R.I.P. Joe McKnight

maury77

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, rbstern said:

RIP, Joe McKnight.  Gone too soon.

Find it hard to believe a 54 year old businessman could "pull" Joe McKnight out of his vehicle.  Pro football players are substantially stronger than the average bear.  Guess we'll have to wait for the whole story.

So sad.

If he's holding a gun on McKnight, then McKnight probably figured his best chance was to go along with Gasser and get out of the car while continuing to apologize and trying to reason with him.  Besides, if McKnight and Gasser are out of the car other people can see what is happening and call the police to try to talk Gasser down.  If Joe McKnight refused to get out of the car, Gasser might well have shot him on the spot for refusing.

Hate to break it to you guys, but McKnight was the victim of a hate crime not road rage. Which is what I suspected the more I heard about this.

The sentence in LA for 2nd degree murder is life. Any hate crime enhancement is an additional 5 years to run consecutive.

13 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Ugh..

New Orleans has always been one of those "bucket-list weekends" for me. It's falling down the list fast. First the retired saint earlier in the year, then the big shootout earlier this week, and now this horrible story. 

Place is a sh*t hole. 

Try a weekend in Chicago over 3100 people shot so far this year with 600 dead..

Heard about this last night.  That's terrible.  People are nuts. Poor guy, RIP.  If this was indeed a hate crime, it makes the shooter an even bigger dirtbag. Sheese. We'll find out more soon, I'm sure.  I just hope cooler heads prevail. None of this sh!t even seems to get better. 

6 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Heard about this last night.  That's terrible.  People are nuts. Poor guy, RIP.  If this was indeed a hate crime, it makes the shooter an even bigger dirtbag. Sheese. We'll find out more soon, I'm sure.  I just hope cooler heads prevail. None of this sh!t even seems to get better. 

People are not "nuts". They are hateful, racist people with a real fear and loathing of black people...because, you know, they are superior.

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

R.I.P. Joe

ehhh... I would look @ the sources of these "rumors" prior to making ANY decision.   It was OBVIOUSLY FALSE Info that stirred up Ferguson, Missouri.  -_-

So you're saying these witnesses can't be trusted? Why not?

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sounds like mcknight threatened the guy and he shot him in self defense.  Unfortunately, this may be mcknights fault.

Sad either way.

Yeah I just read that too. I agree, sad either way - but this may have been McKnights fault.

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

People are not "nuts". They are hateful, racist people with a real fear and loathing of black people...because, you know, they are superior.

Don't bring this stuff here, not the place for it.

I have an uncle that was murdered. In cold blood. Shot. The killer walked free. The guy that killed him was nuts.

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sounds like mcknight threatened the guy and he shot him in self defense.  Unfortunately, this may be mcknights fault.

Sad either way.

A witness said she saw the man standing over McKnight and shot him.

Doesn't sound like self defense to me

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Any 1st or 2nd degree murder should be death penalty no appeal.

Maybe that will make people think more before deciding to pull a gun.

Except that it's not a deterrent, brings the family no peace and DNA has exonerated many death row inmates convicted on flimsy evidence, would be unconstitutional and cost the taxpayers more money. other than that it's a good idea

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Don't bring this stuff here, not the place for it.

I have an uncle that was murdered. In cold blood. Shot. The killer walked free. The guy that killed him was nuts.

And my father was murdered, stabbed. So you are not in charge of me or my opinions.

People who shoot people aren't nuts unless they are white. If they are black, they are just criminals.

Sorry for your loss, but you ain't got sh!t on me when it comes to having a loved one killed.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

And my father was murdered, stabbed. So you are not in charge of me or my opinions.

People who shoot people aren't nuts unless they are white. If they are black, they are just criminals.

Sorry for your loss, but you ain't got sh!t on me when it comes to having a loved one killed.

Really sorry for your loss, that is absolutely awful and I cannot imagine how terrible that is.

But do we really need more race baiting in this country?? Its bad enough our media does it at every chance they get, do we really need to do it here? I come to places to get away from things like that, not get more of it.

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Really sorry for your loss, that is absolutely awful and I cannot imagine how terrible that is.

But do we really need more race baiting in this country?? Its bad enough our media does it at every chance they get, do we really need to do it here? I come to places to get away from things like that, not get more of it.

How is it race-baiting? A white guy killed an UNARMED black guy, who, according to witnesses was apologizing, and, guess what, no charges were filed. The guy is out on his own. To suggest that this is baiting when a man was killed is absurd, don't you think?

I mean, sure, it might be baiting to you, but I'm a black man, in the f*cking crosshairs of loonies all over this country. It's very scary to me.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

How is it race-baiting? A white guy killed an UNARMED black guy, who, according to witnesses was apologizing, and, guess what, no charges were filed. The guy is out on his own. To suggest that this is baiting when a man was killed is absurd, don't you think?

I mean, sure, it might be baiting to you, but I'm a black man, in the f*cking crosshairs of loonies all over this country. It's very scary to me.

Thats not what I am talking about, I am talking about you making statements that whites who kill people are nuts but blacks who kill people are criminals. That is classic race baiting.

I have no idea the details of what happened, regardless, its a horrible tragedy, and I hope that justice is served. What I have read is no charges were filed "YET" and that there still may be. Its very scary to me how this country is being pulled apart and racial tensions are at a higher level than they have been for 50 years. 

Archived