Mort: Sanchez has torn labrum, requires surgery (merged)

dbatesman

He's actually providing some good guidance to Geno on the sideline it seems. Make fun, even I make fun, but in all seriousness, it looks like he might just be trying to adjust and come to grip with his future roll in the NFL. From his perspective, why not, especially now. He's double digit millions rich with great playoff experience at a super young age. I'll bet he'll be a huge commodity as the top FA back up QB next year. He'll probably eventually be a nice comeback story for the Raiders 4 years from now.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's actually providing some good guidance to Geno on the sideline it seems. Make fun, even I make fun, but in all seriousness, it looks like he might just be trying to adjust and come to grip with his future roll in the NFL. From his perspective, why not, especially now. He's double digit millions rich with great playoff experience at a super young age. I'll bet he'll be a huge commodity as the top FA back up QB next year. He'll probably eventually be a nice comeback story for the Raiders 4 years from now.

If Geno starts wearing a headband by mid-season I'm banning you. 

We'll all remember Mark Sanchez as a monolithic bust, but make sure to remember how hard his idiot head coach f*cked him over literally every step of the way, from handing an acknowledged immature kid the starting job, to dumping high-character vets (Cotchery, Damien Woody, Thomas Jones) and replacing them with scumbags like Derrick Mason, Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress and LaDainian Tomlinson and Joe McKnight, to hiring Tony Sparano, to coddling Sanchez when it was clear he was mentally shot, to never once intervening when Holmes went off the rails, to handling the Tebow situation as poorly as you can handle it (admittedly, 80% Woody's fault), to now effectively ruining his shoulder with the idiotic decision to play him in the fourth quarter of a preseason game. None of this is to say that Sanchez would have been good if he was coached by a smarter person, but it's hard to imagine any scenario whereby a young quarterback was handied with greater malfeasance by his coach.

No one will care, of course, because we're all glad he's gone, but thank God Idzik has turned Rex into a lawn jockey because letting him attempt to oversee another young quarterback's development would have been catastrophic for this franchise.

This.

Also, from Sanchez's POV it would be idiotic not to have the surgery now. He'll be looking for a job next year and needs to be completely healthy.

My son is recovering from a 180 degree labrum tear in his right shoulder. He is 4 1/2 months into post surgical rehab and is going to be likely cleared to play football in 3 weeks. Nice to be 16. LOL

Oh man, that sucks but glad Baby Crusher is on the quick mend

We'll all remember Mark Sanchez as a monolithic bust, but make sure to remember how hard his idiot head coach f*cked him over literally every step of the way, from handing an acknowledged immature kid the starting job, to dumping high-character vets (Cotchery, Damien Woody, Thomas Jones) and replacing them with scumbags like Derrick Mason, Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress and LaDainian Tomlinson and Joe McKnight, to hiring Tony Sparano, to coddling Sanchez when it was clear he was mentally shot, to never once intervening when Holmes went off the rails, to handling the Tebow situation as poorly as you can handle it (admittedly, 80% Woody's fault), to now effectively ruining his shoulder with the idiotic decision to play him in the fourth quarter of a preseason game. None of this is to say that Sanchez would have been good if he was coached by a smarter person, but it's hard to imagine any scenario whereby a young quarterback was handied with greater malfeasance by his coach.

No one will care, of course, because we're all glad he's gone, but thank God Idzik has turned Rex into a lawn jockey because letting him attempt to oversee another young quarterback's development would have been catastrophic for this franchise.

And the award for best use of righteous indignation in a post goes to....

Where was the GM when all of this was going on? I seem to remember a lot of posts following this same theme with Tannenbaum as the protagonist. As soon as he was fired, all of his sins were dumped on Rex.

The biggest Sanchez-destroying issue was Brian Schottenheimer. Brian wasn't Rex's hire, he was foisted on Rex by Tanny and Woody - who were ready to name him the head coach. I don't know how long Rex wanted Schotty gone before he was allowed to make that move. Sporano was a terrible move, but to Rex's credit he dumped him after one season. Very un-Jet-like, especially in the Woody age. The early returns on Mornhinweg are pretty good.

...but thank God Idzik has turned Rex into a lawn jockey... Lol. Rex is on the way back. He's a little subdued, but the confidence is still there. Really looking forward to tonight's game.

Ultimately a catastrophic failure by the GM and the scouting department. Clearly Wrecks failed to develop Pick 6. But you cannot make chicken salad out of chickensheet. And that has to be blamed on Tannenbaum, and Bradway. Someone had to say during draft meetings that this guy is not a top 5 kind of QB talent.And whether it was because the owner is an idiot looking to make marketing points or the coach is a buffoon, that's a flaming bag of nuclear poop that is on the doorstep of the GM and scouting department. Somebody who knows football should have said no, and they went along to get along instead.

Ultimately a catastrophic failure by the GM and the scouting department. Clearly Wrecks failed to develop Pick 6. But you cannot make chicken salad out of chickensheet. And that has to be blamed on Tannenbaum, and Bradway. Someone had to say during draft meetings that this guy is not a top 5 kind of QB talent.And whether it was because the owner is an idiot looking to make marketing points or the coach is a buffoon, that's a flaming bag of nuclear poop that is on the doorstep of the GM and scouting department. Somebody who knows football should have said no, and they went along to get along instead.

+1

He was not talented enough to be a good QB, let alone one worthy of the investment (draft picks and dollars).  Swing and a miss.  It happens.  

I'd say by giving this kid 4 years he was given more chances than most busts, seeing as if there was a competent QB on the roster, probably only an injury to someone else gets Sanchez on the field and keeps him there.  Same way Geno's getting his shot, but my money says they don't give Smith 4+ years of tryouts.

I now feel the change, even on here, the posters are more positive, the weight of the last four years of Sanchez lifted. I'm not saying Geno is the answer, but it's more we are United, and although I don't expect a great season, I feel much better about now and the future. Go Jets.

Yea...everyone's positive until the Patriots put a whoopin' on us....then they'll be the START SIMMS army showing up....god...it never ends with this team...:(

Sadly, this is a myth in the NFL.  SEE:  Alex Smith.  Though Sanchez was going to lose the job anyways due to poor play at some point. 

WTF are you talking about? It's my opinion.

I didn't say it never happens, I said nobody should - meaning I would have preferred seeing him lose his job due to someone outplaying him. Not him getting Pennington'ed.

Ah, the never-ending story of Jets fans.  The moment a player or coach everyone hates is as good as gone, they rush to figure out who they hated the next most, so that they can be sure to blame him for all of that other person's failures right away.

This particular post is a real treat, as it's a two-for-one of Rex being to blame both for Sanchez being an abysmally awful QB and Tanny being a dipsh*t.

Sanchez is really dumb if he doesn't get the surgery.  He's done here.  Even if Smith is a bust, Sanchez won't be the starter.  If he gets the surgery now, he will be ready next year.  Somebody will jump at the chance to give him a  one-two year contract to copete for a starting job for cheap money

Sanchez is really dumb if he doesn't get the surgery.  He's done here.  Even if Smith is a bust, Sanchez won't be the starter.  If he gets the surgery now, he will be ready next year.  Somebody will jump at the chance to give him a  one-two year contract to copete for a starting job for cheap money

I would guess that if Sanchez is thinking of going with rehab over surgery, it wouldn't be for the sake of his time with the Jets as much as not wanting to be coming off of surgery when he inevitably hits FA this coming offseason.  The idea being if he's already back to throwing by then, his prospects will look better, and he might also get himself some more money.  I'm sure the guy isn't completely clueless and realizes what his future holds.

Ah, the never-ending story of Jets fans. The moment a player or coach everyone hates is as good as gone, they rush to figure out who they hated the next most, so that they can be sure to blame him for all of that other person's failures right away.

This particular post is a real treat, as it's a two-for-one of Rex being to blame both for Sanchez being an abysmally awful QB and Tanny being a dipsh*t.

It's Schottenheimer's fault.

Archived