Allen, but I'm afraid this is more an indictment against Hill until I see otherwise. A guy with Allen's timed speed running step for step with a receiver the Jets took specifically because of his speed. Disheartening.

Time to come to grips with Stephen Hill not being very good.

Edited by Matt39, 11 August 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#21 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,967 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

Time to come to grips with Stephen Hill being not very good.

I have to see the play before i start beating down on a player. There is possibility he slowed down because the ball was underthrown.

#22 CotcheryifyouCan

CotcheryifyouCan

J-E-T-S

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

allen is one of my favorite players. loved him out of south carolina and thought he played real well last year especially against graham and gronk. kids got a lot of heart

#23 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 27,073 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Considering that Hill has been ritually barbecuing Dee Milliner all summer, the fact that Allen was even close enough to make a play on the ball is a good sign regardless.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#24 sourceworx

sourceworx

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

I have to see the play before i start beating down on a player. There is possibility he slowed down because the ball was underthrown.

Or maybe, just maybe, Allen made a play?

I know, I know. That couldn't have happened. Someone has to suck.

#25 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,967 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

Or maybe, just maybe, Allen made a play?

I know, I know. That couldn't have happened. Someone has to suck.

Wow...just wow. All i can say is the troll act is getting old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users