Jets Should Sign Greg Hardy

SR24

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the jets are shopping in the under a million aisle now.  they have to save money for rookies, and most teams want $5 million for in season moves for injuries

I think the jets have $15 million in space and need to set aside $9 million for rookies and in season moves

so I think they basically have around $6 million left to play with

I said the same thing in the "tweet" thread.   I usually don't make off-the-field issues all that important in deciding who to play, but in Hardy's case I would.  What he did was so dreadful and so malicious, I don't want this bastard anywhere near the young players on my team.  An emphatic NO to Hardy, no matter how good he is on the field.  Anyone who hasn't read the testimony from the trial really should before even considering this assshole.  Sorry, but Hardy crosses the "horrible human being" line and instead of the Jets he should be in prison.   /endrant

WIlkerson deal?  Please.  Pretty please.  With sugar on top.

I agree

Wilk doens't say much, but it has to piss you off when you are the good player, do everything, and everyone else is getting taken care of.  Pay Wilk, and draft a passrusher, and O Line, O Line and O Line. 

the jets are shopping in the under a million aisle now.  they have to save money for rookies, and most teams want $5 million for in season moves for injuries

I think the jets have $15 million in space and need to set aside $9 million for rookies and in season moves

so I think they basically have around $6 million left to play with

And I prefer we keep that last $6mil and carry it over to 2016. Will need it when extending a few contracts.

I agree

Wilk doens't say much, but it has to piss you off when you are the good player, do everything, and everyone else is getting taken care of.  Pay Wilk, and draft a passrusher, and O Line, O Line and O Line. 

I didn't realize Wilkerson was playing for peanuts.

He's on a rookie deal and it is paying him $7mil. The only thing I'd be pissed of at if I was Mo, would be that its not 2016 yet. Its not like he's anything less than $13-14 mil a yr starting next yr so why not use him for cheap when you have a chance? Mo will not extend for less than $13mil a yr even if we did that this year. There's no such thing as home town discount. Some players prefer not to change teams and move their families for a minor raise, but don't confuse that with hometown discount.

I didn't realize Wilkerson was playing for peanuts.

He's on a rookie deal and it is paying him $7mil. The only thing I'd be pissed of at if I was Mo, would be that its not 2016 yet. Its not like he's anything less than $13-14 mil a yr starting next yr so why not use him for cheap when you have a chance? Mo will not extend for less than $13mil a yr even if we did that this year. There's no such thing as home town discount. Some players prefer not to change teams and move their families for a minor raise, but don't confuse that with hometown discount.

You can extend, without tearing up this years deal.  Not a re-do, and extension, where part of the siging bouns hits on this years cap.  And with him, the longer you wait, the more it will cost.

Don't see how Hardy would be a negative signing. Once he starts playing well again the past will be on the back burner. I'm more worried about his fit on the defense and locker room. The litigation process has ended so it's no time to play judge but more so to handling the business of making our team better. Would hope he goes to consoling and everything works out for him in the future.

Cut Pace , Babin, Walls easy 4.5 mill off cap to add onto whatever we have.

So you're going to create three holes on the team for what purpose? None of these guys make a ton of money and the Jets need role players as well. Maybe one of Babin or Pace depending on what shakes out in the draft, but they need CB depth, so it makes no sense to cut Walls.

You can extend, without tearing up this years deal.  Not a re-do, and extension, where part of the siging bouns hits on this years cap.  And with him, the longer you wait, the more it will cost.

What if he tears an ACL? We tag him next year to see where he stands and then offer the contract in 2017.

So you're going to create three holes on the team for what purpose? None of these guys make a ton of money and the Jets need role players as well. Maybe one of Babin or Pace depending on what shakes out in the draft, but they need CB depth, so it makes no sense to cut Walls.

Pace & Babin good chance both won't make roster by TC. If we sign or draft a OLB good chance both might not be there. Walls is now the 7th or 8th CB (Marcus Williams has surpassed him and makes half what he makes.) .If jets needed to free up some money they would look here.

Pace & Babin good chance both won't make roster by TC. If we sign or draft a OLB good chance both might not be there. Walls is now the 7th or 8th CB (Marcus Williams has surpassed him and makes half what he makes.) .If jets needed to free up some money they would look here.

Stop. Revis, Cromartie, Skrine and a bunch of question marks. You have no idea who the #4 CB now. Miliner won't be ready for training camp. McDougle is a mystery because he hasn't played and he was hurt last season. If those two guys are healthy they still might not be good enough. We don't know that yet. And Marcus Williams showed promise last season, sure. He's not better than Walls. And with Revis and Cro both having injury histories, you don't cut solid players to save a little money to sign a woman beater.

Archived