Jets to pass on Mariota if available and will trade down with Eagles--Source (Dyer)

T0mShane

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Washington is still the sleeper team for Cleveland or St Louis to move up, maybe not so much for Philly because of the divisional rivalry. Washington needs to recoup picks from the RGIII deal.

Anyone for Sam Bradfrord and the 10th pick plus more draft picks?

Why leak that you don't want Mariota? Unless they actually want him...

Could be myriad reasons something like this gets out, from both sides. Every NFL reporter is hyper focused on Chip Kelly right now. Every rumor is going to be blown up.

As it pertains to the last six years of stupidity, that was a trend.

Alternate View: Jets want Mariota, but do not want to trade for him. They leak that they have no interest in said quarterback and would trade him if available, dissuading Philly and other teams from trading ahead of the 6th overall pick. Orrr, they really just don't want him. Between January and April, it's pretty difficult to believe/take anything at face-value.

I hope you're right. I want him to be a Jet.

I do not believe 90% of "leaks" this time of year. And there is no way to know the 10% that is true.

This story kills the Jets leverage if they really don't like him. The only reason for any team to trade up to #6 then is if they fear the Bears will take Mariota.

Personally, I will be livid if MM is there at 6 and the Jets do anything other than draft him or get a big package. Dtafting another player would be a horrific error.

Alternate View: Jets want Mariota, but do not want to trade for him. They leak that they have no interest in said quarterback and would trade him if available, dissuading Philly and other teams from trading ahead of the 6th overall pick.  Orrr, they really just don't want him. Between January and April, it's pretty difficult to believe/take anything at face-value. 

Yeah could easily be a smokescreen. Let the draft day posturing begin.

i don't believe Chip really wants Mariota that badly.  1st off Foles is better than him. ALl this talk about the Jets getting Foles in a trade up is John Madden fantasy garbage. Never going to happen. 

a smart GM/HC wouldn't trade up only to run Mariota into the teeth of NFL D's like in college. He'd be battered and crushed up like what happened to RG3. 

in general Chip is more worried about his defense than his offense.

I don't buy it.  Why would the Jets make this public in any way shape or form.  It completely destroys any negotiation power they may have.

It may very well be the truth but this is simply speculation...

Not really. Its not like a secret Kelly longs for Mariotta.  If he's there for the Jets at 6, Kelly will make them an  offer they cant refuse

1ead7a438274ea85ae313a7bec9b61c6_600x400

I do not believe 90% of "leaks" this time of year. And there is no way to know the 10% that is true.

This story kills the Jets leverage if they really don't like him. The only reason for any team to trade up to #6 then is if they fear the Bears will take Mariota.

Personally, I will be livid if MM is there at 6 and the Jets do anything other than draft him or get a big package. Dtafting another player would be a horrific error.

How can you be so sure it will be a horrible error..? Didn't half of us say the same with Richardson? So if the jets come away with anyone other then mariota its horrible? Picking mariota could be horrible. Point is.. Its ignorant to say that in early march.

Yours and mine both. There are just too many possibilities for this to get all the way to us. Even the assumption that the Skins won't be a trade partner with the Eagles. They worked out a deal for Mcnabb not too long ago don't forget.

The Titans are taking Mariota anyway imo and if not Cleveland or St.Louis will jump us. Jacksonville would sure love a nice haul too. The idea that they are stuck on the DT is silly. Throw in the crazy Raiders and its downright mayhem up in front of us.

I don't think there is any way the raiders trade down. they are taking white or cooper and they are not going to risk losing out by trading down

I don't think there is any way the raiders trade down. they are taking white or cooper and they are not going to risk losing out by trading down

I agree with you, but they are an unpredictable lot over there in Oakland and ya just never know with them. They can end up trading back to 20 for one extra number 2 and taking a long snapper. lol 

This I agree with. If, in fact MM is there at 6, we have two options. The best option is what is being discussed in this thread. Getting Foles, and an extra number one next year and a 2 this year or what have you, would be a fantastic first move for this franchise. It's also the only way you don't take the potentially big time QB if he's there with your pick. Sure we might get a good player there but the QB is th right move.

If we do take MM at 6 we need to sign a Matt Moore type and let MM sit for a year. That would be the right way to handle this situation if it it plays out.

Sad part is MM is going number 2 in this draft. Whether to the Titans or their trade partner.

Al Davis lurks in the halls. They will draft Kevin White - dude is a FREAK.

If Chip wants Mariota so bad you wonder why he didn't use McCoy as a piece to move up instead for a hurt linebacker.

Because McCoy wasn't that big in demand. Most nfl gm's don't think of McCoy as highly as internet posters who use fantasy drafts to evaluate players.

We can get Bridge in the 5th or 6th round no need to use the 6 pick on a project qb.

LOL Yeah, lets get on THAT merry go round, instead. ******* brilliant.

Against

Kent St.

Georgia Southern

Troy St.

Navy

Bowling Green

Applalachian State

Georgia St.

Idaho

Mississippi St

South Carolina

LALAF (whoever the **** that is)

He threw for 51% with 15 tds and 13 turnovers and this is the guy you want us to pass on Mariota for.

Archived