Cannot wait for Francesa to finally retire

drdetroit

His entire show has become a Jet-fan, Jet-bashfest.  Oh my sauces dold me dat Jets fans think Petty is da next big thing

No Mike we want to see if either Petty or Hack are anything before wasting the entire season on a noodle arm veteran who can't beat a decent defense

He is a bloated windbag (no offense to the mods) who is an unabashed Giants fan.  He greats great joy in Jets misery and probably is talking up the Giants as if they are some kind of powerhouse.  I don't listen to that nitwit so I can avoid the urge to punch my radio. 

Just now, Green DNA said:

He is a bloated windbag (no offense to the mods) who is an unabashed Giants fan.  He greats great joy in Jets misery and probably is talking up the Giants as if they are some kind of powerhouse.  I don't listen to that nitwit so I can avoid the urge to punch my radio. 

If you listen to Francesa recently you'd think this current Giants team is the '72 Dolphins

5 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He knows that when he attacks the Jets it riles up the fan base. He's been fairer to the Jets since Rex was fired but he likes to still tweak the Jets. Him and the owner don't like each other. Is what it is.

It's starting to get back into Rex-hatred territory.  He's really lobbing those parting shots at Woody

34 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

It's starting to get back into Rex-hatred territory.  He's really lobbing those parting shots at Woody

He supported hiring Bowles. Because he comes from Parcells.

HIs thing is that he feels the Jets (fans and owner) are too impatient and shrink away whenever the going gets tough.

He believes that coaches shouldnt be fired after 2 years

Mentions that Parcells struggled his first year with the Giants.

However, he has been critical of Bowles this year too. But he thinks he should get one more year

9 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Just an FYI, Michael Kay is killing the Jets for starting Fitz and Bowles is supposed to join them at 4:00.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

to be fair Michael Kay doesn't know a thing about football.

So it'll be two guys who don't know $hit about football talking.  Sounds useful.

here's the rub.  both petty and hackenberg have been on the team long enough to get in and play.  they want to talk about hackenberg's mechanics but just what have they been doing for the past year?  it's not like the jets are some small market team who can't afford a great coaching staff.  heck they could have a qb guru on board for geno, hack and petty.  and what's up with petty?  oh we all know he came from a spread offense type of program and so he didn't have to read defenses.  okay, so what has he been doing for the past two seasons?  and how does that explain mariota doing well or a number of other young qb's who came from similar prohrams?  it doesn't.  that's the rub.

i will agree that fitz gives the jets a better chance if you consider the patsies some unbeatable (cheating) team that absolutely beats up on rookie qb's.  maybe fitz gives them a leg up against getting fooled.  but at the same time the patsies have proven to be very vulnerable against deep passes and petty can do this.  imo bowles needed to have faith in petty and the receivers to get the job done.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Bottom line is either the Jets need:

1. To get an owner who is not swayed by public opinion

2. To get an owner that knows about football or hires somebody who knows about football

3. To move to a smaller market where the noise is quieter and the media more forgiving

Woody isn't swayed by public opinion he is swayed by his own opinion which is wrong 99.9% of the time

I don't like the guy, but I'll bet whoever they replace him with won't be much better.  How good can anyone be when they only do a few minutes of sports talk between commercials and updates running non-stop?

Mike Francesa is a terrific listen, I will miss him terribly.  Yeah, sometimes he gets it wrong and yeah, sometimes I disagree with him, but he's must-listen radio. 

When he's on vacation or the brutal Michael Kay is the only other sports option, I listen to Hits 1 or 70's on 7 instead.

SAR I

Word of advice; don't tune in to that douchebag. Listen to music on your phone or iheart or sirius or the radio. Listen to talk radio. Listen to another sports show. 

Thing is as you get older you have less patience for listening to a-holes who piss you off. Haven't watched a pregame show in forever spare when it happens to be on in the gym.

Odd thing: i occasionally listen to Chris Russo on Sirius or on MLBN. Used to think he was the dumb guy; that is not the case at all. To his credit he only talks about things he knows something about, and he has a sense of humor about himself.  He even acknowledges he may not have sen a game because he has kids who require his attnetion oftentimes precluding watching Wichita State/Iowa nor the Mariners/Rangers or some other out of market game that simply is not a priority to a sensible human being. Which is a whole lot more honest that Francesa pretending he knows and sees everything. 

9 hours ago, drdetroit said:

His entire show has become a Jet-fan, Jet-bashfest.  Oh my sauces dold me dat Jets fans think Petty is da next big thing

No Mike we want to see if either Petty or Hack are anything before wasting the entire season on a noodle arm veteran who can't beat a decent defense

To be fair the Jets are a laughing stock, it's not like he's lying

A lot of you guys haven't listened to Francesca in a while, and it's showing. 

I don't mind fatty to be honest, apart from that sort of exhale/grunt thing he does after a sentence. He bashed the Mets for years and people used to get annoyed, but most of what he was saying was true.

16 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Non taken

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mike Francesa is a terrific listen, I will miss him terribly.  Yeah, sometimes he gets it wrong and yeah, sometimes I disagree with him, but he's must-listen radio. 

When he's on vacation or the brutal Michael Kay is the only other sports option, I listen to Hits 1 or 70's on 7 instead.

SAR I

Oh my god ; hell has frozen over ; i agree with SAR 1 on something .

8 hours ago, Jet9 said:

A lot of you guys haven't listened to Francesca in a while, and it's showing. 

According to Fatcessa we are all a bunch of immature idiots who know nothing and think Bryce Petty is the next Brady

I never liked Petty as a prospect.  I just want the team to evaluate what he is before moving on next offseason.  

Fatso can't simply be happy that the Giants are competitive again this year everything has to be FU jets fans

Archived