Which Jet (all time) says "NY Jets" to you the most

TuscanyTile2

I guess it's easy as what could be more Jets than Joe Namath. 

For 2nd place though, what do you think of the below options (in no particular order):

Bruce Harper and his #42. 

Freeman McNeil and his #24. 

Wesley Walker and his #85.

I think your missing #73 Joe Klecko 

Don't know why, but Richard Caster and his 88, Jerome Barkum and his 83. I still remember telephone numbers by the 70's Jets. In those days, players stayed around on the same team forever, and they and their numbers were forever embedded in your memory banks. Sure, when I need to remember 73, it's Klecko, 44 Riggins, 32 Boozer, Walker's 85...25 seems to Belitnikoff, though - guess I saw a lot of Oakland games. Believe it or not, 45 is Earlie Thomas. 47, of course, Roscoe Word. (younger fellows can't relate).

I'm sure I'm in a big minority on here but for me it's Laveranues Coles. Tough, never took a play off, and always came to play against the Patriots. Second favorite Jet of all time for me after Toon. I think sometimes you get players where their contributions to the team can't be measured in numbers, and even though Coles' are decent, his importance to the team on a weekly basis couldn't be measured mathematically. I'm sure some fans still remember he was a bit of an off-dude, but I think given his past it was always excusable with him. Great player and so much fun to watch. One of my happiest offseason moments as a Jet fan was when we brought him back in exchange for Santana, who I was sad to see go but it was clear he wasn't the right guy for this franchise.

I also think it says a lot that even Rex brought him back for a little bit in and after being released, he chose to retire instead of trying to play for someone else.

Don't know why, but Richard Caster and his 88, Jerome Barkum and his 83. I still remember telephone numbers by the 70's Jets. In those days, players stayed around on the same team forever, and they and their numbers were forever embedded in your memory banks. Sure, when I need to remember 73, it's Klecko, 44 Riggins, 32 Boozer, Walker's 85...25 seems to Belitnikoff, though - guess I saw a lot of Oakland games. Believe it or not, 45 is Earlie Thomas. 47, of course, Roscoe Word. (younger fellows can't relate).

Unrestricted free agency didn't begin as we know it until 1992

I'm sure I'm in a big minority on here but for me it's Laveranues Coles. Tough, never took a play off, and always came to play against the Patriots. Second favorite Jet of all time for me after Toon. I think sometimes you get players where their contributions to the team can't be measured in numbers, and even though Coles' are decent, his importance to the team on a weekly basis couldn't be measured mathematically. I'm sure some fans still remember he was a bit of an off-dude, but I think given his past it was always excusable with him. Great player and so much fun to watch. One of my happiest offseason moments as a Jet fan was when we brought him back in exchange for Santana, who I was sad to see go but it was clear he wasn't the right guy for this franchise.

I also think it says a lot that even Rex brought him back for a little bit in and after being released, he chose to retire instead of trying to play for someone else.

The 1:07 mark. Oh hey let me just beast 4 Patriots and score a touchdown NBD

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/JetsTV---Laveranues-Coles-Highlights/277cd5a0-79d0-11df-ba56-acc8e62813e9

I'm sure I'm in a big minority on here but for me it's Laveranues Coles. Tough, never took a play off, and always came to play against the Patriots. Second favorite Jet of all time for me after Toon. I think sometimes you get players where there contributions to the team can't be measured in numbers, and even though Coles' are decent, his importance to the team on a weekly basis couldn't be measured mathematically. I'm sure some fans still remember he was a bit of an off-dude, but I think given his past it was always excusable with him. Great player and so much fun to watch. One of my happiest offseason moments as a Jet fan was when we brought him back in exchange for Santana, who I was sad to see go but it was clear he wasn't the right guy for this franchise.

One thing I loved about LC if he didn't catch the ball he made sure no one else did either..

The most Jets-iest of all Jets players:

Don Maynard

Kenny O' to Toon & Walker (they're a set like the Cowboys' Triplets)

Klecko & Gastineau (the 2 stars of a 4 piece set - NYSackExchange)

Chrebet

Vinny Testaverde (over the hill hometown washup gives us one GREAT RIDE)

Victor Green 

Laverneus 

Chrebet for me and Curtis "My favorite" Martin. 

Wasnt a fan in the 80's so all of the "legends" never had an impact on me. 

Oh I see. I bet you joined the band wagon when we started piling up those trophies!

Seriously, if you're not a born Jet fan like myself, how do you develop the fandom for this franchise??

Oh I see. I bet you joined the band wagon when we started piling up those trophies!

Seriously, if you're not a born Jet fan like myself, how do you develop the fandom for this franchise??

The reason I was able to convert most of my friends who didnt follow football to root for the Jets when they are playing: Pity.

i have a hard time respecting any fan that says Gastineau..sorry, I just can't stand him. 

You realize what made Klecko shine more was his polar oppositeness compared to Gastineau. They were a PERFECT Yin Yang.

Same goes for Keyshawn & Chrebet. Without the other, one doesn't shine as much. 

Archived