Bye Week (MERGED)

Jetsfan80

It's always weird having a fall weekend where I'm not getting ready to watch a Jets game.  Guess I need to be productive on Sunday and do something else, like clean my place and/or vehicle.  Sunday's schedule doesn't even have an AFC East team to root against, unless you count the Bills game (i.e. who cares).

What are you guys doing to get through the bye?

Im cool with it. I was not going to watch any football, but im going to head to the bar with 124 to catch the 1 pm games, then im shutting it down. It'll be nice to not have an aneurysm while watching the jets.

Real fans go to the bar on bye weeks.

Not blue at all.  We can't lose.

Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs.

Dissertation data analysis! I'm so cool.

Academia. Pfft. Homo. 

I despise data analysis: did a restrospective study this past year where I had to review 150+ charts for a specific pulmonary illness, absolutely miserable. Our online medical files only date back to 2006, so the other ones I had to either go through the actual paper charts or look on microfilm...and the microfilm reader was broke so I had to hand scroll it. I really can't wait to have grad students to do this work for me one day.

...  Sunday's schedule doesn't even have an AFC East team to root against, unless you count the Bills game (i.e. who cares).

I care.  Buffalo is our next opponent.

I'm hoping for them to win this week so that they go into next week feeling jubilant, satisfied and without an angry edge.

We're not so good that we can turn down an advantage against any opponent.

I care.  Buffalo is our next opponent.

I'm hoping for them to win this week so that they go into next week feeling jubilant, satisfied and without an angry edge.

We're not so good that we can turn down an advantage against any opponent.

If we can't beat Buffalo regardless of circumstances, we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

If we can't beat Buffalo regardless of circumstances, we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Not really. Suppose they go 5-1 the rest of the way? They've beaten the likes of the Saints & NE so what would it matter if they had a hiccup against the Bills? If they go 10-6 they deserve to go to the playoffs regardless of who they lose to the rest of the way.

Late in the 2011 season, while driving for the playoffs, the NY Giants lost to the Rex Grossman-led Washington Redskins.  The Giants sneaked into the playoffs with a 9-7 record anyway and won the Super Bowl.

You can't overlook anybody. 

I want Buffalo to win so that they'll have a nice quality feeling about themselves and won't be angry when they face us.

It's always weird having a fall weekend where I'm not getting ready to watch a Jets game.  Guess I need to be productive on Sunday and do something else, like clean my place and/or vehicle.  Sunday's schedule doesn't even have an AFC East team to root against, unless you count the Bills game (i.e. who cares).

What are you guys doing to get through the bye?

Go to a movie double feature sunday probably. Just got  anew dog so may be 'busy' there :)

Not sure if anyone is watching the St. Louis game, but it's about damned time they started to get Austin involved, kid is going off. All it took was for Kellen Clemens to get in the game and start realizing it's possible to get Austin the ball more than just bubble screens and hand-offs.  You'd think after Steve Smith and some of the other diminutive receivers were able to make a living on the outside, OCs wouldn't be so afraid to split these guys out wide just because they're short. Love to see it.

We gotta sign Jay Cutler you guys

Dude looks about as mobile as Peyton Manning in a full-body cast. Seems as though Cutler saw how good a job McCown was doing and decided to take the field early even though he wasn't healthy and is gonna cost his team a win. Detroit's a good team, but Cutler is doing the Bears absolutely no favors.

Dude looks about as mobile as Peyton Manning in a full-body cast. Seems as though Cutler saw how good a job McCown was doing and decided to take the field early even though he wasn't healthy and is gonna cost his team a win. Detroit's a good team, but Cutler is doing the Bears absolutely no favors.

Yeah. He's hurt all the time and his shtick only works when he's got outsized guys like Marshall, Jeffery, and Bennett, and even then it's not looking so hot. Also, he's a massive pudwhack.

LOL at the Bengals getting a hail mary TD to force overtime, crazy play. Hope Ravens season is over by time we play them.

Titans losing is huge for us too. If we won the next two games (which I don't think we will) then we'd create some separation in the #6 position.

Archived