Suck for Sam in 17

It really would be in the best interest of the franchise to have woody tell mac to tear it all down and build it back up. Cut every aging vet, bring in some younger o-line options, draft o-line, rb and secondary, extend Enunwa and see if Petty and Hack have the possibility to a be a furture franchise qb.

If they fall on their faces then great, next year has a few blue chip qb prospects we will be in the position to grab. If either hack or petty turn out to be a solution then even better, we have cap room and a lot of young talent on the team to grow with them. 

Sam Darnold has that weird "it" look to him when you watch him play. They way he moves in the pocket and leads his receivers isn't going to just disappear, it should get better every year. 

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

It really would be in the best interest of the franchise to have woody tell mac to tear it all down and build it back up. Cut every aging vet, bring in some younger o-line options, draft o-line, rb and secondary, extend Enunwa and see if Petty and Hack have the possibility to a be a furture franchise qb.

If they fall on their faces then great, next year has a few blue chip qb prospects we will be in the position to grab. If either hack or petty turn out to be a solution then even better, we have cap room and a lot of young talent on the team to grow with them. 

Sam Darnold has that weird "it" look to him when you watch him play. They way he moves in the pocket and leads his receivers isn't going to just disappear, it should get better every year. 

I would add to the above: Stockpile 2018 draft picks. 

Jets are just cutting overpaid players that have either under-performed, not been able to get on the filed due to injury, are on the decline or some combination of the 3. 

This is not truly a re-build until the final roster is set. 

I can guarantee you the Jets will look to sign one of the big name FA CBs and LTs. I guarantee you Macc will still look to add veterans that can fill in holes at other positions- either via FA or trade. And that include the QB position (although Hack and Petty will still have an opportunity to win the starting job-IMO). 

If the Jets moved on from Harris, Gilchrist, Forte, Skrine, and traded Richardson and only signed young promising talent via FA without investing massive $$$. If they traded down and added more draft picks. THAT, to me would signify a true rebuild. But thats not going to happen, and quite frankly I'm fine with that. This team, with the right FA moves, a solid draft and some luck at the QB position (Hack), could very well be both competitive this year and have a lot of promising young talent. 

But Jet fans are so absolutely negative and jaded that they will probably bash me for even suggesting this. lol. 

And any notion that the Jets should 'suck for Sam' is absolutely ludicrous. 

49 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Jets are just cutting overpaid players that have either under-performed, not been able to get on the filed due to injury, are on the decline or some combination of the 3. 

This is not truly a re-build until the final roster is set. 

I can guarantee you the Jets will look to sign one of the big name FA CBs and LTs. I guarantee you Macc will still look to add veterans that can fill in holes at other positions- either via FA or trade. And that include the QB position (although Hack and Petty will still have an opportunity to win the starting job-IMO). 

If the Jets moved on from Harris, Gilchrist, Forte, Skrine, and traded Richardson and only signed young promising talent via FA without investing massive $$$. If they traded down and added more draft picks. THAT, to me would signify a true rebuild. But thats not going to happen, and quite frankly I'm fine with that. This team, with the right FA moves, a solid draft and some luck at the QB position (Hack), could very well be both competitive this year and have a lot of promising young talent. 

But Jet fans are so absolutely negative and jaded that they will probably bash me for even suggesting this. lol. 

And any notion that the Jets should 'suck for Sam' is absolutely ludicrous. 

No more ludicrous than thinking Hackengurfh can be an NFL starting QB. He has not given a single reason to think that except maybe cause we want him to. Sam Darnold is a generational type player.  Just has it in a way it can't be taught. For once I would love to kick back and watch a Jet QB with a chance to be a true franchise guy bringing 12+ years of competitive football year in year out.  Haven't happen in my lifetime. Most likely won't happen. But this big brother will not stop hoping for Sam. 

• Upvote 1

The kid looks amazing.

That said, I will root for the Jets to lose, NEVER. I will be at every game this year and will want them to win every one. I don't want to lose if I play checkers at a pre game tailgate.

Rooting to lose isn't healthy.

There is so much out of the Jets control. With their luck they would go 0 and 16 and pick second. With the 0 and 16 Browns picking first after winning a tie-breaker.

The Jets won't be picking first next year, so none of this matters.

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Darnold AKA next Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck college QB can't miss prospect, franchise set for 15 years.

Actually, he's a QB off one game who is being hyped because people are so bored talking about how unimpressive this years QB class is.  

Watson was a can't miss, blah, blah, blah top QB a year ago. Changes fast. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually, he's a QB off one game who is being hyped because people are so bored talking about how unimpressive this years QB class is.  

it won't with this kid. He'll only get better.  Love his on-the-field persona. (Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.)  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

The kid looks amazing.

That said, I will root for the Jets to lose, NEVER. I will be at every game this year and will want them to win every one. I don't want to lose if I play checkers at a pre game tailgate.

Rooting to lose isn't healthy.

There is so much out of the Jets control. With their luck they would go 0 and 16 and pick second. With the 0 and 16 Browns picking first after winning a tie-breaker.

The Jets won't be picking first next year, so none of this matters.

awwwww you're spoiling all the fun with this.  Mr. Practical.  It's the off season.  We don't need no stinkin' practicality OR reality!

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

strength of schedule (determined by hindsight, after the season is over).  The tied team with the weakest schedule picks earliest.

Hopefully we play the Browns and Jaguars late in the season when all hope is already lost.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

This is actually totally inaccurate.

It wasn't one game it was a season where he took a team that was a massive disappointment on the verge of getting their coach fired and turned them into the hottest team in the country, crushing everyone they faced while he posted monster stats and went 9-1 as a stater. Next years QB class is good and he's going to be the top QB in it.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Lupz, Crusher, myself, and Johnny were the first in board. We are true believers. Would you like to hear about our Lord and Savior, Sam Darnold?

It is our only hope. 

I've been right there from the beginning on this one too. The time is right, he could hit his peak as Brady is retiring. Make it happen! 0-16!

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Lupz, Crusher, myself, and Johnny were the first in board. We are true believers. Would you like to hear about our Lord and Savior, Sam Darnold?

It is our only hope. 

I might stop eating when they call his name draft day and he puts  his Jet hat on. I might. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, David Harris said:

I feel like these next year quarterbacks never actually live up to the hype. Andrew luck was the sure thing and everybody knew it forever.  Last year everyone could not waitwait for the quarterback class this year and it's a bunch of ???'s

I would love to draft a kid like Luck.    Still better than anything we have had since lead based paints still tasted good. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It would be appropriate for the Jets to get "Sam I Am" Darnold because green eggs and ham works perfectly for the Jets' colors.

Would you like them in house?
Would you like them with a mouse?
No, fukk The New Dump.
  • Upvote 1

Another USC QB, because the last one worked out so good? Carson Palmer is the best Qb out of USC EVER!!!! How many rings does he have? How many PLAYOFF WINS does he have? That school continually produces great COLLEGE QB'S who go on to flop in the pros. SAY NO TO SAM. 

• Upvote 1