Not optimistic about this Buffalo game

BaltimoreJet

I watched them today, and was very impressed. Washington is atrocious, but they played an absolute perfect game today. They dominated Washington in every aspect.

The Bills struggled on defense coming into the bye week, but today they were able to sack John Beck a remarkable 9 times generating consistent pressure using a 3-man rush. It is possible that they have made some positive adjustments on D' during the bye week. If that is the case the NFL is in trouble, because their offense is legit.

If the Bills make this game a shootout we will lose. I don't believe Mark Sanchez is a good enough QB to keep up with Ryan Fitzpatrick. In addition I could see our porous run D' struggling with Fred Jackson; whom is arguably an MVP candidate this season.

Thoughts?

I'm interested to see how we play after the bye...been a strange year since the CBA changed the work rules...prior to this week most teams were losing off the bye week...Buffalo game always a mixed bag...but if we make it an ugly affair...whick seems like our MO this season...I think we get the win.

Rex may not call the plays, but it is his offensive system.

I wouldn't say that Rex wanting to run the ball makes it his "offensive system", it's more of an offensive philosophy.

It's up to Shotty to come up with an offensive system that utilizes the run about 50-60% of the time.

I'm very optimistic.

They just aren't that good. It's smoke and mirrors. Today didn't impress me. The Redskins are awful. John Beck makes Rex Grossman look competent.

The Bills defense is terrible, and I refuse to believe Fred Jackson suddenly went from league average to Emmitt Smith. Stop him and we crush them. There is no way they can throw on us.

I'm very optimistic.

They just aren't that good. It's smoke and mirrors. Today didn't impress me. The Redskins are awful. John Beck makes Rex Grossman look competent.

The Bills defense is terrible, and I refuse to believe Fred Jackson suddenly went from league average to Emmitt Smith. Stop him and we crush them. There is no way they can throw on us.

Have you watched the Bills this year? Fitzpatrick gets the ball out of his hands quicker than Brady. They are very difficult to scheme against, because their offense is so multidimensional.

I'm afraid that Rex is going to try to blitz them to death and get burned by a bunch of screen passes.

We will have to score points to win today, and from what I saw today it is going to be more difficult than I previously thought. I mentioned that the Redskins offense is atrocious, but so is our offense after the BYE week.

Have you watched the Bills this year? Fitzpatrick gets the ball out of his hands quicker than Brady. They are very difficult to scheme against, because their offense is so multidimensional.

I'm afraid that Rex is going to try to blitz them to death and get burned by a bunch of screen passes.

We will have to score points to win today, and from what I saw today it is going to be more difficult than I previously thought. I mentioned that the Redskins offense is atrocious, but so is our offense after the BYE week.

I have to admit that I'm also skeptical of you because of the recent join date and these being your first posts. That said, I agree, I'm nervous about the Buffalo game. I think they are better than people give them credit.

I watched them today, and was very impressed. Washington is atrocious, but they played an absolute perfect game today. They dominated Washington in every aspect.

The Bills struggled on defense coming into the bye week, but today they were able to sack John Beck a remarkable 9 times generating consistent pressure using a 3-man rush. It is possible that they have made some positive adjustments on D' during the bye week. If that is the case the NFL is in trouble, because their offense is legit.

If the Bills make this game a shootout we will lose. I don't believe Mark Sanchez is a good enough QB to keep up with Ryan Fitzpatrick. In addition I could see our porous run D' struggling with Fred Jackson; whom is arguably an MVP candidate this season.

Thoughts?

Don;t read too much into these sacks. Skins are down to I think two starting lineman. Mongomery is their normal center and they got another guy in their and Will playing another position. The new center doesn;t even know the line calls. Sorta like what the Jets went thru without Mangold. I think the Jets bring the Bills back to reality.

Don;t read too much into these sacks. Skins are down to I think two starting lineman. Mongomery is their normal center and they got another guy in their and Will playing another position. The new center doesn;t even know the line calls. Sorta like what the Jets went thru without Mangold. I think the Jets bring the Bills back to reality.

Yeah the Skins were actully playing well the beginning of the year now they have no chance if the QB is getting hammered. When a QB gets sacked that many times and hammered into the ground Im not sure how anyone can blame him.

Jeez, you guys are downers after a Pats loss. Remember, it's down the road, not across the street.

Right? There is reason to be happy today. The Pats lost and we have an opportunity to potentially play for first place these next two weeks. I like it this way. Screw buffalo. They beat the Redskins today. They are a much better team than years past, but we can and will beat them! Enjoy the week fellas. Don't let the fear take over on Monday morning for Pete's sake!

I'm very optimistic.

For real. The way the Jets dissrupt the passing game, this game should be tough on Fitz. Shutdown Jackson and who is getting open? Stevie Johnson on Revis? Sure. David Nelson on Cro? ok. Brad Smith? lol

I'm only nervous because its a divisional game and we havent won on the road yet.

Have you watched the Bills this year? Fitzpatrick gets the ball out of his hands quicker than Brady.

Stop.

I'm more worried about the Jets than the Bills in this one. Teams are losing after the bye in record numbers this year, and the Jets seem to always suck after the bye. Not a good combination.

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't going to be the QB who breaks thru the league's best passing dee this year. I could see the Jets playing rusty for a quarter or more, tho, before getting it together on the defensive side. It's the offense that will be the biggest concern - as always.

unfortunately after 8 weeks we're still asking which Jets team will show up on Sunday.

We've been saying that the entire Rex Ryan era.

This is a huge game where I think we'll learn a lot about both teams.

Nearly a must win for the Jets as 4-4 is a tough place to be heading into the Pats games with the Bills, Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Titans, and Bengals, all in the mix for only two WC spots and with better records.

Not sure what's changed so drastically that we can't run all over the Bills though. As long as the defense shows up, we should be fine.

I'm neither optimistic or pessimistic about this game. But I'm pretty sure these next 4 games (@Bills, Pats @ Broncos, Bills) will define the season. Jets go 4-0 and they'll be battling for at least the 2nd seed down the stretch. Anything less and its the WC and, maybe, an outside shot at the division, but with a WC weekend home playoff game.

Buffalo defense is not very good- our offense needs to control this game and keep their offense off the field. Same thing the next week against the Pats and their weak defense- limit Brady and Fitz touches.

Buffalo defense is not very good- our offense needs to control this game and keep their offense off the field. Same thing the next week against the Pats and their weak defense- limit Brady and Fitz touches.

I love that the Bills pitched a shutout against the Skins. Its gonna make everyone and their mother overrate that defense hard. Even the Bills themselves will be thinking they are badasses this week the way the media is about to fellate them.

Unfortunately, Vegas isn't buying into the Bills yet, they are only giving 1-1/2 to open. Hopefully some schmuck Bills fans jump all over that number and drive the spread up.

Archived