Mark Sanchez

Lupz27

Wild rumors starting to swirl that all Mark Sanchez stuff is being taken down from Met Life stadium, wonder if he will be put on short term IR for now, and if G Smith, or someone else proves to be the man, then they could move him to full IR, very interesting. Shirt term IR needs to be announced by 4 PM, should know shortly.

Wild rumors starting to swirl that all Mark Sanchez stuff is being taken down from Met Life stadium, wonder if he will be put on short term IR for now, and if G Smith, or someone else proves to be the man, then they could move him to full IR, very interesting. Shirt term IR needs to be announced by 4 PM, should know shortly.

I think he will be released before the game on Sunday.

I think he will be released before the game on Sunday.

nothing has changed in Mark Sanchez' situation all year. If they could have released him in Feb they would have done it. It's the same cap hit, same guarunteed money. If anything they have less certainty at the position with Garrard already retiring and Geno looking like doo-doo brown. Brady Quinn is terrible.

Rex on ESPN radio was just asked, why haven't you announced the QB for Sunday when everyone keeps telling us from inside its G Smith I don't get it?

Rex's response started with "I don't get it either" and then went into repeat mode of the company line.

Then asked about Rumors Sanchez is done with the organization?

Rex's response was about 15 seconds of studerring, and then said whoever is saying that is just throwing things out there.

To me that is not a resounding No Mark is not done here, it sounds like he is going to be gone by Sunday WOW!

nothing has changed in Mark Sanchez' situation all year. If they could have released him in Feb they would have done it. It's the same cap hit, same guarunteed money. If anything they have less certainty at the position with Garrard already retiring and Geno looking like doo-doo brown. Brady Quinn is terrible.

We will see, I think he will be cut between today and Sunday.

You forgot the Simms looks terrific part. ☺

Kill That douche Manish all you want (I do, and can't stand him), but after listening to Rex's interview with Kay, it sounds like he lost all his input on this team as far as player moves including who starts, and plays, and maybe Rex has just said **** it I'm gonna coach like a D-Coordinator this year, and audition for jobs next year, if true then all offensive players IE McElroy might actually think Rex quit, and doesn't give a ****! Also releasing Sanchez escalates the cap hit to this years cap, and clears the dead cap space from next year I THINK could be wrong, and this might be where the final straw with Rex, and Idzik broke, Rex might have felt he could have a punchers chance this year with Sanchez, and Idzik is gonna take him away from him even thou Rex completely disagrees with the move for the 2013 season, while Idzik is looking at 2014, and beyond knowing Sanchez, and Rex are not part of his plans.

I'm assuming that since it is nearly 4:15 and Sanchez is on the depth chart and this place hasn't exploded in a jizz fest, Sanchez is still with the team?

I doubt it's going to happen, but it only needed to be into the league office by 4, so I wouldn't say the past 15 minutes sets anything in stone.  Although I think if it was something they were going to do, they probably would have done it sooner than this in order to retain one of their second set of waived players.

I doubt it's going to happen, but it only needed to be into the league office by 4, so I wouldn't say the past 15 minutes sets anything in stone.  Although I think if it was something they were going to do, they probably would have done it sooner than this in order to retain one of their second set of waived players.

No way it happened.  Mehta's anonymous source would have told him and it would have been tweeted by 4:01.

That would be crazy. Kid seriously has all the luck though. Probably has the rest of the year off, never has to work another day in his life at the age of what, 27? Go back to California and put on a Trojans coaching shirt and rail co-eds for the next 20 years.

And all it took was complete humiliation from the largest media conglomerates on the planet and to be known for his failures for the rest of his life no matter what else he does... yeah sounds like a great trade off...

I believe if they release him, the Jets are on the hook for $4 mil in 2014. At best, they'll IR him.

The Jets are on the hook for that 4 million whether they release him now, or release him in March, so if you know your not keeping him next year, and just want to rid him from the team to have a complete fresh start at the QB position, AND take away the HC's option to sit your rookie QB (you want starting so you can evaluate him as much as possible to see if you need to draft another QB next year if he doesn't pass the GM's evaluation), and put Sanchez back in the saddle to try, and win more games because that is what is in the best interest of Rex Ryan for his coaching future.

This would make sense to me if Idzik is thinking about 2014 already.

The Jets are on the hook for that 4 million whether they release him now, or release him in March, so if you know your not keeping him next year, and just want to rid him from the team to have a complete fresh start at the QB position, AND take away the HC's option to sit your rookie QB (you want starting so you can evaluate him as much as possible to see if you need to draft another QB next year if he doesn't pass the GM's evaluation), and put Sanchez back in the saddle to try, and win more games because that is what is in the best interest of Rex Ryan for his coaching future.

This would make sense to me if Idzik is thinking about 2014 already.

IIRC, if he plays out this year, the Jets are only on the hook for this year's $8.25 mil.

IIRC, if he plays out this year, the Jets are only on the hook for this year's $8.25 mil.

I'm going off of Jason's 2014 cap page

2nd to last column is dead cap charge if cut

Mark Sanchez $9,000,000 $1,600,000 $2,000,000 $500,000 $13,100,000 $4,800,000 $8,300,000

Rex on ESPN radio was just asked, why haven't you announced the QB for Sunday when everyone keeps telling us from inside its G Smith I don't get it?

Rex's response started with "I don't get it either" and then went into repeat mode of the company line.

Then asked about Rumors Sanchez is done with the organization?

Rex's response was about 15 seconds of studerring, and then said whoever is saying that is just throwing things out there.

To me that is not a resounding No Mark is not done here, it sounds like he is going to be gone by Sunday WOW!

now YOU should like Cimini.

I'm going off of Jason's 2014 cap page

2nd to last column is dead cap charge if cut

Mark Sanchez $9,000,000 $1,600,000 $2,000,000 $500,000 $13,100,000 $4,800,000 $8,300,000

Jason usually swoops in and tells me I'm reading it wrong, lol, but that's how it looks to me. If they cut him this year, the cap charge would be $17.1M, or $4.3M more than he currently costs against the cap. Cutting him next year results in a $4.8M cap charge.

Wait until they sign Rick Mirer.......

Apparently the NFL network is saying Mark is out the 1st 2 weeks..  file that under no sh-t.

For better or worse it's Genos year...  I'm sure Mark will do everything in his power to be the best backup QB in the league.  Lets hope Idzik doesn't handcuff another young QB with promise the way Tanny destroyed Sanchez.

Archived