Unbelievable Eagles Run Game Stats

AFJF

Listening to Philly sports radio and they just gave a few numbers on just how bad their run game has been.  This isn't to say the Jets will win, because Philly has been so bad that I can't see Chip Kelly coming out and not doing something different.

The Eagles have 33 rush attempts this season, of those 33, 19 have gone for 2 yards or less.

The Eagles have run the ball on first down 16 times for a total of minus-1 yards.

I heard SalPal yesterday talking about why they've been so bad and he said an exec told him that the Eagles only use a few different run plays (almost exclusively out of shotgun) so defenses literally know what's coming based on the formation.  Those numbers definitely back that up.

Not buying it.   We were suppose to run the Colts dick into the dirt and they stood up to us quite nicely. Bradford is due for a good game in my opinion.  This will be a tough win. 

It should be tough based solely on the fact that the Eagles are essentially playing for their season.  Teams that start 0-3 make the playoffs 1% of the time.  Like I said, I'm not calling a win, but those numbers make Rex's offense look like the greatest show on turf.

Not buying it.   We were suppose to run the Colts dick into the dirt and they stood up to us quite nicely. Bradford is due for a good game in my opinion.  This will be a tough win. 

Was gonna say the same thing. The Eagles are comprised of professional, prideful football players, and an egomaniac head coach. They're gonna change things, fix things, and play their asses off to avoid 0-3. 

Was gonna say the same thing. The Eagles are comprised of professional, prideful football players, and an egomaniac head coach. They're gonna change things, fix things, and play their asses off to avoid 0-3. 

Me three.

On paper it seem like the defense should feast on Sunday (to paraphrase another thread) but things in the NFL are seldom quite so predictable.  If Kelly has lost the locker room then maybe it is a blowout but I think it is too early for that.

With all of that in mind any chance the Jags can give New England trouble this week?  Any trouble at all?

It should be tough based solely on the fact that the Eagles are essentially playing for their season.  Teams that start 0-3 make the playoffs 1% of the time.  Like I said, I'm not calling a win, but those numbers make Rex's offense look like the greatest show on turf.

Also they travel in droves to the Meadowlands and basically share home field advantage.  Im worried about this one. 

Also they travel in droves to the Meadowlands and basically share home field advantage.  Im worried about this one. 

I have two extra tickets I'm trying to sell but if it's not to a Jets fan, those seats will just have to be empty.

Awesome.  You are a good fan. 

Thanks...I can't do it though.  I can't get mad when I see opposing fans in our stadium if I'm part of the reason they're there.  I've considered it a time or two, and maybe I will in the future, but I can't see it being something I do on a regular basis.

Maybe against a team like Jacksonville when it doesn't really matter who's in the stands.

With all of that in mind any chance the Jags can give New England trouble this week?  Any trouble at all?

While the Jaguar defense is sneaky good this year, and they'll definitely put up a fight, they're not close to the point of winning in New England.  The Patriots continue to cheat in home games by messing with opposing teams' radio equipment, so their home record this year will once again be something like 7-1.

after watching the first 2 Eagles games, i don't see them fixing this mess.  the offense is way too simple.  too many new faces on offense to make this work this early in the season.  think about it - Gone are Maclin, Jackson, McCoy, Foles, Mathis.  Thats a huge amount of turnover.

the defense isn't anything special either.

Agreed.  A team with nothing to lose is always scary.  Especially one that your franchise has never beat.

That said, the Eagles certainly do look like the worst offense in the league right now.  Nothing they have fits what they do.

Did you see how well Coples rushed the passer as a down lineman?  Well my gameplan this week would be to play a 4-2-5.  Coples/Williams/Harrison/Wilkerson on the line, Harris & Davis at LB, and Skrine on the field to cover Sproles.  The Eagles have have trouble as their line has yet to gel, I do believe, however, they have enough offensive talent to be explosive,   Barwin is sure missing having Trent Cole on the other side.

the matchups definitely seem to favor the Jets.  The area that concerns me most is the eagles throwing to the RB's out of the backfield as this has been a Jets issue for years.   Not sure that harris/davis can stay with the eagles backs RB's as pass catchers.    

Listening to Philly sports radio and they just gave a few numbers on just how bad their run game has been.  This isn't to say the Jets will win, because Philly has been so bad that I can't see Chip Kelly coming out and not doing something different.

The Eagles have 33 rush attempts this season, of those 33, 19 have gone for 2 yards or less.

The Eagles have run the ball on first down 16 times for a total of minus-1 yards.

I heard SalPal yesterday talking about why they've been so bad and he said an exec told him that the Eagles only use a few different run plays (almost exclusively out of shotgun) so defenses literally know what's coming based on the formation.  Those numbers definitely back that up.

There are also rumors that there is enough tape on the Eagles to know the offensive play calls as well. If the Jets have that knowledge it could be a disasterous  day for the Eagles. Feeling a little nervous about this game though. You have to think Kelly will adjust.

Also worth noting that this matchup is also a matchup of two completely different team coaching philosophies: The Jets with Bowles and Gailey design an offense around the players they have and then condense that down to specific game plan specific versions while Kelly does the exact opposite running his set system and expecting players to perform because of the system they are in.

This game is so tough because these guys are pros, I just dont think they are close to good enough. The run stinks, the personnel stinks and the attitude in the locker room is probably bubbling over. They are going to paly their asses off but Bradford is going to get put in a body bag. The biggest difference I see is mobility, Bradford cannot move, Luck didnt get sacked, but was terrorized all Monday night. He even picked up a first down. Look what happened when Mccown tried to run into our D.

Also they travel in droves to the Meadowlands and basically share home field advantage.  Im worried about this one

yea we all are Crush because this is the perfect game that we have seen the Jets lose over the past 15 years time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again. Since Al Groh was the head coach, I'd say we have at least  lost 25 of these games and won maybe 2 or 3. This is a real big test to see if the Jets circa 2015 are a team of destiny or and I hate to even write it the SOJ or (hopefully) not.

I think it is easier to gear up to stop the run for awhile than it is to block for the run.  We still wound up getting over 100 against the Colts, and they filled the box, leaving Decker carte blanche.  If the Eagles do have a rotten line or only a few plays, I dont see them prospering.

yea we all are Crush because this is the perfect game that we have seen the Jets lose over the past 15 years time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again. Since Al Groh was the head coach, I'd say we have at least  lost 25 of these games and won maybe 2 or 3. This is a real big test to see if the Jets circa 2015 are a team of destiny or and I hate to even write it the SOJ or (hopefully) not.

Yup. Trap game for sure.  We will be regarding all of them as trap games if we keep winning.

100% agreed.  Yet, when Colts scored on Monday I typically get up start screaming and cussing.  For some reason I felt like this team could handle it and they did.  Could have been the Makers Mark and gaggle of chicken wings I devoured or this may be an entire different organization.  Does seem to be ran in a very professional manner compared to recent years.

Can't imagine being a Philly fan right now.  Besides the stench of Kotite which still permeates that city, Chip Kelly's moves not lookin' too swift right now.  How the fuk does Demarco Murray have those stats?  Kelly is going to wind up lynched.

and he's none too happy about it right now either. I was watching Inside The NFL over on Showtime and Murray was stomping up and down the sidelines like a mental patient yelling at himself and anybody who was brave enough to listen to him. Either they come out fired up and kill the Jets or it's going to be 44-3 Jets

I think it is easier to gear up to stop the run for awhile than it is to block for the run.  We still wound up getting over 100 against the Colts, and they filled the box, leaving Decker carte blanche.  If the Eagles do have a rotten line or only a few plays, I dont see them prospering.

I see them coming out motivated to not start 0-3.  pretty sure they will do something they have not done yet this year.  No reason not to.  It may or may not work but I do not see this as an easy win.

Bradford is scared to death behind that line. Hasn't attempted a throw over 20 yards.

You think he's going to find his courage staring across at Wilkerson, Snacks, Leo, and Coples, and the blitzes? 

Murray racked up 1 yards on the ground. Do you think they'll break out against our D?

This is not the team to find your rhythm against. 

Don't see much cause for worry in this game. The things that worry me most are actually on our side, not theirs. Owusu is out and Decker may be as well, so it's, what, Marshall, Kerley and Enunwa? That's weak. And then is Ivory still banged up and to what degree? Fully healthy, I wouldn't be worried about this game at all.

Archived