Time to give John Gruden a call.

jetsons

Just now, jetsons said:

I think he will develop Petty to his potential & infuse the offense with some much needed punch... hire a DC who is not a real HC prospect such as a Wade Phillips, Dick Lebeau, or Greg Williams & let it play out.

Would be great! Except one issue and its already been brought up.... He will never give up that cushy TV job for coaching. 

Surprised he hasn't come back.  Asked him about it a couple years after his last gig and w/o hesitation he said he'd be back.  I guess $10 mil a year to put in 1/10 the work is pretty alluring.

3 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Would be great! Except one issue and its already been brought up.... He will never give up that cushy TV job for coaching. 

What happens when the NFL rips the Monday Night package from ESPN because the ratings stink, and the network is going bankrupt?

37 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

Hello Chuckie - are you there? It's Woody on the phone   " CLICK"

I guess Gruden is NOT interested in this down and out Jets franchise.

Yeah because winning in NY after all this time would suck, he could be a bigger star somewhere else. 

Who makes this shlt up? 

7 hours ago, C Mart said:

He's been away from NFL coaching how many years? 

That means absolutely nothing if the guy has a pulse he would be an improvement over Bowles. I think Gruden would be a good fit but the best candidate would be Harbaugh but Woody would never put up the huge amount of cash he should have put up when Harbaugh first left SF

12 hours ago, jetsons said:

I think he will develop Petty to his potential & infuse the offense with some much needed punch... hire a DC who is not a real HC prospect such as a Wade Phillips, Dick Lebeau, or Greg Williams & let it play out.

What young player/ Qb has Jon Gruden ever developed.  If the Jets are trying to rebuild, why would you want a coach who prefers the veteran player , over the young player almost every time.

Jon Gruden offense is boring ( plays with two Te's formations about 85% of the time), and how effective would his outdated offense be  in today's game- a passing league.

Just because Jon Gruden has that Qb camp on BSPN , fans assume he has an idea about the Qb position.    Never developed a young Qb in his life, and tried to convince the Raiders brass to take Johnny  Manziel .   Lucky the powers to be didn't agree with his Qb assessment. 

It's okay to want a head coach with strong offensive background, but you can do better than Jon Gruden.     Getting a big name coach isn't always the answer.

1. The Jets are not going to fire Bowles.

2. Why is Wade Phillips going to come here to be a DC when he already holds that position for the best defense in the league, the defending champion Super Bowl Broncos? Dick Lebaeu is in the same position with the Titans as is Greg Williams. Why would they leave one job for the same job?

You want Wade Phillips to come to the Jets? You'd have to offer him the Head Coaching job...

34 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

1. The Jets are not going to fire Bowles.

2. Why is Wade Phillips going to come here to be a DC when he already holds that position for the best defense in the league, the defending champion Super Bowl Broncos? Dick Lebaeu is in the same position with the Titans as is Greg Williams. Why would they leave one job for the same job?

You want Wade Phillips to come to the Jets? You'd have to offer him the Head Coaching job...

Check Please!:P

I don't know enough about the guys currently out there except for Mike Shanahan and a few others. I would take Gruden as HC for sure, but doubt he would take it. Ditto for Cowher. If he didn't take the Giants job he surely won't take the Jets. All I know is Todd Bowles can't seem to make a decision without going through some "process" that takes days and days to figure out. I do know that the defense has quit on him and that speaks volumes A Jets game plan should include LOTS of defense with a no turnover offense and win close games at the end. Except Fitz lost the magic and Bowles keeps praying for it to come back and save his sorry a$$. Not gonna happen.

18 hours ago, jetsons said:

Isn;t Gruden noted for Brad Johnson type offenses?  Short passing and a cloud of dust stuff?

Archived