Glazer reporting Harbaugh is out regardless if the Niners win the Super Bowl - It's Time for Woody to Sign him up! (Merged)

Matt39

It's the same conversation. There's no discussion of Harbaugh leaving SF without discussing the potential of him replacing Rex Ryan.

Wow, just wow. So why was this guy completely out of the league for three years, unable to find anything but a consultant job after that. Think about it. You're glorifying the guy, but he's terrible. Like, Rich Kotite terrible (another guy who got credit for some decent drafting). I wouldn't let him anywhere near the organization.

But yeah, I'm sure a lot of tight end coaches make the move to GM, and some lucky team will swoop him up.

read the headings you bully goon :P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, just wow. So why was this guy completely out of the league for three years, unable to find anything but a consultant job after that. Think about it. You're glorifying the guy, but he's terrible. Like, Rich Kotite terrible (another guy who got credit for some decent drafting). I wouldn't let him anywhere near the organization.

But yeah, I'm sure a lot of tight end coaches make the move to GM, and some lucky team will swoop him up.

Glorifying? Decent drafting? Did you even watch this team after Rich Kotite was fired? I can't answer your questions because, who could? Do you know the story of Mike Pettine? The guy was coaching high school football outside of Pittsburgh and quit to go cut film for the Baltimore Ravens. You make it sound like CEO's never got a start in a mailroom before. Your who response is just stupid.

Glorifying? Decent drafting? Did you even watch this team after Rich Kotite was fired? I can't answer your questions because, who could? Do you know the story of Mike Pettine? The guy was coaching high school football outside of Pittsburgh and quit to go cut film for the Baltimore Ravens. You make it sound like CEO's never got a start in a mailroom before. Your who response is just stupid.

Mike Pettine wasn't an NFL head coach who left to coach high school ball. Eric Mangini was an NFL head coach on two different teams, who then found himself out of football for three years before landing a job consulting.

If mine who response is just stupid, then the rest of the NFL is equally stupid. Except the '9ers, who were genius enough to pick up the genius off the scrap heap and promote him all the way to TE coach.

Oh, and not a lot of CEOs get their start in the mail room, either.

Iam not so caught up on the Harbaugh bandwagon. I would rather get a top notch offensive minded coach and try to pry away Vic Fangio from 49ers to take care of the defense.

I don't want my HC to be the guy who quits his team at the start of the season andnot give it his 100% unless it some critical medical issue that stops him. So that kindda rules out Cowher as well.

You want a winner ?

When this season is over no matter what the outcome get rid of the Idzik / Rex debacle and bring in Jim Harbaugh Let him run your football operations and be the HC. He can choose the GM since he will be calling the shots on draft day anyhow. Make it happen Woody make us a winner pay this man whatever he wants ...

Harbaugh will bring

1. Discipline

2. Real offensive coaching

3. Top Notch talent evaluation

4. Professional attitude this team has not seen since Parcells (had some with Mangini but no one liked his methods)

Make it happen Woody Harbaugh is a winner and he will hold his players and coaches accountable./ We've waited long enough.

remember when Hess brought in Parcells claiming he wanted to see a SB realizing the coaches this team employed through the 80's and 90's were more the problem than the players. With  real coaching this team wins 2 maybe 3 SB's in the 80's easily.

Discipline ?

Sports Events
Comments and discussions on major sports events
San Francisco 49ers tied for most player arrests in 2014 so far
Posted on Tuesday, April 15 at 9:13am | By Seung Lee

It seems like there’s a bevy of arrests in every NFL offseason. In light of San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith’s alleged bomb threat and his subsequent arrest at the Los Angeles International Airport last Friday, we have assembled a gallery of all 16 player arrests (and a special appearance by a NFL team owner) in 2014 so far.

Of the 17 arrests, the 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens were tied with most, with three each.

Although most of the players on this list came out relatively unscathed, some paid a heavy price for their arrests. Two players on the list were cut from their former teams soon after the news broke.

What do you think is Aldon Smith’s future with the Niners after his fourth run-in with the law? Can the Niners afford to keep Smith with his history of off-the-field troubles?

http://blog.sfgate.com/sportsevents/2014/04/15/san-francisco-49ers-tied-for-most-player-arrests-in-2014-so-far/

I'll take Harbaugh too.  Though I agree he will wear out his welcome in short order, I think he's a top notch coach.  I'd love to bring Kaepernick to NY along w/ him.  I actually don't like either guy (they both seem like jerks) but I think they're both very good at what they do.

Regardless, I think Harbaugh is going to Michigan.  I absolutely hope he doesn't end up in Miami.  We got so lucky Saban left Miami so quickly.  He would've turned that team around.

Think Harbaugh will be in Ann Arbor by next March regardless. And the genius owner of the Jets manages to chase away primo coaches and front office people with insane requirements anyway. Again the Jets'  biggest problem continues to be an owner that wants to keep the band together every year. Harbaugh will not be coming here. Nor Cowher. Nor any primo head coach that has function grey matter.  Because Johnson would invariably try to keep Idizik (and Bradway still!) around rather than clean house. 

Just saying.. imagine Rex as our D coordinator and Harbaugh as our HC/OC.

The has never happened. Gunther Cunningham went back to KC to be a coordinator after they fired him, but it was several years. And what HC is gonna sign off on that? 

Michigan is a DEAD zone

look at Rich Rod now

With the 4 team playoff the college football  is about to be the 2nd biggest sports thing in the US. Michigan with Harbaugh would be in the final 4 within 2 years of him taking the job. And his personality is better suited to college since the cast changes every 4 years. The screaming thing is not gonna work in the NFL any more, or at least not for long.

I neg rep anyone who advocates for Rex in any capacity whatsoever:

He's the worst thing about this franchise, and his ability to hoodwink such a large percentage of the fanbase disgusts me to no end. 

I have been one of the biggest proponents of getting Rex the hell out of here so If I want Idzik out before Rex that must tell you how much I can't stand Idzik

Discipline ?

Sports Events
Comments and discussions on major sports events
San Francisco 49ers tied for most player arrests in 2014 so far
Posted on Tuesday, April 15 at 9:13am | By Seung Lee

It seems like there’s a bevy of arrests in every NFL offseason. In light of San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith’s alleged bomb threat and his subsequent arrest at the Los Angeles International Airport last Friday, we have assembled a gallery of all 16 player arrests (and a special appearance by a NFL team owner) in 2014 so far.

Of the 17 arrests, the 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens were tied with most, with three each.

Although most of the players on this list came out relatively unscathed, some paid a heavy price for their arrests. Two players on the list were cut from their former teams soon after the news broke.

What do you think is Aldon Smith’s future with the Niners after his fourth run-in with the law? Can the Niners afford to keep Smith with his history of off-the-field troubles?

http://blog.sfgate.com/sportsevents/2014/04/15/san-francisco-49ers-tied-for-most-player-arrests-in-2014-so-far/

I am talking Discipline within the organizations control what they do on the outside is anybodys guess and has nothing to do whith my point being directed at football disiclipine

Yeah idk. I feel like we need to find a new front office first.

Honestly, if we don't get rid of Bradway finally, after all these years of draft incompetence, then I'll never believe anyone in this organization truly gives a sh*t about changing things.

Archived