Who cares who wins tomorrow !!!

no psls

I care about which storylines I get hammered in the face with all off-season.

Do I want to endure months of racist remarks veiled as "old school" comments about Cam Newton being happy to be alive and winning? Or, do I want to endure months of the Patriot fanbase and their inferiority complex insisting that Manning be burned at the stake for HGH, despite 12 months ago them shrugging off their own QBs cheating?

Actually, this is a no win situation.

Denver 1000 times over for a few reasons. 

Carolina wins I get to listen to black QB this and that for the next year. 

Denver wins Peyton has another SB and it's a huge **** you to Brady and the Pats. 

Denver wins Peyton retires, Cam has years to go  

Denver wins and they have a worse draft pick, they're in the afc.

I like not hating either team in the Super Bowl.  I wouldn't mind seeing the Panthers win (I live in Panther country now and very few of their fans come off as asshats).  I love how they love the game, and I love how they always give footballs to little kids after the play. 

I also wouldn't mind seeing Manning walk off the field one last time as a SB champion.  I am just rooting for a good game.

16 hours ago, Larz said:

old friend lives in carolina, so a little rooting interest there, my wife loves horseface, so a little interest there

but

just want a good game that comes down to the final drives

Horseface !!!!! HAHAHAHA !!!!!!!

I do, so i don't have to deal with all the bandwagon Panther fans down here in Charlotte for the next 7 months. It's both sad and pathetic to see 80 year old grandma's dabin the isles  of Wamart. 

Make room for me on the Panthers’ bandwagon!

Sorry I didn’t say it earlier, but I’ll say it now: Go Panthers!

1 of 2

Carolina Panthers fans cheer the team during first quarter action vs the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, October 4, 2015 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fl. The Panthers defeated the Buccaneers 37-23. Jeff Siner jsiner@charlotteobserver.com

A funny feeling has been growing inside of me over the past several weeks.

It started after the Carolina Panthers beat the Jacksonville Jaguars in their season opener, a game I didn’t even remember was happening until I read the recap online a few hours later. (Well, maybe I didn’t actually read the recap, but I saw the headline, and it said the Panthers won.)

The feeling grew when the Panthers defeated the Houston Texans in Week 2. I was at the movies when the game was on TV, I’ll admit, but I caught the highlights on ESPN when I got home. (Or did I? I can’t remember. I had intended to, at least ...)

Then came another win. Then another. But it wasn’t until last week – after they upset the defending NFC champion Seattle Seahawks on the road – that I fully recognized the emotions stirring inside my soul.

ADVERTISING

And now I want to throw it out there and scream it to all the world: I LOVE THE PANTHERS!

Man, I really, really love them. Or maybe I should say, I love us. That’s right, I can say it now since I’m a true fan: We beat the Seattle Seahawks last week, in our toughest test of the season.

As soon as Cam connected with Olsen on that final game-winning drive – as soon as it was clear Cam wasn’t going to miss a wide-open target and that Olsen wasn’t going to drop an easy pass – I jumped onto Facebook and posted the most creative thing that came to mind: “5 and Oh, BABYYYY!”

Then I scrolled through my feed and saw that one friend had posted “5-0!!” and another had posted “Five and Zero!!!” and another had posted “5. And. 0.”

Not wanting to be accused of unoriginality, I deleted my post and simply changed my profile picture to a photo of a Cam Newton jersey that I found online.

Several friends quickly clicked “Like” on it, but to my surprise, a couple of acquaintances who have had Cam Newton jerseys as their profile photos for several years chimed in with “Uh, bandwagon much?” and “#fairweatherfan” comments. Since those comments weren’t relevant to my photo, I decided to delete them and unfriended both people.

Still, I thought, it probably would be good to actually own a Panthers jersey and not just steal a photo of one. So I went over to the Team Store at Bank of America Stadium and, I’ll admit, I went a little crazy.

I bought a Panthers jersey, a Panthers banner for the front of the house, a Panthers phone case, a Panthers car decal (although I made sure it was easily removable), and a Panthers coffee mug that I plan to carry around and slurp loudly from all day long, just so people are clear about my allegiance.

With that shopping done, I now feel totally ready for this weekend. I’ll be back at the stadium for the first time since Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw did a concert there three years ago, decked out in my new jersey and a face full of blue and black paint, toting hilariously original jokes like “What do the Eagles and the Post Office have in common?? Neither deliver on Sundays!!”

If the Panthers win, I’ll try to bite my tongue and not light up the bandwagon fans who suddenly start talking on Monday like they’ve been supporting the team all along.

But if by some chance we lose ... anyone know what the Team Store’s return policy is?

I do, for a couple of reasons:

1) This is very definitely Peyton Manning's last go around. He's going to retire and I'd like to see him win one more SB. It'd be the perfect ending to a truly great career.

2) Doesn't everyone like to see David beat Goliath? I see this SB as being so stacked in Carolina's favor. There's no reason why they can't win this SB by 20 points. But I happen to love the upset when two teams are playing that I do not care about. Denver is very definitely the underdog in this game.

3) The way I see it, this is only the 1st of many sb's the Carolina Panthers will go to. They have the NFL MVP QBing them. The guy is built like a brick sh*thouse at 6'5" and 260 pounds. He can run the ball very well, but he's a great pocket passer first. Most of your running QB's commit to the run way too fast. Cam Doesn't. He looks to pass first. So if they don't win today? They'll be that much more focused on winning it all in the future.

4) If Manning pulls it off today... How many QB's can you say have won two SB's with two separate teams? I don't know of any? Do you? It would certainly put Manning in a very unique and special category.

17 hours ago, no psls said:

Does any real Jet fan give a sh*t who wins the game tomorrow ?

I do to a point.  We are having a few friends over and the majority are rooting for Denver.  Hoping it's a blowout for Carolina and my Denver friends get upset and leave early. More food for Crusher.  Im a big fan.

3 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I do, for a couple of reasons:

1) This is very definitely Peyton Manning's last go around. He's going to retire and I'd like to see him win one more SB. It'd be the perfect ending to a truly great career.

2) Doesn't everyone like to see David beat Goliath? I see this SB as being so stacked in Carolina's favor. There's no reason why they can't win this SB by 20 points. But I happen to love the upset when two teams are playing that I do not care about. Denver is very definitely the underdog in this game.

3) The way I see it, this is only the 1st of many sb's the Carolina Panthers will go to. They have the NFL MVP QBing them. The guy is built like a brick sh*thouse at 6'5" and 260 pounds. He can run the ball very well, but he's a great pocket passer first. Most of your running QB's commit to the run way too fast. Cam Doesn't. He looks to pass first. So if they don't win today? They'll be that much more focused on winning it all in the future.

4) If Manning pulls it off today... How many QB's can you say have won two SB's with two separate teams? I don't know of any? Do you? It would certainly put Manning in a very unique and special category.

Manning is a cheater and uses HGH ; he and Arod are in the same boat !!!

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

I could care less who wins.  I'm not a fan of the league, I'm a fan of the Jets.

Today's game may as well be soccer, as much as I give a sh*t tbqh.

Be careful ... Don't let TuscanyTile2 hear you say that!!!

Archived