### Jets \ Browns -- (Let's Get Over .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Lions went 0-16 = Stafford = Success

Panthers went = 2-14 = Cam = Success

Colts went = 2-14 = Luck = Success

Tampa went 1-15 = Winston = Success

Titans stumbled around for years until Mariota was awarded to them after 3 wins.

Rosen might not work? Heh..I'll take my damn chances.

But...did they beat the Patriots?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets fans are some of the worst!!

Those of you saying tank; how the hell are we supposed to do that?

Tank how......

Get guys to fumble? Put players in the wrong positions? Run poor offensive formations? Don't coach the young players? What the heck are guys getting paid supposed to do?

Your bellyaching out here is disgusting!

You guys are literally begging your team to lose when they have no real established presence on offense; and yet you have no literal way of the Jets to "Tank"!

Oh and Petty in games is not tanking......

We are not a good team but at least the Jets are playing with some pride which is more than some of you.  

Good Grief!!!!

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It's how they got to 2-2 that is dissatisfiing. I can't stand McCown man. I'm sorry. I really can't.

I mean they are far from a good looking football team. I get it. But i'll take the wins. The Jags have knocked off a couple of pretty decent teams and have a pretty good defense. That's not a bad win. A lot of our young players are looking good which is important to me. 

I'd rather be 3-2 with Bryce Petty at QB than McCown but it is what it is at this point. The Jets know they need a QB.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

The difference between the Jets and the Browns is that the Browns will have one of the top two picks in the draft to get either Darnold or Rosen. Otherwise, they are basically the same.

Just like the Jets they will destroy any chance they have for a good career. 

6 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I would argue our young defense was more the reason they won than McCown was. 

Oh yay.  The Defense we've invested countless first round picks into played decent enough to barely beat the winless Browns.

We won because of Deshone Kizer being a rookie, missed FGs, and Hue Jackson, literally, not giving a sh*t about the outcome of this game.  The Jets "earned" this win like someone unexpectedly "earned" herpes.

It was given to them.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lions went 0-16 = Stafford = Success

Panthers went = 2-14 = Cam = Success

Colts went = 2-14 = Luck = Success

Tampa went 1-15 = Winston = Success

Titans stumbled around for years until Mariota was awarded to them after 3 wins.

Rosen might not work? Heh..I'll take my damn chances.

Sam Bradford?

Jamarcus Russel?

Alex Smith?

David Carr?

Mike Vick?

Tom Couch?

And that's not even mentioning the non-QB busts.

You have selective vision. You only see what lines up with your argument. The fact is tanking is NOT fool proof... It's just not. To pretend differently is to ignore the facts and the statistics. 

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

That TD doesn't count 

Take it away Jets are still good 

At best it should be tied even without that last TD (which doesn’t count, why?). Missed 39 yd FG, and then Kizer blowing the game by himself inside the Jets’ 5 (because he’s a 21-yr old rookie and not a good one at that), and Jackson declining the points. That’s 12 points there. 9 if you want to say the Kizer pick was simply great D instead of a throw that shouldn’t have been attempted.

Beyond that we made a 57 yd FG and they missed a 52 yd FG.

We got outplayed. They just simply made more unforced errors than we did. Good for the win, but doesn’t mean we’re the better team.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Jets fans are some of the worst!!

Those you saying tank; how the hell are we supposed to do that?

Tank how......

Get guys to fumble? Put players in the wrong positions? Run poor offensive formations? Don't coach the young players? What the heck are me getting paid supposed to do?

Your bellyaching out here is disgusting!

You guys are literally begging your team to lose when they have no real established presence on offense; and yet you have no literal way of the Jets to "Tank"!

Oh and Petty in games is not tanking......

We are not a good team but at least the Jets are playing with some pride which is more than some of you.  

Good Grief!!!!

Did you watch Hue Jackson today?

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The difference between the Jets and the Browns is that the Browns will have one of the top two picks in the draft to get either Darnold or Rosen. Otherwise, they are basically the same.

They aren’t taking either of them. They’ll trade back with a team like the Bills for a bounty and get some real offensive weapons. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The INT was on him. The fumble was not. You can’t call that play at the 5 yard line and the running back has to get that ball. 

The fumble was an unforced turnover. It was not the result of anything the Jets did. Nor was missing a 39 yd FG (Gonzalez’s 2nd miss in a row). Nor was Jackson declining to take the easy points.

3 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

If this were real sports, with a focus on recruiting.  I'd agree.  But it isn't.  It's NFL bullsh*t drama.  They made it so that if you don't have a QB you have no shot at contending.  When you minimize other positions like they have, the focus on winning becomes marginalized.  You are not going to be winning much w/o a QB.  So it becomes a chicken/egg scenario.  The system in place to get talent is the draft.  We don't get to win and point to that and get recruits to see that we are really trying and winning and a good place to come to.  It's a draft based system and we are doing everything we can to take ourselves out of the running.   So we can go out an win games with veteran scrubs like McCown and Kerley and pretend that it's a good thing or we ca be honest about who we are and how good we are and stop elevating our talent levels with short term bandaids that take us out of draft position through winning meaningless games against similarly bad competition. 

We are just letting people cut us in line to get a QB.  And we will come up empty handed again. 

HOORAY THOUGH!  We are 3-2!!!!  And now we start to play good teams. 

I agree to a certain point. But you're acting like because the Jets are 3-2 in early October they have no shot now of getting a QB next year. There are so many variables I think you are overlooking. The Jets could finish with the 10th pick and someone could fall to us, or we could trade up. Or we could not win another game the rest of the season after this game and being in a good spot to draft a top college QB. Or we could be targeting someone in FA like Garapolo. There is so much that can happen still.

This win was like bagging the last chick before the lights come on at 4am Last Call. 

If it's before the lights come on, then you still have success, it's when the lights come on and you see the truth and still choose that broad, that's when you have issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, NYallDay said:

If it's before the lights come on, then you still have success, it's when the lights come on and you see the truth and still choose that broad, that's when you have issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. That's why I stated BEFORE. :D

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Why? The Browns Kicker is going to suck less with a QB change? Kizer was moving the offense fine. 

Kizer didn't move the offense enough to get TDs hence their sucky kicker being so important to the game.

Archived