Things we don't do well as a football team:

Integrity28

1. Make tackles even if fully wrapping up the opponent.

2. Catch pass when they hit the WR in the hands.

3. Win important games.

I wondered when the sick feeling of disgust would return from last season. Glad I didn't have to wait long.

Bad day today OP . Ive lost count how many balls did Santonio drop today ? Either way we got beat up.

Also not making excuses cause we did get beat but this referee thing needs to STOP ASAP they ****ing stunk today. Our line was being blatently held the entire game.

Santonio dropped everything thrown to him after the 1st quarter I believe. Kerley had a pass hit him in both hands and couldn't hold on, plus the fumbled punt... and Hill I don't even think was targeted.

Steelers secondary without Polamalu, and we couldn't capitalize at all. Pathetic.

3. Win important games.

I wondered when the sick feeling of disgust would return from last season. Glad I didn't have to wait long.

This is the BIG thing.

We had a chance to establish our identity and we failed to build off the momentum from last week.

I go with the 4. Play football.

Listen as I said last week this a poorly constructed team. Years of trader mike have devastated any depth this team might have had and add quite a few misses with the higher picks. The steelers were missing 2 huge studs on the D side and still bottled up our O. We seemed to have played like crap without Revis. Our linebackers are SLOW, just wait till a team like the Pats exploit our bonehead safeties and slow as sh*t linebackers. This D is not top 5, it just isn't. I was watching Harris covering today thinking why is he running in quicksand. If the front 3 or 4 develop the Jets can cover up some of the lack of speed (see Giants) the LB's have.

The offense will go as Sanchez does, he has to play like an elite QB for us to be a good offensive team, anything less and the house of cards falls. Our receivers are average(but young), our RB is below average and prone to injury, and again the depth on this side of the ball is poor.

I go with the 4. Play football.

Listen as I said last week this a poorly constructed team. Years of trader mike have devastated any depth this team might have had and add quite a few misses with the higher picks. The steelers were missing 2 huge studs on the D side and still bottled up our O. We seemed to have played like crap without Revis. Our linebackers are SLOW, just wait till a team like the Pats exploit our bonehead safeties and slow as sh*t linebackers. This D is not top 5, it just isn't. I was watching Harris covering today thinking why is he running in quicksand. If the front 3 or 4 develop the Jets can cover up some of the lack of speed (see Giants) the LB's have.

The offense will go as Sanchez does, he has to play like an elite QB for us to be a good offensive team, anything less and the house of cards falls. Our receivers are average(but young), our RB is below average and prone to injury, and again the depth on this side of the ball is poor.

Sounds like by week 6 they will be relying on Tebow to ground and pound the time away to hide as much of this as possible.

3. Win important games.

and we don't get off the field on third down----unless we are on offense

we can't knock Ben down. His whole game is converting broken plays. We race in and let him sidestep our rush. You have to come in at a measured pace and put your head in his chest. All this stupid missing is ridiculous. Keep him in the pocket and bury him. He is a big dumb ox and we make him look like fran Tarkenton.

I'll tell ya what... David Harris is slooooooow.

remember that INT vs the pats* where he had an easy TD, but got caught from behind easily ? I figured he has a quad injury or hammy tweak.

nope

he's just really slow. that miller TD ws hard to watch, he never got within a yard of the guy

Leave it to Jet fans to overreact after 1 loss. Hey, the Pats lost to the Cards at home. Do they suck too? The Saints are 0-2. Are they doomed? The Jets will be 2-1 going into the SanFran game.

Agreed, today was very frustrating, but it wasn't like the Jets resembled the Colts from last year, the Steelers are really just a bad matchup for the Jets all over the field, and on both sides of the ball, we beat ourselves more than they beat us, there is still 14 more football games to play,mand hopefully more after that, the Pats don't look so hot right now either I doubt anyone up there is worried about every little thing, the Jets need to get back to work, and fix what was broken today,mand work on getting better.

It's a marathon not a sprint!

I will prob repeat this over the course of the week but Harris is not a top shelf LB. slow and does not make any impact plays

McIntyre played great. He played with a ferocity, sorta like Landry, that I'm not used to seeing from Jets players in general. He was today's silver lining.

Leave it to Jet fans to overreact after 1 loss. Hey, the Pats lost to the Cards at home. Do they suck too? The Saints are 0-2. Are they doomed? The Jets will be 2-1 going into the SanFran game.

I don't think it's an over-reaction to talk about what we didn't do well today.

And if you heard the sports radio up here in NE, you'd know what real over-reactions sound like.

Archived