Call me crazy I think we beat Seahawks

drdetroit

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 5:10 AM, FidelioJet said:

You're Crazy. 

This isn't a "which Fitz will show up" situation.  

He simply not capable of beating a quality defense.  

Agreed.   Jets are at home.   Wilson is out or gimpy.   OL is a mess.   A recipe for a Jet loss if I ever saw one. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there's really one of 4 ways this could go, right? 

1. The Jets implode and follow up an embarrassing 8 TO defeat to KC with another embarrassing no-contest loss to the Hawks. 

2. The Jets come out angry, passionate and with an extreme sense of urgency and pride and dominate the game throughout.

3. The Jets win a close, hard fought game. 

4. The Jets lose a close, hard fought game. 

1. Odds are the Jets won't come out and play the way they did against KC. I mean, the biggest reason they even lost that game, regardless of how they played, was the 8 TOs. Its just NOT gonna happen again. If it does, EVERYONE on the coaching staff should be fired.  

2. The Hawks have still have a good team and a very good defense. Even with a bad O-line and a hobbled Russel Wilson, the Hawks blew out the Niners. So even if the Jets come out and play really well, I doubt they will dominate the game. 

3 and 4. These are the most likely scenarios. I expect them to win. Its a matter of pride. They are at home and coming off an embarrassing performance. They have been called out by the coach, who also called out the coaching staff. Translation- the Jets will be prepared. The Jets will be angry. The Jets will win.   

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't see us winning this game. Our best chance is beating Pitt the week after. I think we lose to the 2 NFC West teams and will be 2-4.

Good D's like Seattle will give a player like Fitz a lot of trouble. So far he looked very average against a good D in Cincy, and awful against a good D in KC. I don't see why this week against Seattle with a banged up Brandon Marshall will be any different. I think we're in for a long game. Seattle looks like they are starting to heat up.

Our best chance to win is if Wilson is pretty badly hurt and we can steal a low scoring game. But even that would be assuming we don't turn the ball over all day long.

I even think that Pitt game is out of reach. I think your feeling on Pitt may be influenced by what we just seen Philly do. However, Philly has shown to have a pretty good defense this year and Wentz is the first rookie QB in history to throw his first 100 throws and not throw an INT. Pitt simply ran up on Philly at the wrong time. Pitt is most likely going to wipe the floor with us too and we're probably going to be 1-5 or 2-4 after the Cardinals game. 

I have no faith in this team to beat the hawks, Steelers, Cardinals. 

The only thing and when I mean the only thing, literally the only thing the Jets having going for them is that Seattle is a west coast team traveling to the east coast for a 1pm kick off.  Those situations havent been kind to road teams.

Otherwise, this is the exact team that Fitz has zero chance of beating.  This is the game where the D has to wake up and win it because the offense literally cant. 

edit: I want nothing more than to eat crow here

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:54 AM, The Troll said:

Our offense has absolutely zero chance against that team. And Russell Wilson is going to destroy our defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if Wilson will play even, he is pretty banged up already. If he does play we lose, if he does not play we lose anyway because that defense will smother us. We have already seen Fitz perform against a good defense, I am shuttering to think of what a great defense will do. We could see 10 ints this week!

Oh and a memo to the great NYJ "Top 5" defense that has yet to stop anyone: You all will actually be exposed to what a real top 5 defense is this Sunday,. Please take notes. Thank you.

3 hours ago, TJ said:

Agreed.   Jets are at home.   Wilson is out or gimpy.   OL is a mess.   A recipe for a Jet loss if I ever saw one. 

Heh!  That's pretty good.

But a bit too cynical.  Wilson deservedly gets a lot of props.  But while I have not seen them play yet this season, if he can't run that really cuts down on him as a threat.  Plus their run game is now suspect.  They've had trouble scoring. 

If the Jets secondary can come up with a decent game, and Fitz plays average intead of great or awful, says here the Jets win a close one at home.

The real drama will follow the next two weeks, but let's take it one at a time.

You also have to wonder how the Seattle CS sees this game with Wilson gimpy.  The week after is their bye, with a divisional game when they get back against the Cards.  Meanwhile the Jets for them is an out of conference game.  Az is also 1-2 and who they thought their main competition.  Add it up and the AZ game is far more important for them in terms of playoff implications.  So do they rest Wilson and start Boykin? 

Boykin is healthy, but I'd rather play him than Wilson even a gimpy WIlson.

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Seems just like Jets fans to overreact to one game and apply it to the next.

If you think he's going out there and throwing 6 picks again, you are dumb

Maybe not six, but do you trust him against this defense? 

9 minutes ago, rillo said:

Maybe not six, but do you trust him against this defense? 

No, but I don't trust an injured Russell Wilson or backup against ours. Defense played well in KC, despite giving up yards which is common in this NFL.

Plus they have to come east and may have trouble (Arizona at Buffalo). 

This is going to be a low scoring game.

Reminds me after the Houston game last year. We were 5-5, Bowles chewed out the team and they made their run

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

Heh!  That's pretty good.

But a bit too cynical.  Wilson deservedly gets a lot of props.  But while I have not seen them play yet this season, if he can't run that really cuts down on him as a threat.  Plus their run game is now suspect.  They've had trouble scoring. 

If the Jets secondary can come up with a decent game, and Fitz plays average intead of great or awful, says here the Jets win a close one at home.

The real drama will follow the next two weeks, but let's take it one at a time.

It's just the right amount of cynicism!!   Jets never take advantage of these types of situations. 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No, but I don't trust an injured Russell Wilson or backup against ours. Defense played well in KC, despite giving up yards which is common in this NFL.

Reminds me after the Houston game last year. We were 5-5, Bowles chewed out the team and they made their run

Backup QB against our D.   TJ Yates,  and his fellow second /third stringers say wassup. 

On 09/26/2016 at 7:59 AM, drdetroit said:

Their OL is a dumpster fire we can exploit.  I think we win a low scoring affair.

You're not crazy.  Beating Seattle would be the M.O. for a wildly inconsistent team. 

However preposterous it might seem after their performance vs. the Chiefs... the Jets are certainly capable of coming out horribly flat again and bury their season in the first half with too big a deficit.

We all know they've done it before....

34 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

was 2008 when they had like 4 guys come in the week before. Favre throws ridiculous picks, DL can't get close to QB and the Jets lose in Seattle and basically put an end to the Mangini era.

The thing that was just as bad as the Favre injury that year was that sutton and Mangini totally lost their nerve on defense and were constantly going to a passive 3 man rush, this made the whole defense passive.  More than once I was screaming at the tv as a result.

10 minutes ago, peebag said:

Does anyone know what hotel the Seahags will be staying at?  We can start calling them late at night or sending pizza deliveries to rooms.....anything to throw their game off...

Cuz I think the Jets need our help.

Good thinking.  Along that train of thought, Fitz this is for you.

Can't hurt.

31 minutes ago, peebag said:

Does anyone know what hotel the Seahags will be staying at?  We can start calling them late at night or sending pizza deliveries to rooms.....anything to throw their game off...

Cuz I think the Jets need our help.

The STH's could show up on time, get loud for the defense, and not sit on their hands when the first bad thing happens.  That could help the team. maybe....?

Cue SAR I with the auto-reponse in 3....2....1....  ;)

That said, I have been highly critical in the past of the home crowd.  But in the last year few years, the Jets have beaten me down now too even from my Florida couch and the occasional road game. This franchise sucks the energy out of a person.  I don't condone the lack of a home field advantage energy provided.  But I really do understand it now enough not to criticize either.

This is my pet peeve of topics. Didn't someone just say this about the chiefs? how we match up so well against them and blah blah blah. Lets just see what type of team shows up sunday because with these Jets you could get super bowl contenders or you could get the browns 

14 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You cite doubts about how a backup would do against our defense, then cite last year's Houston game as you gloss over it, and do not see the irony. 

Pete Prisco of CBS Sports has picked the Jets over the Seahawks.

Seattle Seahawks at New York Jets

This is a long trip for the Seahawks, and Russell Wilson is battling a knee injury. How healthy will he be against a good Jets front? The interesting battle will be to see if Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick can battle back against a good Seattle defense. I think he does. Jets take it.

Pick: Jets 21, Seahawks 17

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-picks-for-nfl-week-4-patriots-vikings-broncos-and-ravens-will-reach-4-0/

15 hours ago, RoadFan said:

You're not crazy.  Beating Seattle would be the M.O. for a wildly inconsistent team. 

However preposterous it might seem after their performance vs. the Chiefs... the Jets are certainly capable of coming out horribly flat again and bury their season in the first half with too big a deficit.

We all know they've done it before....

The Jets never go quietly. They will not make it that easy for you. They will tease you into believing again. They will win until you cannot resist then they will pull the chair out from under you one more time. Book it. 

Prepare to beat the PAts in week 16 then lose to the Bills to miss the playoffs one more time. 

13 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The STH's could show up on time, get loud for the defense, and not sit on their hands when the first bad thing happens.  That could help the team. maybe....?

Cue SAR I with the auto-reponse in 3....2....1....  ;)

That said, I have been highly critical in the past of the home crowd.  But in the last year few years, the Jets have beaten me down now too even from my Florida couch and the occasional road game. This franchise sucks the energy out of a person.  I don't condone the lack of a home field advantage energy provided.  But I really do understand it now enough not to criticize either.

SAR needs to hire a loud screamer to yell for him. It's the least he can do. 

Archived