QB

Section 333

I know its been beaten to death and I thought it was a silly topic about going to geno  but.............  

I think its the time. Is it possible with a 3-1 record? We are 3-1 despite Fitz. I was ok after the Cleveland game (even though he missed many throws) 

I was feeling good after the Colt game ( Cause we won) his performance was camouflaged. 

Sorry if Im late to the party But the time is now. There are a lot of folks here that beat me to this and i thought u were all just jumping the gun being silly but Fitz was brutal today. The Marshal 5 yard under throw costing us a TD. The Sailing screen to Ivory. The 4 thrown to the feet of Enunwa and Decker. He simply doesn't have an NFL arm.

I feel that this D and offensive talent is too good to waste on this type of QB play. 

I really wanted to be all in on the beard. But we all know he can't take us anywhere. He's a good backup. He did his job no? We are 3-1 while Geno was out week 1 and 2. Now week 3-4 he gets back into playing shape. Coming back from the Bye I see no reason to stick with Fitz.

What are we afraid of? Fitz threw many balls that could have been picked. Geno could have done that as well. Miami, Cleveland, The Colts and the Eagles are a mess right now. Were not "lucky" to be 3-1, we just have more talent. 

I have been anti Geno for a long time. But I think he gives us the best chance

The time is now. Who it with me?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no downside to playing Geno, the negatives of both Qb's are a wash, the upside is clearly on Geno's side. With the job the O'line has been doing at pass protection, I'd like to see what Geno can do with it, especially if our running game can continue to work. 

At 3-1 no way does Bowles put in Gee No.. And I agree Fitz hasn't looked great..

I know that there's a 0% chance. I was just saying who thinks we should.

A lot of people were against the move because it was early ,much like myself but I think we've seen enough.

We can be 4-1 after the Redskin game and I would still say we know he's not taking us anywhere.

we all know that. We also think Gino can either but there's a part of us even if it's small that knows there still may be a small chance that you know could be a player. At least we know he can make the throws. 

I didn't start this thread to rip fitz. Were three and one. As a back up he did his job. 

Let's put the starter back in.

we're 3-1 2nd in the division going into a bye week. Fitz hasn't looked great but thats because hes not great hes here because of his smarts and ability to manage a game. Yes Geno has a better arm and is physically superior athlete to Fitz but i dont believe we're 3-1 if Geno is starting from game 1. Fitz has kept the ball in our possession and has brought us to 3-1. Until we start losing he stays

Yes it is possible. Anything is possible. Is it happening? No. The rookie head coach is not taking the lead of this 3-1 team and giving it over to Geno Smith. Barring an injury, it is likely Geno doesn't see the field at all this season. There is really no discussion about this either. Winning teams don't change QBs unless the coach is trying to get fired.  

I know its been beaten to death and I thought it was a silly topic about going to geno  but.............  

I think its the time. Is it possible with a 3-1 record? We are 3-1 despite Fitz. I was ok after the Cleveland game (even though he missed many throws) 

I was feeling good after the Colt game ( Cause we won) his performance was camouflaged. 

Sorry if Im late to the party But the time is now. There are a lot of folks here that beat me to this and i thought u were all just jumping the gun being silly but Fitz was brutal today. The Marshal 5 yard under throw costing us a TD. The Sailing screen to Ivory. The 4 thrown to the feet of Enunwa and Decker. He simply doesn't have an NFL arm.

I feel that this D and offensive talent is too good to waste on this type of QB play. 

I really wanted to be all in on the beard. But we all know he can't take us anywhere. He's a good backup. He did his job no? We are 3-1 while Geno was out week 1 and 2. Now week 3-4 he gets back into playing shape. Coming back from the Bye I see no reason to stick with Fitz.

What are we afraid of? Fitz threw many balls that could have been picked. Geno could have done that as well. Miami, Cleveland, The Colts and the Eagles are a mess right now. Were not "lucky" to be 3-1, we just have more talent. 

I have been anti Geno for a long time. But I think he gives us the best chance

The time is now. Who it with me?

It's this type of forethought and anticipation that JN has been missing the last four weeks. 

You have to think that the reaction in the locker room would not be good if Bowles chose to sit Fitz now.

You can say that again.

The players are just happy to have a real QB in there.

Everyone on the team is stepping up and playing better because they know their QB won't blow the game for them in spectacular and embarrassing fashion.

You see Winters out there handling Suh today?

I've had this discussion with my non jet fan friends. And they say but you're 3-1.  

We may argue amongst ourselves different points different aspects of the game. But there's nobody on this forum that believes Fitz has been good. 

And we all know if this continues were going nowhere. 

Really what I want to hear is somebody who opposes my view tell me why why is Fritz going to get better and why can we go somewhere with him at quarterback? 

It would be an extremely bold move to make a switch, and IMO, Bowles should make the switch.  I am not a Geno Smith fan, but what I have seen from Fitzpatrick, Geno can do.  Fitzy is going to get one of our Big Play WR's killed with his inaccuracy, or at the very least, lead to more alligator arms.  We saw it again today, his ball placement is horrendous.  

That said, I don't think Geno is the answer either.  However, he adds versatility that this offense desperately needs.  His mobility will require a spy leaving more space for our WR's, and open up lanes for our RB's.  

JMO.

It would be an extremely bold move to make a switch, and IMO, Bowles should make the switch.  I am not a Geno Smith fan, but what I have seen from Fitzpatrick, Geno can do.  Fitzy is going to get one of our Big Play WR's killed with his inaccuracy, or at the very least, lead to more alligator arms.  We saw it again today, his ball placement is horrendous.  

That said, I don't think Geno is the answer either.  However, he adds versatility that this offense desperately needs.  His mobility will require a spy leaving more space for our WR's, and open up lanes for our RB's.  

JMO.

That may be true, but at this point this team has chemistry with Ryan Fitzpatrick. They didn't even try to defend Geno Smith from being punched

I think all you out there asking for Geno to start simply have short term memory loss issues. All i know is that this team is 3-1.

Yes, Fitz isn't a top 10 QB, but neither is Geno. Just how many momentum-killing interceptions does it take for all you realize that Geno is and will only ever be the 2nd coming of Mark Sanchez. 

Oh one more thing a real, true QB starter would never have had his jaw broken by a 2nd stringer. For that alone, he deserved to be benched.

I think all you out there asking for Geno to start simply have short term memory loss issues. All i know is that this team is 3-1.

Yes, Fitz isn't a top 10 QB, but neither is Geno. Just how many momentum-killing interceptions does it take for all you realize that Geno is and will only ever be the 2nd coming of Mark Sanchez. 

Oh one more thing a real, true QB starter would never have had his jaw broken by a 2nd stringer. For that alone, he deserved to be benched.

Nope. No short term memory.  We just are able to view games logically.

Perhaps those asking for a smarter QB should instead be asking for smarter fans.

The great litmus test will be the game at NE..we better beat Washington...Geno played pretty well in NE last year..we'll see if Fitz costs us that game...if he does, you can rethink the qb position, if not, this is his team

Funny stats with that game Jets in TOP was 40 minutes and 54 seconds Pats 19 minutes 6 seconds.. Jets 28 first downs to 16 for the Pats.. Ivory 107 yds and a td on 20 carries Pats Vereen 43 yds on 11 carries.. Geno 20 of 34 for 226 yds and a td.  Brady 20 of 37 for 261 yds and 3 tds.. The problem was the Red zone and settling for fgs instead of tds..

Some of you need to come to terms with the fact that we just don't have a franchise qb on the roster. Fitz is limited, he can't make a throw over 15 yards with any regularity  but for the most part he plays smart situational football. The eagles game was terrible, but generally speaking He's not killing this team with pick sixes and red zone turnovers like geno and sanchez have done for the past 5+ years. He's not taking drive killing sacks like his predecessors. We're getting game manager average qb play when we've been used to league worst play. 

I've had this discussion with my non jet fan friends. And they say but you're 3-1.  

We may argue amongst ourselves different points different aspects of the game. But there's nobody on this forum that believes Fitz has been good. 

Really what I want to hear is somebody who opposes my view tell me why why is Fritz going to get better and why can we go somewhere with him at quarterback? 

Replacing Fitz with Geno means you're basically experimenting at QB.  You're seeing what Geno can do despite 2 years of evidence suggesting he can't do the basic things a QB needs to be able to do on a consistent basis.  You don't do that when nearly the entire AFC is struggling and your team is 3-1.

I think what helps Fitzpatrick keep the job is you wont see him with his head down, shoulders sagging, etc...Whether its immaturity, poor coaching in the past, of just a trait, Geno has these games where he just looks defeated. You dont want that out of the position ever and in his case you may get it a few times a season. You'll never get an implosion with Fitzpatrick like Geno in Buffalo last year. Geno clearly has more upside but the downside is probably too much if the defense is playing well.  

Some of you need to come to terms with the fact that we just don't have a franchise qb on the roster. Fitz is limited, he can't make a throw over 15 yards with any regularity  but for the most part he plays smart situational football. The eagles game was terrible, but generally speaking He's not killing this team with pick sixes and red zone turnovers like geno and sanchez have done for the past 5+ years. He's not taking drive killing sacks like his predecessors. We're getting game manager average qb play when we've been used to league worst play. 

THIS

Replacing Fitz with Geno means you're basically experimenting at QB.  You're seeing what Geno can do despite 2 years of evidence suggesting he can't do the basic things a QB needs to be able to do on a consistent basis.  You don't do that when nearly the entire AFC is struggling and your team is 3-1.

I think what helps Fitzpatrick keep the job is you wont see him with his head down, shoulders sagging, etc...Whether its immaturity, poor coaching in the past, of just a trait, Geno has these games where he just looks defeated. You dont want that out of the position ever and in his case you may get it a few times a season. You'll never get an implosion with Fitzpatrick like Geno in Buffalo last year. Geno clearly has more upside but the downside is probably too much if the defense is playing well.  

Archived